Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

2012 Dodge Charger

18 posts in this topic

A lot of Cops I know HATED the sightlines and cabin of the Dodge Charger. I wonder if anything in the redesigned 2012 model addresses that.

I don't know if the police package has been released yet, maybe someone could fill us in.

post-11-0-05395200-1328208994.jpg

post-11-0-48851800-1328209089.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Police departments do in fact have these.. Including Westchester County PD and Harrison.

Heres a video of Harrison PD's dodge charger..

video by Firedude

Another:

Edited by BigBuff
firedude and sfrd18 like this

My department replaces our 12 front line patrol vehicles every two years and they have always been Crowns. They just ordered a mix of 2012 Chargers and Tahoes as replacements this year. From what I heard they were interested in the 2012 Caprices but they may have not been available on the state contract yet. (Not sure about that) I don't think our bosses are sold on the Chargers yet but I guess time will tell. I still like the Crown for looks, comfort and operability.

seth the one person to ask is FFEMT150. He works for a Dodge Dealer and has the low down on all of these cars. hopefully he will post today.

Florida Highway Patrol is running the '12 Chargers as well as the previous generation. I just saw one today. Not sure about the interior but I think they look so much better with the restyled rear end. The new tailight scheme reminds me of the legendary Chryslers/Dodges/Plymouths I grew up. Even the base/civilian version looks very sharp, although with a V-6 and smaller alloy wheels.

The city/town P.D. where I live began transitioning to Impalas around 6 years ago. There are also a couple Tahoes and smaller Trailblazers for the K-9s and shift supervisor. However they are still hanging on to the last Crown Vics (both marked and unmarked) which must be '04s-'05s. Despite the age, the still look immaculate. They also instituted a take home program which seems to expand the lifespan (not being driven around the clock, etc.)

Phil

I'd have to say, I'm not a huge fan of it either. But, it does look nice in black and white...

6582852659_1ba3b11bf3_z.jpg

How many chargers does Harrison have?

How many chargers does Harrison have?

They ordered 7, not sure if all have arrived.

I'd have to say, I'm not a huge fan of it either. But, it does look nice in black and white...

6582852659_1ba3b11bf3_z.jpg

I didn't like the first gen cars, but the new ones are bad**s!

Harrison PD has 8 new chargers and a new Tahoe all with the same black and white design.

Here's a link to a picture of Arlington, Texas new 2012 Charger Police Cruiser.

Arlington Police

A lot of Cops I know HATED the sightlines and cabin of the Dodge Charger. I wonder if anything in the redesigned 2012 model addresses that.

I don't know if the police package has been released yet, maybe someone could fill us in.

post-11-0-05395200-1328208994.jpg

post-11-0-48851800-1328209089.jpg

Seth. The issues with the sightlines have been addressed. They have been greatly improved. Most of the LEO's that come in to my dealership love the new chargers.

Austin Police Department

Austin, TX

2012 Dodge Charger

Highway Enforcement

(Stealth)

post-11-0-34008800-1332289224.jpg

I want this..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I want this..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Only about 30 grand, think you could afford it? :P

It is a very nice car.

Only about 30 grand, think you could afford it? :P

It is a very nice car.

Not if he can get it on state contract. Or lightly used on eBay....

You can find alot of new model police edition chargers on ebay, usually from dealers.