Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFEMT150

A Special Day For A Special Boy

56 posts in this topic

God bless HFD for giving that kid what he always wanted.My prayers go out to him and his family hope all turns out well... Happy holidays everyone and stay safe

voltage1256 and FFEMT150 like this

Christopher keep fighting the fight...we are behind you...God Bless

FFEMT150 likes this

Anyone have an address where we could send shirts and patches?

Actually sounds like a great idea. Perhaps we can arrange for patches and shirts to be mailed to HFD where they can then be delivered to Christopher instead of disclosing his personal address in a public forum.

FFEMT150 likes this

Actually sounds like a great idea. Perhaps we can arrange for patches and shirts to be mailed to HFD where they can then be delivered to Christopher instead of disclosing his personal address in a public forum.

That's the direction I was headed.

FFEMT150 likes this

Any donations of patches or shirts can actually be sent to me. Thank you for the wonderful thought! Just so you guys know, I have just sat with Christopher and read your posts to him. He and his family are over joyed with your responce. All of your kind words have helped greatly! THank you all!

Feel free to contact me at: wisker.pat@gmail.com or on my cell 914-373-8489.

Thanks again gand and God Bless you all!

Absolutely wonderful!!!!! This touched my heart to see this young boy have so much fun. I really do hope that he could be a firefighter as he wants to be, no matter what it takes.

FFEMT150 likes this

My name is Kimberly, I am Christopher's mother. I would like to thank each and every one for your awesome words of encouragement and support. I've been an EMT for the 6 years and one thing I've learned is that I am part of a much bigger family! Before we found out what was causing Christopher so much pain, I thought I could handle anything, but it's a different story when your actually told the news. After Christopher's 1st surgery, the doctor's are going to place a Petrie Cast on him. For those that do not know, it is a cast from the top of the thighs and goes all the way down to the ankles. Both legs will be casted straight and there will be bars forcing his legs apart from each other. He will have to have this cast on for 6wks. Every word you type, Christopher is reading, so please don't stop! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! I pray you all stay safe during this holiday season. May you and your families share love, peace and happiness.

x635, Task Force 7, INIT915 and 4 others like this

Christopher,

Keep you head up and fight as hard as you can. When you feel tired and worn down come on here and we will support and encourage you as best we can. We do it in our firehouses, stationhouses, EMS bases. This place is no different. We have our discussions and disagreements from time to time but at the end of the day we want everyone to go home. Stay positive Christopher!

FFEMT150 likes this

Hey gang,

Just wanted to thank all of you again for showing Christopher your support. It is posts like this that show how large our family really is. Sure we may fight and annoy each other from time to time but we are here when it counts.

Christopher was very pleased to see that all of his heros were supporting him and wishing him well for the holidays. You have all touched his heart in a way you couldn't imagine.

Kimberly, Christophers mother, is also thankful for all of your support. Withour all of you this holiday season would have been almost impossible.

Christopher will be undergoing his first of many surgeries on January 3rd. He will spend an estimated three days in the Boston Childrens Hospital and be discharged to his home. Christopher has a long road ahead of him and your kind words may be the only thing to help him through so PLEASE keep sending them. This is a young man who truely idolizes all of us.

We are hoping to have a "welcome home" type party for Christopher as soon as he is feeling up to it. I will be posting the date, time and place on here with an open invitation to any of you that would like to come by and speak to this remarkable young man in person.

Again, Thnak You everyone for all you have done. May god bless all of you and please, have a happy and safe holiday and a prosperous new year

Pat Wisker

Ex-Lieutenant

Cortlandt EMS/ Montrose FD

Hey Christopher, Keep up the good fight!! Stay stong, and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!! :)

FFEMT150 likes this

Wanted to take this from my e-mail to send to Christopher and any kid/Honorary firefighter who is going through a tough medical time this holiday, but could not figure out to do it, so will just retype it from my original. Sorry for any spelling errors, and hope it brings a smile.

An Emergency Incident With St. Nicholas

(with many, many apologies to Clement C. Moore and poets everywhere)

by Clutz Z. Meter

'Twas the night before Christmas and through each Company Firehouse

Not a creature was stirring - Well, maybe spiders and a mouse;

The plymovents were attached, the air lines intact

In hopes exhaust fumes would exit and air brakes react;

The fire trucks were all plugged in all snug in their bay beds

While visions of "The Big One" danced in their engine heads;

And the Dispatcher in his new chair with feet on the desk frame

Had just settled down with a new movie and video game

When out in the parking lot there arose such a clatter,

That he sprang from his soft perch to see what was the matter.

To the double-paned bullet-proof window he flew like a flash,

Then realized he could see nothing - to the surveillance camera screens he dashed.

The winter fog rose from the watershed all around,

Giving eery fluff cover to lights shining at the ground;

When, what to his NCIC screen-tired eyes should appear

But a miniature sleigh, and eight - no, nine - tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

He knew in a moment must be a perp or St. Nick.

More rapid than a first-due engine his flying deer they came,

And he whistled and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now Rudolph, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donder and Blitzen!

We've got to clear that cell tower! We need some more height!

Now dash away! Climb away! Stop dragging, you on the right!"

As dry leaves in the fall 'round the firehouse swirl and fly,

When they 'gainst the bay and side doors pile up high,

So up to the cell tower the reindeer they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, elves, and St. Nicholas, too.

And, then, in a twinkling, the Dispatcher saw the crash;

Reindeer tangled, sleigh sideways; from Rudolph's nose came a flash.

The Dispatcher drew in a deep breath and reached for the tones;

Through the camera saw falling presents and embers, heard little elf moans.

The victims were dressed all in fur from their heads to their feet,

With clothes tarnished with ashes, faces white as a sheet.

Bundles of toys were falling from each stuffed sack,

Tangled in cell tower structure, brush fire starting out back.

"Fire engines, tankers, EMS, PD to the scene!

Mass casualty collision, injuries and fire seen!"

Firefighters and EMTs rolled out of their beds;

Police raced to the scene, presents rained on their heads;

The aerial ladder maneuvering; hoselines put into place;

Extrication procedures; power company notified, just in case.

The Fire Chief directed fire suppression to also extinguish Rudolph's flaming nose,

To prevent sleigh, Santa and elves from suffering further burn woes.

Then everyone pitched in to get all victims disentangled;

Elves, Santa, reindeer went down the ladder - no one was mangled.

Fire Police directed the traffic of toys back to the sacks, too;

Police interviewed driver Santa and elf passengers/crew;

EMS treated injuries, minor scratches, burns and bumps;

Firefighters hosed down reindeer, overhauling burned fur clumps.

The sleigh from the cell tower was successfully extricated;

Righted; reloaded; drunk on milk and cookies no crime, Police elated.

The Fire Chief gave the "All Clear", EMS had all refusal forms signed;

Police gave no tickets, malfunctioning reindeer nose warning kept in mind.

St. Nick sprang to his sleigh, and 'ere they flew out of sight,

Called "Happy Christmas Holiday to All, Emergency Personnel are ALL RIGHT!"

Edited by sueg

Thank you to all who have sent items for Christopher. May you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thank you to all who have sent items for Christopher. May you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I've got a couple of patches coming your way. Haven't found small shirts yet.

FFEMT150 likes this

Hi Christopher I have a patch and shirt coming to you...keep fighting and God Bless

FFEMT150 likes this

NICE JOB FELLAS! Having a special needs child myself, I know all to well the ups and downs you face as a family being in the Hospital so far from home over the Holidays. I have spent a good amount of time, a few times months at a time, in Westchester and in New York City with my oldest daughter. Thank god for Ronald Mcdonald House! God speed Chris, heal quickly!

1324827247' post='254499']

I've got a couple of patches coming your way. Haven't found small shirts yet.

They are in the mail today.

Pat thank you for what you are doing. The patches are in the mail and should be they tomorrow. Nice talking with you and hope to meet you so I can thank you in person.

Christopher enjoy and our prayers are with you. B)

Hello and Happy New Year everyone. Just wanted to pop by and let you guys know that Christopher has come home from Boston Childrens Hospital. He is having his ups and downs but all round is doing very well. He wants to thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

I would like to thatnk you all for the overwhelming amount of patches and shirts that you have sent for him! I will post pictures of his collection once it is mounted and hanging on his wall.

Thank you all again.

Pat Wisker

Task Force 7, x635 and JBE like this

Here's a story I posted on another web site a few years ago. I called it "The Story of Little Nick". There's just some things you never forget. For me, this was one of them. So if you'd like to read the story of this young guy who is no longer with us. And I also ask that you go down to the bottom of the page to see his picture. Thank you.

http:www.ctfire-ems.com/showthread.php?t=8811&highlight+Nick+Kuzel&page=2

Edited by nfd2004

Hello and Happy New Year everyone. Just wanted to pop by and let you guys know that Christopher has come home from Boston Childrens Hospital. He is having his ups and downs but all round is doing very well. He wants to thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

I would like to thatnk you all for the overwhelming amount of patches and shirts that you have sent for him! I will post pictures of his collection once it is mounted and hanging on his wall.

Thank you all again.

Pat Wisker

Glad to hear this brave young man is home and that he is doing well....God Bless!!!