Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Funny things said on the radio / in the firehouse

83 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gentlemen, in this particular instance, Connecticut wins.

I hereby surrender all previous posts. This thread should be deleted with the exception of this video.

post-172-0-40636800-1325086157.jpg

Mini-Attack9 likes this

I guess we can let CT win this time... that was hillarious

ROFLMAO

Wonderful..... :D

A few years ago while fighting a barn fire upstate, a source engine was drafting from a farm pond, feeding scene engines. A call from the IC to supply: how much water do you have?

Response: a whole pond full!!

Back in the 60's, we had a large commercial building totally engulfed. While being interviewed by a local tv station, and on the air, the chief was questioned about the magnitude of the fire and all the M/A needed. The interviewer quipped: this was a conflagration... chief responded, I believe they were on stand by at station 1 !!!!

a few years ago:

Unit: "2**1 to 60 control"

60 Control: "control is on chief"

Unit: "Give me a rush on the bus"

60 Control: "10-4 chief Bee-Line notified ETA 10min. Is that ok with you?"

Unit: "Looking for my ambulance responding to the call."

60 Control: "your ambulance just called on scene do you see them?"

Unit: "I do now, Thank you control."

Dutchess 911 to ________ respond for a person with a self inflicted gunshot wound, to the rear, at xxx"

- to the rear??? and by rear he meant his asssss bahaha

Heard during an EMS call in the middle of the night:

Unit: Rescue XX to 60 Control, responding to XXX.

Dispatcher: 60 Control to last unit responding, identify yourself.

Unit: Uh, this is Mike XXX, I’m with the XX Fire Department and I’m in Rescue XX responding for the EMS call.

Dispatcher: Ok, that’s Rescue XX responding.

FF398, MoFire390, Jybehofd and 4 others like this

One night hanging out at the firehouse i hear over the scanner

"car ### respond to ## someplace rd for a women saying she heard a loud noise in the basement and left the house and will wait for you outside."

"car ### recieved"

Another unit gets on "ITS A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

FD was called for a guy at the beach who was knee deep in the water and started to faint. Two bystanders were keeping him upright.

The FF making the report called it a "Sinkable Episode."

BFD1054 and PFDRes47cue like this

###1: ###1 to 60-control

60 Control: 60 control is on

###1: Fire K/D, Overhauling at this time

60 Control: 60 recieved, Fire Knocked Down, Overhauling at this time

UNKNOWN: UH CHIEF, WE'VE GOT HEAVY FIRE VENTING OUT OF THE BC SIDE OF THE HOUSE

###1: ###1 TO 60 CONTROL, DISREGARD MY LAST UPDATE, IVE GOT HEAVY FIRE VENTING OUT OF THE BC SIDE OF THE HOUSE

FF398, PFDRes47cue, BFD1054 and 1 other like this

I'd have to let some of my friends on 60 to chime in with some of mine. Remember 585 and I have had some good ones over the years together.

No idea what you're referring to... best one ever was the foot injury in the HVHC parking lot at like 3am...

You: "39M1 to 60 Control."

Me: "60 Control is on."

You: "John, are you serious?"

Me: "Yup, she is standing in the ER entrance awaiting your arrival."

No idea what you're referring to... best one ever was the foot injury in the HVHC parking lot at like 3am...

Lmao...I remember hearing that!!!!!

John u have to have more then that...I mean I hear you all the time busting someone you know's chops.

###1: ###1 to 60-control

60 Control: 60 control is on

###1: Fire K/D, Overhauling at this time

60 Control: 60 recieved, Fire Knocked Down, Overhauling at this time

UNKNOWN: UH CHIEF, WE'VE GOT HEAVY FIRE VENTING OUT OF THE BC SIDE OF THE HOUSE

###1: ###1 TO 60 CONTROL, DISREGARD MY LAST UPDATE, IVE GOT HEAVY FIRE VENTING OUT OF THE BC SIDE OF THE HOUSE

Too soon?

FF398 likes this

During an interview with news 12 a Chief stated "we had to let it burn through the roof so we could find it"

BFD1054 and MJP399 like this

When the 10 codes were still flying around...I heard a Chief make a transmission of "10-30." 60 Replied "10-4..situation under control." Chief got back on the radio and said "XXX1 to 60 Control..I never said that." with a nasty tone. 60 replies "10-4 Chief you did transmit 10-30..correct"...Chief: "That's affirmative" again with a nasty tone. 60 just simply replied with a "OOOK". And we wonder why there doesn't need to be 10 codes.

fireboyny likes this

I can remember a Chief being interviewed back in the late 90's after a multiple alarm fire.

Chief's words - "several firefighters were treated for heat FRUSTRATION" :P

That was the butt of many jokes for years to come.

Edited by BFD1054

Tommy and John, you guys have both had your share of classic radio transmissions over the years for sure! Whether it was between you two or not, there have been some great ones.

I liked when we started using **B* or **A* instead of **0* for EMS numbering.

A certain VAC that i was affiliated with was always good for a "**Bubalikus-1" to 60 Control. There were some great variations back then. Was always good when the good men and women of 60 would come back with a better one than us lol.

John, we always had some good times at Somers as well bro.

Totally forgot about this one!!! I never forget the night listening to the scanner and this came over, nearly fell out of my chair!!!

SageVigiles likes this

Good old Hartford. This one definitely takes the cake.

Tommy and John, you guys have both had your share of classic radio transmissions over the years for sure! Whether it was between you two or not, there have been some great ones.

I liked when we started using **B* or **A* instead of **0* for EMS numbering.

A certain VAC that i was affiliated with was always good for a "**Bubalikus-1" to 60 Control. There were some great variations back then. Was always good when the good men and women of 60 would come back with a better one than us lol.

John, we always had some good times at Somers as well bro.

Brontosaurus 1 was always fun.

When we were clearing Phelps once with 55B2 when "The Sopranos" was still on, I said "Fifty-Five Bada-Bing Two is in service." Got back to quarters and our Chief was waiting for me. Expecting him to be real pissed, he said, "Hey *******, it's 55B2 not 55BB2."

Well played Chief, well played.

Buffalo fire to Ladder 6...respond to [address] to assist the ambulance in carrying a fat lady down the stairs.

Hamburg [Erie Co.] Fire Control to responding units, a woman reports smoke coming from her organ. :o

While I was working in plainclothes, "need a unit to check 135/St. Nicholas for suspicious male white 5 foot 8 inches with a bright yellow shirt, tan shorts, standing near the tunnel entrance."

My reply, "MTP 86 to central, thats me. I'll call you on the landline." A supervisor had to come out anyway to verify that it was me. I was playing the station for fare evasion, and that was the best spot to hide and still see the turnstiles. Even in plainclothes, I really didn't blend in

Edited by grumpyff
x129K and BFD1054 like this

Okay, we need a thread to lighten up things and give us a good chuckle. Post anything funny you have heard over the air due to an open mic or somehow related to a call while in the firehouse.

Here is a few:

"Engine 11 to FireComm, responding.......Dude that's my house!!!! :::clicking sound of un-keying the mike:::

"Engine 12 responding............GET YOUR BIG FAT ### IN THE TRUCK, WE'RE LATE!!!!

"........and then she.........wait..... OH ####!!! Now all of New Haven knows of my sex life!!!" (The beginning was quite entertaining but not suitable for this web site).

AND

"Doesn't this firehouse have a pole?!?!?!?!?!" - An out of towner visiting PCFD HQ while running down three flights of stairs. ;)

I remember that!

DISPATCH: 60 Control to _______VAC, **M1, _____ Main St, 2nd floor unkown medical.

Unit: **B2 enroute, **M1 enroute

60 Control: K both units responding @ time....Units be advised pt has blue hands and blue feet...

UNKOWN UNIT: I sure hope he was finger painting

**M1: (laughing) 10-4 on the blue hands and blue feet.

**11: 60 control show me enroute to the Blue hands and blue feet call

60 control: 10-4 Capt. got u enroute (voice in the background.) He wants to finger paint too!!!

**11: Yes I do. Is that ok with you???

60 Control: thats a negative Capt. as long as you make me something pretty.

**11: 10-4 Making you something pretty.

ems-buff and BFD1054 like this

A FD Chief on scene of a vehicle into a utility pole notified 60 Control that the pole number was 13KV. :wacko:

A FD Chief on scene of a vehicle into a utility pole notified 60 Control that the pole number was 13KV. :wacko:

Ive had a few units respond with that. Mostly new guys, always good for a laugh