Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

Care 1 EMS

112 posts in this topic

What does Care1 cover in Kingston?

not really true...dc911 still dispatches HVP (care1ems) when plesant valley cant get out. and usually the kingston crew covers the call since we have been posting them in plesant valley on the weekends and over night during the week.

911 doesn't even bother with dispatching Empire/Regional/Hudson Valley Paramedics/Care One on the off hours because they know they dont post a truck in the valley during those times. I quote a manager from HVP "they get what they pay for". MLSS picks up all the slack nine times out of ten

FireMedic5315 likes this

not really true...dc911 still dispatches HVP (care1ems) when plesant valley cant get out. and usually the kingston crew covers the call since we have been posting them in plesant valley on the weekends and over night during the week.

Not really true either.....

Not just when Pleasant Valley cant get out. It is usually for the off hours on ALS alarms when Hudson Valley does not cover. (1700-0500)

There is only a couple of companies who would supply ALS coverage without a contract or for free.

As for the Kingston crew on the overnights and weekends, I havent heard of them calling out, just the Mobile tone hitting minutes after the primary dispatch.

Edited by x1243

911 doesn't even bother with dispatching Empire/Regional/Hudson Valley Paramedics/Care One on the off hours because they know they dont post a truck in the valley during those times. I quote a manager from HVP "they get what they pay for". MLSS picks up all the slack nine times out of ten

While I totaly agree with you, the original contract that was set fourth by the previous regime guaranteed off hours coverage. The new regime knows EMS costs and operations are is not feasible for the current contract agreement.

Its not really "you get what you pay for" its a matter of a town board that saw a price and was snowballed and also a operation (HVP) who thought that it could be done for the cost of peanuts.

This is just a crappy agreement on all sides, everyone pays:

1 Empire/Care2/Hudson Valley Paramedics for losing on the contract. Like I said that was set fourth by the

previous regime.

2 Town Residents because now they are paying their taxes for daytime services and being hard billed on the off

hours.

Response times, between dispatching and no units, now the call is tossed to the next on the list. Depending on

what card the County pulls for that day.

What does Care1 cover in Kingston?

nothing really. we do alot of transports out of Kingston Hospital and Benidectine. mostly Kingston hospital. we just got the contract for Ten Broeck Commons. we also go to Woodland Ponds in New Paltz. there are others just can remember what they are at this time.

Our westchester coverage: Somers Manor, Waterview Hills, Salem Hills, BHCF, Northern Westchester Restoritive Care (tree tops), Cortlandt Healthcare, Bethel Croton (the inn and Rehab), Bethel Ossining, Victoria Home, NYS Vets home, Cedar Manor, Westledge, Holy Comfort field home and seabury, automatic Mutal aid (if we have an ambulance available) to Cortlandt VAC.

in putnam county: Putnam Nursing and Rehab, txp from Putnam Hospital to GHCF, matual aid to Philipstown VAC

I'm sure there are more im just forgetting them at this time.

So what is the final answer on Pleasant Valley? Do they have it or not?

Also, which nursing homes do they have in Orange?

So what is the final answer on Pleasant Valley? Do they have it or not?

Also, which nursing homes do they have in Orange?

HVP/Care 1 is the ALS provider 5a-5p Mon through Friday as 56-79.

Any other time the ALS provider is Mobile Life Support Services with NDP the 2nd due ALS provider.

effd3918 and FireMedic5315 like this

Thanks.

I didn't know how much Care 1/Regional really had on that side of the river and Ulster( ALS backup for mobile life).

in orange county we have als txp's from St. anthony's to where ever, bon secor hospital er/floor to where ever really cant remember what else is out there.

in putnam county: Putnam Nursing and Rehab, txp from Putnam Hospital to GHCF, matual aid to Philipstown VAC

Doesn't transcare have the putnam contract what kind of mutual aid are they providing philipstown ?

Doesn't transcare have the putnam contract what kind of mutual aid are they providing philipstown ?

just a BLS ambulance

Ironically Care1EMS just went mutual aide to Phillipstown with a BLS unit for an MVA.

well its offical as of thursday we will no longet be hudson valley paramedics/ regional ems. we have offically gotten word that we change names on thursday to CARE1EMS.

Ironically Care1EMS just went mutual aide to Phillipstown with a BLS unit for an MVA.

They started that a while ago when I worked there. HVP now Care1 for rt 9 corridor and BVAC for 9d corridor.

They started that a while ago when I worked there. HVP now Care1 for rt 9 corridor and BVAC for 9d corridor.

garrison also has been used for the 9d area between foodtown and the bridge.

Right, makes sense, no point in sending bvac south of foodtown

Right, makes sense, no point in sending bvac south of foodtown

ur right...but at the same time i have seen them to calls on constiution island

So they're not using the other vacs at mutual aid ?

Care 1 has been used M/A for Philipstown and They do have a contracted EMT in Garrison VAC Mon - Fri 0600-1600hrs, Putnam works on Muliti Agency Tone Out for M/A response, to my knowledge it comes down to who every is able to get a crew first takes the call. 9 times our of 10 calls are handled with the paid staff EMT/Driver and the Medic. Unless it is a second hit and no 2nd personal in the building, or an ALPHA level call and no medic dispatched. If it comes down to M/A Philipstown EMT will assist and offer to ride the call in with the other responding agency. Garrison District line is the Bridge at Dicks Castle rd on rt 9d which is less than a mile from foodtown. and BVAC Starts at the Tunnel on the other side of RT9d. Philipstown does cover a large area, so the response can be some time for say Garrison to respond from their HQ to the Northern End of Philipstown which happens to be right down the road from CARE 1 HQ.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: That's because PVFD doesn't pay for ALS after I believe 1800hrs, so Mobile Life jumps in for some fun, because Care1 doesnt keep a truck in that part of the county overnight.

ok i live right next to the building Hudson valley/care1 use for there office there is a bus there 24/7 now the crew is not there 24/7 i am good friends with one of them who work there they just leave the bus there and staff it the time its paid for i think it 6am-6pm they do run als in to the valley and millbrook after that time with a crew out of poughkeepsie due to its not pade for in the valley now for mobile life from what im told from insiders care 1 will no longer be running into the valley and this is y you now here mobile life

BVAC will usually get called if Philipstown then Garrison then depending on location dept x has no units availible. BVAC has and will respond to locations off Rt 9 or 9D.

And you do get what you pay for regardles what company you deal with. You pay cheap you get cheap!

_

MHD381, Yes to only one thing. You used to work there. As a Paramedic that works here then & now. I as well as my fellow EMT & Medics do our jobs, & those of us that care & do this as a profession bring it on 110% every day we put on our uniform. Your miss direction is not welcome. We are all to blame including yourself, & none of us are perfect. I am not a great medic, but I am good & strive to be better every day.

Matt Lamb was also a friend of mine.

Sorry I didn't recheck thread sooner. Care 1 is going into transcare and empress territory. A couple of snf in new roc and Yonkers call care 1 now.

ok i live right next to the building Hudson valley/care1 use for there office there is a bus there 24/7 now the crew is not there 24/7 i am good friends with one of them who work there they just leave the bus there and staff it the time its paid for i think it 6am-6pm they do run als in to the valley and millbrook after that time with a crew out of poughkeepsie due to its not pade for in the valley now for mobile life from what im told from insiders care 1 will no longer be running into the valley and this is y you now here mobile life

Ummm..what??!!?? I can't follow anything you're saying with the run on sentences and no punctuation.

FireMedic5315, PVFD233 and x129K like this

considering how the economy is it didnt suprise me to see that the company was bought out. if ur gonna complain about the place where i work i suggest u keep it to urself.

Ah...no. You know me very very well..and when I have a problem...I voice it. I go through the channels I need to, to point it out...but you know I don't say anything I won't say to a person or people involved. So you know some crews have gotten and earful from me when the "ALS intercept" parade was going on for calls that were clearly made to the company requesting ALS transport. So instead of turning it down or telling them to simply call 911..they would send a BLS bus and then they would request ALS through 911. 9 times out of 10...I and my colleagues would arrive on scene with the patient just barely on the stretcher. That's abusing my system for the benefit of that agency. That doesn't fly to me. Anything else I can say I keep to myself because those were professional explanations to others that wore a paramedic patch..the state one..not the one on the company patch. No one who calls for a helicopter in my district should be surprised that we show up...and then attempt to catch an attitude when I cancel it when it was more then clear it wasn't needed. Only to attempt to state protocol which wasn't even correct at that. But I'll shut up now.

FFEMT150, JetPhoto, newsbuff and 1 other like this

Ah...no. You know me very very well..and when I have a problem...I voice it. I go through the channels I need to, to point it out...but you know I don't say anything I won't say to a person or people involved. So you know some crews have gotten and earful from me when the "ALS intercept" parade was going on for calls that were clearly made to the company requesting ALS transport. So instead of turning it down or telling them to simply call 911..they would send a BLS bus and then they would request ALS through 911. 9 times out of 10...I and my colleagues would arrive on scene with the patient just barely on the stretcher. That's abusing my system for the benefit of that agency. That doesn't fly to me. Anything else I can say I keep to myself because those were professional explanations to others that wore a paramedic patch..the state one..not the one on the company patch. No one who calls for a helicopter in my district should be surprised that we show up...and then attempt to catch an attitude when I cancel it when it was more then clear it wasn't needed. Only to attempt to state protocol which wasn't even correct at that. But I'll shut up now.

no, u are absoluty correct...there are agencies that abuse the 911 system like it is their own people they are sending out on a call. i have gotten pretty good about not being ALS dependant. i have taken alot of calls where the closest ALS intervention was the hospital...and why shut up..when ur right ur right...its just that simple. some people might not like it when ur right and u prove ur right by making them look foolish but hey it happens...i remember one medic asking why i put his stuff away when he wasn't done using it. i kinda felt like a d*ck.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: That's because PVFD doesn't pay for ALS after I believe 1800hrs, so Mobile Life jumps in for some fun, because Care1 doesnt keep a truck in that part of the county overnight.

PVFD doesnt pay for the ALS unit during the day either....the town does

One should also make a note that the Care1 name comes from the parent organization - a conglomerate of nursing homes. There isn't much information about the parent company online aside from some NJ operations (if that is indeed the same company) but it appears they are the parent organization/corporation for quite a few of the nursing facilities around the area. Their recent employment ads have listed them as having operations in New Rochelle and Yonkers as well, but I doubt that. Seems most of their work is in Northern Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange and Ulster. When they aren't actively on jobs they seem to like to post at the ERs - probably to be seen and pickup jobs out of those facilities.

really..before you speak do some research ..this is so untrue

He did do his research. That is what he found. If he is mistaken, please correct him with the proper information.

effd3918 likes this

So then what is the "truth?" One could easily discount anything...but you bring no sustenance to the conversation what so ever.

ny10570 likes this