Remember585

Croton FD (T10) In-Production Photos

46 posts in this topic

The diamond plate boxes on the sides are for the drafting ponds, they are the carriers or holders. Once we lower them, the ponds can be removed and then put back up into the storage position. We carry 2 - 3500 ponds on our tanker.

What is happening to old Tanker 10? Trade in or selling it?

actually Croton is keeping the old tanker, but the FD will not be using her... The cab and frame will be cleared of the FD body and the DPW will be installing a swap lift system to it so that it can be used as a dump truck, dumpster truck or what ever they need.

Originally the DPW wa putting in for a new truck, so when the issue of the Village getting a new tanker came up, the DPW pulled the new truck for our old cab and chassis. Personally I think it was a great idea, as what we would get $ 5,000 like we got for the old E119...

What is happening to old Tanker 10? Trade in or selling it?

do they already have an additional tankers or do they call m/a......

We just run the one Tanker. Between our 3 Engines, Quint & Tanker we bring just over 6,000 gallons of water to a fire. Any reported structure fire gets two Mutual Aid Tankers automatically bringing an additional 6,000 gallons. If it's a confirmed fire (or if the IC wants them sooner) we get two more Tankers for a total of 18,000 gallons of water on a First Alarm.

John, how big is your non-hydranted area in Croton? Just curious.

John, how big is your non-hydranted area in Croton? Just curious.

Geographically speaking, it's roughly a 50/50 split of hydrant vs. non-hydrant areas. The majority of the Village has hydrants with some exceptions, and the majority of the Fire Protection District we cover in the Town of Cortlandt does not.

Do You Have A Wet Down Date Yet John & Is There Going To Be Shirts & Mug For Sale ? & How Much ?

nice tanker hope u fun and any finised pics i mean with the lettering and stuff.

nice tanker hope u fun and any finised pics i mean with the lettering and stuff.

This thread below has photos of it finished. Just press the link and scroll down a bit you'll see the chief's post.

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/41691-upcoming-delivery-croton-tanker-10/page__pid__269225#entry269225

any finished picpr

I have a video of it during the County Convention parade in Mohegan Lake.

Had to post this for my friends in Westchester and Mack CF fans everywhere. Ahhh how times change. I took this pic probably about 12 years ago. Same spot on the ramp for the Mack..

Posted Image

x635, x4093k and firedude like this

Throw back!

Judging from the creeper and can of paint on the ramp, I wouldn't be surprised if I was here at the time, painting the undercarriage like we did so many times.

This was when Rescue 18 was in our house while the new Harmon Firehouse was being built.

Thanks for sharing - I really miss that Mack!

I miss that rig, I could make her dance! Hell I really miss the 62 Mack wish I had bought it.

Croton FD supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month.... :D

(had a little free time and started to edit this photo from MLFD Parade..)

post-22082-0-24036900-1351831923.jpg

Edited by x4093k