Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterose313

LODD: Redding, CT - Fire Lt. G. Marshall Sanford

18 posts in this topic

Redding Fire Lt. G. Marshall Sanford, a former fire chief and 50-year veteran firefighter, died while responding to a brush fire Sunday night, fire officials said.

Sanford collapsed and died of an as-yet-undetermined "medical issue" as he was hauling equipment up to the scene of the fire, according to Lt. Wade Roese, a spokesman for the Redding Volunteer Fire & EMS Company No. 1.

Read more: http://www.newstimes...uty-3483947.php

Marshall was a true fireman and a gentleman. The fire service lost a true one last night. Marshall was not only a member of the Redding FD, but also a member of the Bethel Fire Dept, being our immediate Past President and current Vice President. He was also a long time Danbury Hospital ER volunteer. I have had the GREAT pleasure of knowing Marshal and working with him for over 30 years.

Some may not know this, but he was an avid collector of antique fire trucks. All Macks from The US and Canada from chain driven to diesel, truly a one of a kind. He had the best toys in his barn.

Rest in peace my friend, I know heaven has to have a few Macks up there for you to take care of.

You will be missed my old friend.

Edited by CHIEFPHIL
sueg, x4093k and firemoose827 like this

Rest in Peace Lieutenant Sanford. Thank you for your service.

My thoughts and prayers are with LT Sanford's family and friends as well as his Brothers and Sisters with the Redding and Bethel FDs.

Godspeed Sir.

Rest in Peace LT Sanford

Rip Lt sanford...

Edited by FFD260

Reddingfire1.org

Tribute Announced for Fire Co. First Lt. Marshall Sanford

Firefighters in Bethel and Redding lost a long time member in the line of duty.

First Lt. George Marshall Sanford, 67, passed away on Sunday. In Redding, Sanford was a former chief of the Redding Ridge Fire Department in Bethel he was a Past President and current Vice President .

Marshal had been a member of the Redding Ridge Fire Department for over 50 years and 12 years with the Bethel Volunteer Fire Dept."

A Wake will be held at Bethel Funreral Home, 215 Greenwood Ave, Thursday, April 19, from 5 to 8 pm.

The funeral will be held on Friday morning 11 a.m. in the small cemetary next to the Redding Ridge Fire House 186 Black Rock Turnpike. The procession will begin to line up at 10:30a.m. Those attending are asked to line up at the Ridge firehouse Route 58 ( Black Rock Turnpike) , parking will be available at Joel Barlow High School also on Route 58. There will be a reception following, at the fire house on Black Rock Turnpike.

Only Redding Ridge, West Redding, Georgetown and Bethel apparatus will be allowed in the procession.

R.I.P Marshall!

As a friend of Lt. Sanford for over 40 years, I considered him an international ambassador for the fire service, fire buffs, and antique fire apparatus collectors.

My condolences to Lt. Sanford's brother Hank and family and to all the members of the many organizations which he belonged to.

Condolences to Lieutenant Sanford's family and both departments he was associated with. R.I.P.

For those who are travelling to Bethel:

The address of the funeral home is: 215 Greenwood Avenue (the main thoroughfare in town).

The website is: http://hullfuneralservice.com/fh/hom...m?&fh_id=12534

From Waterbury – I84 westbound to Exit 10. Take right at end of ramp. Proceed straight until you arrive at the Flagpole in Newtown. Turn left around flagpole on Route 25 South. At the first traffic light, turn right onto Route 302towards Bethel. Travel approximately 6 miles into downtown Bethel. The funeral home will be on your right next to the shopping center numbered 213 Greenwood Ave.

From NY: I84 WEastbound to Exit 5. Take right at bottom of exit onto Main Street in Danbury. Proceed down Main Street approximately 4 miles to South St. (The War Memorial Building will be straight ahead). Turn left onto South Street. Continue ½ mile to second light and bear right onto Coal Pit Hill. Follow Coal Pit Hill for 2 miles into Bethel, the next traffic light. Turn right at Mobil gas station. Next light turn left onto Greenwood Ave. Proceed ¾ mile to funeral home on left.

For those who are travelling to Bethel:

The address of the funeral home is: 215 Greenwood Avenue (the main thoroughfare in town).

The website is: http://hullfuneralse....m?&fh_id=12534

From Waterbury – I84 westbound to Exit 10. Take right at end of ramp. Proceed straight until you arrive at the Flagpole in Newtown. Turn left around flagpole on Route 25 South. At the first traffic light, turn right onto Route 302towards Bethel. Travel approximately 6 miles into downtown Bethel. The funeral home will be on your right next to the shopping center numbered 213 Greenwood Ave.

From NY: I84 WEastbound to Exit 5. Take right at bottom of exit onto Main Street in Danbury. Proceed down Main Street approximately 4 miles to South St. (The War Memorial Building will be straight ahead). Turn left onto South Street. Continue ½ mile to second light and bear right onto Coal Pit Hill. Follow Coal Pit Hill for 2 miles into Bethel, the next traffic light. Turn right at Mobil gas station. Next light turn left onto Greenwood Ave. Proceed ¾ mile to funeral home on left.

Thank you.

Edited by x4093k

Rest In Peace Lieutenant. All my thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.