Remember585

Croton FD (T10) In-Production Photos

46 posts in this topic

Here's a few photos of our new Tanker 10 being built at Seagrave in Wisconsin. Our final inspection trip is slated for 6/4.

Photos courtesy of Seagrave & Excelsior.

post-34-0-51583200-1337304784.jpg

post-34-0-95996000-1337304785.jpg

post-34-0-38063200-1337304787.jpg

post-34-0-82773700-1337304788.jpg

post-34-0-32055300-1337304790.jpg

FF398, 2231*, FDNY 10-75 and 2 others like this

figure us being there until the 6th, then 2 weeks for any corrections... 2 weeks in Excelsiors.... so maybe mid july...

Looks good chief. Cant wait to see it

John,

Does this mean you will be traveling south of I-287 when goes to Excelsior? You can borrow my GPS so you don't get lost...

John,

Does this mean you will be traveling south of I-287 when goes to Excelsior? You can borrow my GPS so you don't get lost...

Do I need a passport?

Tommy_Scanners likes this

When's the wetdown lol

Yes, siren recessed in bumper.

Rig will fit fine in the firehouse if that's what you meant by the doors.

The siren is recessed in the bumper to keep the bumper extension as short as possible keeping the OAL as short as possible.

Do I need a passport?

We can take off the invisible fence collar before you go. They do the same for me when i leave the Naugy Valley! :D

fireboyny likes this

Best of luck to you folks with it, hope it serves you well.

Yes... there are controls inside the cab for the driver and on rear wall.

Some of the rig's specs:

2012 Seagrave Marauder II 6-Man cab

Seats 4 firefighters

3000 gallon water tank

1500 GPM Waterous pump

Cummins 500HP motor

Allison 6-speed transmission

Two 10" side chutes

12" rear dump chute

Two Zico pond (not rack...) lifts

Whelen warning lights, scene lights and tank level lights

Federal Q and PA300 sirens

The rig committee set out to replace our current T10 with an apparatus that could dump and fill in the same amount of time, if not faster - with an additional intention of making it "user friendly" for our current E119 drivers, attempting to duplicate as much as we reasonably could with regards to how it drives and pumps. We also designed it to be an efficient nursing Tanker, by installing LDH discharge and using a 4" tank to pump line.

We look forward to taking delivery of it and putting it into service, where we expect it to provide us and our neighbors with many years of excellent, dependable service.

grumpyff and peterose313 like this

good luck with it looks great- last time Billy seen that much water from a tanker it was coming in the side window-lol

irishfire2491 likes this

Nice looking tanker, good luck with it when it arrives! Looking forward to when we place our order for a new Seagrave Pumper to replace one of our current pumpers, fianlizing specs now.

Is Croton keeping the old T10

do they already have an additional tankers or do they call m/a......

actually Croton is keeping the old tanker, but the FD will not be using her... The cab and frame will be cleared of the FD body and the DPW will be installing a swap lift system to it so that it can be used as a dump truck, dumpster truck or what ever they need.

Originally the DPW wa putting in for a new truck, so when the issue of the Village getting a new tanker came up, the DPW pulled the new truck for our old cab and chassis. Personally I think it was a great idea, as what we would get $ 5,000 like we got for the old E119...

x4093k likes this

hey 4093, that was a great MA call... we got to bunk with some good guys, had our choice of maybe 75 couches and got to run out on a call in over night hours...

One tanker is enough.... although I LOVED that old girl, the new one will be used well...

x4093k likes this

hey 4093, that was a great MA call... we got to bunk with some good guys, had our choice of maybe 75 couches and got to run out on a call in over night hours...

One tanker is enough.... although I LOVED that old girl, the new one will be used well...

Seems like it's had a decent history. Another nice photo of it: http://www.engine119.com/DSC_0063.jpg

Very nice looking truck, Question to ask since I haven't used tankers the Grey metal boxes on the side they come down on the ground like a portable pool and it gets filled up by the discharges on the side of the truck?

Then you would draft out of that "pool" correct?

Chris