Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBJ1202

Search for My 1957 Seagrave

14 posts in this topic

I am currently searching for the location of our 1957 Seagrave, designated Quad 8. The department sold it the late 90's, and all people can tell me is it was sold to a fire apparatus museum in south New Jersey. I thought I might turn to my Protection from the Past crew for any ideas on how to track her down.

Thank You

JBJ

post-1655-0-59884000-1328826491.jpg

sfrd18, RJB896, 210 and 1 other like this

Contact the Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade. Www.gafb.net. They are the Southern NJ SPAAMFAA chapter

This is the rig that got me started. Rode this at 3 years old with Lou sr at the wheel me in the middle and my dad next to me, brand new. Just Like it was yesterday!

x129K and sfrd18 like this

This is the rig that got me started. Rode this at 3 years old with Lou sr at the wheel me in the middle and my dad next to me, brand new. Just Like it was yesterday!

Ang, we are looking to bring her back for our 75th anniversary next year!

From what I hear Quad 8 the 1957 Seagrave has made it home, back to Purchase, maybe JBJ1202 can fill us in on how he was able to pull this off ! GREAT JOB Chief ! P.S. it should have never left !

JBJ1202 likes this

As it turned out, Quad 8 found us before we could find her. A few of our members made the trip to South Harrison Township, New Jersey after the heir to the estate of a private collector offered to return each piece to their original owners before going to auction. We were happy to bring her home and we're looking forward to sharing her with the public soon. Look for more information on Quad 8's return at www.purchasefd.com soon.

post-2192-0-06716700-1330393477.jpg

Nice from that pic she looks to be in pretty damned good condition. Bet of luck to you guys.

Great picture and congratulations. That's my brother Lou second from left standing in front of the truck that our father was on the truck committee when it was being spec'd back in 1956 (it was delivered in 1957 as a 1957). It's also the first firetruck I ever drove before it was converted to diesel/automatic. Lot's of memories and glad to see she is back home where she belongs.

Great to see a pierce of history back in your hands!!!! Take good care of her!

Great to see a pierce of history back in your hands!!!! Take good care of her!

No its a Seagrave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great ending, glad you guys got her back. Its was a shame to see her go but what a joy to see her back. Cant wait to see her this summer. congrats purchase

PCFD ENG58 likes this

My childhood hometown of Miami Springs, FL had a beautiful old Seagrave like this while I was growing up. Because it was very lightly used (served as second due/reserve through the 70s and early 80s) it was in immaculate condition.

As it sat behind the primary pumper in the bay, it was protected from the sun and fading.

When the small, municipal F.D. was merged into Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue, the Seagrave was taken out of service and used for training for awhile. I think eventually it was just scrapped. What a shame it could not have been returned to the town and restored. It would have been beautiful for parades, funerals, or displayed at special events.

Phil

No its a Seagrave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really should learn to turn off the auto-correct when I'm replying from my iPhone!!!

PCFD ENG58 likes this