Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

Care 1 EMS

112 posts in this topic

He did do his research. That is what he found. If he is mistaken, please correct him with the proper information.

that is correct. the three men who bought the company have many nursing homes. Care1EMS is NOT licensed in NJ. only in PA, and NY. The new owners are trying very hard to expand the territory they have now. Many changes are comming along. I have also heard a possible bid for the Putnam ALS contract when it comes up. The new owners have been intouch with other companies to get a better working relationship between companies. Considering we are all in the same line of work and are here to help people. I hope my input helps sorry it took so long to respond.

Ken

effd3918 likes this

I don't give much attention to forum trolls with names like "madlady" and only one post. ;)

Edited by WAS967
INIT915 likes this

I don't give much attention to forum trolls with names like "madlady" and only one post. ;)

Don't really care if u don't like the name..i will not lose sleep over it..ive been in ems for 22yrs and have seen many changes..the one i like least is how cocky and opinionated everyone has come..everyone has the opinion . My company is the best well the last time i looked and did my research we were all doing the same thing....as for backing but what i said..how do u steal jobs out of the hospital ..they either call them or they call some one eles..its really just a place to park..as for only making one post..this is why..because most of what goes on here is empty words with no meaning

tonistarks likes this

Don't really care if u don't like the name..i will not lose sleep over it..ive been in ems for 22yrs and have seen many changes..the one i like least is how cocky and opinionated everyone has come..everyone has the opinion . My company is the best well the last time i looked and did my research we were all doing the same thing....as for backing but what i said..how do u steal jobs out of the hospital ..they either call them or they call some one eles..its really just a place to park..as for only making one post..this is why..because most of what goes on here is empty words with no meaning

Maybe some but not all words have empty meaning. To be honest I could care less about a name either. But I can say this. You still didn't back up that what he said wasn't true. And while we at a provider level all do the same..not every company is created equal. I have my gripes of things that have occurred where my district is and its unsavory and not even remotely appropriate. I don't work for a company trying to make money..I'm municipal fire based dual role department. Major difference in practices.

Danger likes this

Commercial EMS is commercial EMS. I'm not really sure anyone is judging any individual providers but you need to take into account that the company in question has some pretty muddy history. I had an issue during an encounter w/ the company in question which i chalk up to the individuals on that crew - it happens. That said, i always felt bad for some of the guys i saw working Care 1 - many of them always look so sad/unhappy. Hopefully things get better for you guys as things level out.

Commercial EMS is commercial EMS. I'm not really sure anyone is judging any individual providers but you need to take into account that the company in question has some pretty muddy history. I had an issue during an encounter w/ the company in question which i chalk up to the individuals on that crew - it happens. That said, i always felt bad for some of the guys i saw working Care 1 - many of them always look so sad/unhappy. Hopefully things get better for you guys as things level out.

do you care to elabrate???

What's there to elaborate on? Couple of the folks looked pretty bummed out...when i asked what was up they voiced confusion/concern as to what was going on w/ the company. I felt bad because i remember what it was like working commercial and companies being sold/taken over/changing hands and the stress that brings to many. Am i not allowed to be a nice guy?

firefighter36 and Danger like this

Now And Add On Question, DC 911 Still Dispatches HVP For Pleasant Valley, Any Reason Why No Name Change???

As of 0000hrs 1/1/12, Dutchess 911 is now dispatching the agency as Care1 EMS, no longer Hudson Valley Paramedics. This will only affect 2nd calls in the district during contracted hours, as the dedicated unit is still called 56-79. After contract hours, Mobile Life Support has been chosen by PVFD as the ALS provider.

x129K and FireMedic5315 like this

As of 0000hrs 1/1/12, Dutchess 911 is now dispatching the agency as Care1 EMS, no longer Hudson Valley Paramedics. This will only affect 2nd calls in the district during contracted hours, as the dedicated unit is still called 56-79. After contract hours, Mobile Life Support has been chosen by PVFD as the ALS provider.

Why don't you say it as it is & not play word games. As the contract states as per the towns agreement. Care 1 is the contracted company. That contract reads that Care 1 will provide ALS coverage from 5 a to 1700 monday threw friday. The company provided coverage for at no additional fees ( that I am aware of ). Go ahead and cover the area and bill for it. Big deal. Its a contract. The Medics & EMTS that covered the shift and do a good job for the most part. Most of the same Medics are & had been the same Medics from the other companies that had been there. Just a diff patch & shirt.

Some people should get a grip.

Why don't you say it as it is & not play word games. As the contract states as per the towns agreement. Care 1 is the contracted company. That contract reads that Care 1 will provide ALS coverage from 5 a to 1700 monday threw friday. The company provided coverage for at no additional fees ( that I am aware of ). Go ahead and cover the area and bill for it. Big deal. Its a contract. The Medics & EMTS that covered the shift and do a good job for the most part. Most of the same Medics are & had been the same Medics from the other companies that had been there. Just a diff patch & shirt.

I think you are right, some people SHOULD get a grip. I merely stated facts, you sir, read too far into it.

INIT915, EMTDelta, newsbuff and 3 others like this

Nathan's post was in English and stated the same facts that yours did. There were no word games, as you call them.

xfirefighter484x likes this

how do u steal jobs out of the hospital

I don't recall saying anything in this thread about stealing jobs out of hospitals. You were saying something about opinions?

Nathan stated it perfectly! Has anyone ever heard of an area where someone is contracted going to someone completely different on off hours after a year into the contract...so dispatching the first company dosent waste time?

I think 'some' people misinterpret my simple statement that DC911 will now officially be calling it Care1 EMS, as a shot at the company, when it is no such thing. There was simply a question back in November why they were not calling them that. IIRC, it was still 'in the works' for the OFFICIAL name change to take place, through whatever applications were made, I am sure with DoH, and any other entities. Can't just wake up and decide to change your company's name and it happens right then and there.

Also, in reference to the contract held by PVFD, the CONTRACT was decided by, and signed BY the TOWN itself, NOT the FD. Since those hours for contracted coverage were decided by the town, it said nothing about who HAD to provide coverage after that time. I will not speculate into how pleased/displeased PVFD was by the off-hours service, but word was passed onto the dispatch agency that MLSS would be dispatched during the non-contracted hours.

I should also clarify that the Care1 EMS will also be dispatched as they normally would in order of preference by agencies that use commercial agencies for transports (i.e. correctional facilities), and any mutual aid, NOT just as multiple calls in PVFD area.

I fail to see how stating this is so terrible. **shrugs**

QTIP B)

firefighter36 likes this

Hey, I'm sorry. I did take the comment the wrong way. I was tired & a bit punchy with everything that is going on. Right wrong indifferent just some stuff is getting to me.

I work for the company & I have nothing to do with those above me. What I will say is. That for myself & the others bring our best to every call or pt we care for. I find it funny that I have seen EMTS & others bs when they don't get their way. Like mocking a medic that has done & seen more than they could ever think of. Like, J B, Ralph & a few others. I would suggest that some people put the clip board down & pickup the airway bag.

Once again to a few of you that I know & admire for your skills knowledge & friendship. I am sorry if I have offended any of you.

Tom O

JetPhoto likes this

Hey, I'm sorry. I did take the comment the wrong way. I was tired & a bit punchy with everything that is going on. Right wrong indifferent just some stuff is getting to me.

Friends don't let friends post/text tired, drunk or angry... :unsure:

What's there to elaborate on? Couple of the folks looked pretty bummed out...when i asked what was up they voiced confusion/concern as to what was going on w/ the company. I felt bad because i remember what it was like working commercial and companies being sold/taken over/changing hands and the stress that brings to many. Am i not allowed to be a nice guy?

I'm sorry. I miss read your post. Yes, some of us look like we have lost our dog. Especially with recent changes in the schedual. The crews out of the fishkill station aren't as happy as we used to be. But, thats another story for another day.

I think 'some' people misinterpret my simple statement that DC911 will now officially be calling it Care1 EMS, as a shot at the company, when it is no such thing. There was simply a question back in November why they were not calling them that. IIRC, it was still 'in the works' for the OFFICIAL name change to take place, through whatever applications were made, I am sure with DoH, and any other entities. Can't just wake up and decide to change your company's name and it happens right then and there.

Also, in reference to the contract held by PVFD, the CONTRACT was decided by, and signed BY the TOWN itself, NOT the FD. Since those hours for contracted coverage were decided by the town, it said nothing about who HAD to provide coverage after that time. I will not speculate into how pleased/displeased PVFD was by the off-hours service, but word was passed onto the dispatch agency that MLSS would be dispatched during the non-contracted hours.

I should also clarify that the Care1 EMS will also be dispatched as they normally would in order of preference by agencies that use commercial agencies for transports (i.e. correctional facilities), and any mutual aid, NOT just as multiple calls in PVFD area.

I fail to see how stating this is so terrible. **shrugs**

QTIP B)

Don't know what they're reading..but I didn't see one thing that could remotely have been mis-interpreted.

Care 1 use to be hudson valley paramedics and the closest office is in fishkill on rt 9 and yes they normally have a rig down this way.

Care 1 use to be hudson valley paramedics and the closest office is in fishkill on rt 9 and yes they normally have a rig down this way.

Uh, did you read any of the previous posts. I think it is well established who they are, and where they operate out of. Just sayin'

Where is their station in Yonkers? Would be interesting if they were right down the street from Empress like AMR used to be.

We are at the Home for the aged off of exit 5A on the Saw Mill. We are close to Empress base.

AMR was NEXT DOOR to the Empress base at one time. What does the proximity to Empress' base have to do with anything?

AMR was NEXT DOOR to the Empress base at one time. What does the proximity to Empress' base have to do with anything?

You made the statement "would be interesting if they were right down the street from Empress like AMR used to be", and the poster affirmed that they are close to Empress base. You brought it up, so why are you asking what the proximity to Empress has to do with anything?

INIT915 and xfirefighter484x like this

Care1 buses go code 3 through Somers on a regular basis?

If they're going to an "emergency" at a contracted facility, then you may see commercial ambulance providers responding code 3 through your jurisdiction.

yes, we have a contract agreement with Somers Manor. We usually post at Somers Commons or King Kone.

They have a website up? They still connected to Emergency amb in LI and owned by the account erik erin aron whatever his name is?

As far as I know, the website is still www.hvmedics.com

Haven't seen anything with the Care 1 name yet.

They had an ad in the Pennysaver looking for EMT's & Paramedics They're opening a station in Yonker's. Should be interesting on how they fare, as Empress is

pretty dominant in Yonkers.

The base in Yonkers is already opened and servicing the nursing homes in the area... no 911 contracts yet