Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New EMTBravo.net Software

135 posts in this topic

Speed is WAY up today - nice!

Also able to edit - very cool. Thanks

Edited by x129K

Anyone able to post in the shout box, im not.

. No after my hotline message I tried to post a shout about a working fire and just clicked the shout button and does nothing. Hope it's fixed soon I like that feature.. Anyways yes the speed is great today and the edit option is *always* there now instead of sometimes not, etc. Looking better and better Seth.

I just tried to post about a structure fire in Waterbury, CT and it won't work either.

Same here - a 2 alarmer in Fairview (Dutchess) in a commercial park

I just tried to post an I/A and I get an error as soon as I post and I see the topic posted but there's no content in it despite me having content in it.

Can you delete the 2 i/a's posted in the Regional thread about the Waterbury, CT fire? I posted it in the wrong forum anyways (I missed the New England one and am re-posting in that one as is the proper forum).

I can't report either of those 2 i/a's in the regional thread for deletion.

Edited by peterose313

I just tried to post about a structure fire in Waterbury, CT and it won't work either.

No worries, :P I saw your post on your FB Photography page :P

I went to fix one thing, and broke ten other things.

I am aware of the issues being experienced, and am trying to get them fixed but do not have a timeframe.

peterose313, x4093k and sueg like this

To add to the above, I feel really,really bad about this setback. Just when things were starting to run smoothly and many of the major bugs being worked out, and people were starting to get comfortable with the new forums. So, I begun to tweak and add back some features, and it broke several other things in the process. Once I get ahold of exactly where the problem lies and what it is, things should return to normal pretty quickly.

Please don't let this dampen your view of the new forums. Issue like this with computer software, especially when newly transitioned, happen, and this occurence will be fixed as soon as it can.

I appreciate everyone's patience during this upgrade process.

What type of phone do you have?

Right now, there's no specific app, but it's in development.

However, if you visit the site from your mobile browser, it should come up in a mobile version.

I have a droid x. I'm gonna check a few things to see if it fixes. Although I'm happy to hear an app is in development. My issue is just with the phone internet browser not defaulting to the mobile version of the site. Yet it does fine with all others.

Clicking on a link in a post used to open the new content in a separate browser window(tab).

It's a pain you-know-where, because now you have to navigate back to the site rather than just closing the new window(tab) when you're done there.

And as already mentioned, opening any topic takes you to the first post in the thread, rather than the page where the reader's last-read post was.

The smiley's won't open in the "more options" text editor toolbar...FF-11.0

Keep up the good work, Boss!

x4093k likes this

Also if I try to post basic html for a link with the text for the link followed by it (regardless of whether I'm just typing it in the space or using the code tab), the html still isn't recognized when I preview the post. I liked the ability to type in the link name followed by the actual link on the previous version of the site.

An example would be <a href="http://www.insertlinknamehere.com">Insert Link Text Here</a>

When I go to the preview post it still looks like that.

All of the bugs experienced yesterday have been resolved. Shout box should be working again.

firedude and conman like this

OK, when you click on a link to a post, from the "Recent Topics" module, it should take you to the first UNREAD post. instead of the first post.

Is there a mysterious font-size bug? random posts have real tiny text, just like yours^

Keep pluggin' away!

sueg likes this

OK, when you click on a link to a post, from the "Recent Topics" module, it should take you to the first UNREAD post. instead of the first post.

Its still not working for me.

Working for me fine, thanks Seth.

Can you add this feature for the "VIEW NEW CONTENT" section as well?

WIth the exception of resolving some bugs and tweaking a few things, the upgrade is mostly complete.

Please continue to post any bugs you may find on this thread.

conman likes this

anyway to remove the "*" when posting from the mobile version? See bellow...

(*)

anyway to remove the "null" when posting from the mobile version? See bellow...

(null)

It's a problem that will be fixed when a new mobile app comes out later this year. Right now, I believe it has something to do with your mobile signature being empty.

Not to bug you with more repuatation box posts again, but it used to say "excellent" or "building a reputation" i liked that feature on our profiles. I was just thinking new to the site members may view our profiles, and see a green box with a number in it, it always used to have writing in it, so I am not sure if its a mistake or something left out.

Thanks for all of your work to the site, it looks great.

BigBuff likes this

Not to bug you with more repuatation box posts again, but it used to say "excellent" or "building a reputation" i liked that feature on our profiles.

Yes. I did away with that feature until I had time to discuss it with members and the staff as to what number would equal in words.

We created a new forum, entitled "The Sandbox, so that members can play around and experiment with all the new posting features in a live enviroment. All posts will be automatically deleted in a 1/2 hour.

You can access "The Sandbox" via the forum index, right below this section, or at the following link:

http://www.emtbravo....71-the-sandbox/

We created a new forum, entitled "The Sandbox, so that members can play around and experiment with all the new posting features in a live enviroment. All posts will be automatically deleted in a 1/2 hour.

You can access "The Sandbox" via the forum index, right below this section, or at the following link:

http://www.emtbravo....71-the-sandbox/

I would if it wasn't locked... :)

I would if it wasn't locked...

The forum is not locked. The introduction topic is locked. You need to start a new topic.

firedude likes this

Is there a way to see WHO repped/liked our posts like the old version did?

firedude likes this

Indeed :P Go to your profile, and go to the bottom left, you will see multiple tabs there, there will be one that says "Likes" click that one, and then you will be brought to the ones you have given out. If you don't want that, go to the top right (Of that box) and it will say, "Given & Recieved" press recieved, and that will take you to all of your posts, and it will show the person who liked it on the bottom right of the post.

Hope that helped..

Edited by x4093k
2231*, x129K, firedude and 1 other like this

Anyone else having trouble editing posts? I went to add something to a post, and it would not let me save changes