Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FireRescueMan343

Station Location Chart

8 posts in this topic

I Use To Have That I Bought In The Glanco GTL Catalog That Is No Longer Around. A Unit/Station Location Chart Of The F.D.N.Y. Can Anyone Tell Me Where I Can Pick Up Another One

Awesome! The map may be a few years old, however, as it shows Manhattan Engine 36 still in service and Engine 15 at it's Henry St. quarters prior to it's move into Ladder 18 and Battalion 4's quarters. I've never seen a map of the Boxes. Quick question, does anyone know if the first numbers of the boxes match up with the Battalions that the boxes are in? I could be wrong, but they seem to be on the map.

Edited by sfrd18

Awesome! The map may be a few years old, however, as it shows Manhattan Engine 36 still in service and Engine 15 at it's Henry St. quarters prior to it's move into Ladder 18 and Battalion 4's quarters. I've never seen a map of the Boxes. Quick question, does anyone know if the first numbers of the boxes match up with the Battalions that the boxes are in? I could be wrong, but they seem to be on the map.

Yea the Map and Chart is not up to date. Map and chart still has L114 by itself and not with E201 and B40

FDNewYork,com has a great site containing Runs per apparatus, top 10, box look-up, firehouse locations,etc, etc, etc...!

sfrd18 likes this

Quick question, does anyone know if the first numbers of the boxes match up with the Battalions that the boxes are in? I could be wrong, but they seem to be on the map.

It is only a coincidence that some box numbers align with the first due battalion.

The boxes were installed when NYC was comprised of only Manhattan and Bronx. They started at the Battery and continued north to the City line, leaving only a few box numbers in reserve for future expansion. (The last street box in Manhattan is 1888 and the first in Da Bronx is 2103. Since then the 1900 series were installed on Welfare/Roosevelt and Ward's/Randall's Island. The 2000 series boxes are in Battery Park City.)

This is why there are no duplicate box numbers between the 2 boroughs and why they had the same borough prefix in the days of telegraph.