Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LT1296

Whelen Cencom gold programming problem - Need HELP

7 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all, I have a Whelen Cencom gold controller unit in my vehicle. I have the progam disc and the usb-b to usb-a cable hooked up. When I go to extract the current settings inside the control unit to the computer so I can change the settings the computer says "Unable to communicate with device" I have tried a different cable, different laptop, doing it while the unit was on, when its off, and rebooting the software while connected. I have totally run out of options, Can anyone shed some light and hopefully help me program this damm thing? Any help would be appreciated.

x4093k likes this

I had a radio that would only connect to my laptop if it was plugged into one specific USB port (of 4). Try all of your USB ports. Something about different COM numbers assigned to each port.

Make sure the com port setting in the program is looking for the correct location.

When you're connected to the controller look in My Computer / properties / hardware / device manager / Ports / (COM&LPT) for any connection errors. As mentioned make sure the software is looking for the same communication port as the device.

I tried what u suggested but there are no errors. It looks like when the usb conection is made it is displaying as a human interface device. Would the fact that this laptop uses Windows Vista be an issue. Should I be using an older version of windows. It seems like there is something missing, just can figure out what it is.

What version number of the CenCom Gold software are you using?