Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OoO

New York NREMT Transition Course

6 posts in this topic

The NREMT is requiring current providers to take a "state approved" transition course to transition to the new EMT curriculum.

I know New York doesn't recognize the National Registry but does anyone know if there are any plans to offer a "state approved" transition course? If not what other options are EMTs left with?

More info on the transition can be found on the NREMT website

No, already certified.

The NREMT is requiring current providers to take a "state approved" transition course to transition to the new EMT curriculum.

I know New York doesn't recognize the National Registry but does anyone know if there are any plans to offer a "state approved" transition course? If not what other options are EMTs left with?

More info on the transition can be found on the NREMT website

That's a good question. When that directive first came out, I contacted the State, and several of the REMAC's, not just Westchester and Hudson Valley. I wanted to transition my NREMT-P to the new NRP and didn't want to late to the last minute.

At that time, the State had no plan, neither did any of the REMAC's. If I remember correct the Albany area REMAC and the Buffalo area REMAC were formulating a plan, however, nothing has come out yet.

If anyone does find out who will be hosting these transition courses, feel free to post it here for everyone.

My personal opinion is there was no need for this, and having the NR issue this without all the States being on board is a half-baked plan at best.

The bright side is, you have (4) years to complete the course and I assume before that time is up, one of the REMAC's will have a formal plan together.

So this only applies if you want national registry. ??

Yes, if you are looking to become nationally registered or are already nationally registered.