Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Elmsford FD - Working Fire - 22 Woodside Ave 6/15/2012

40 posts in this topic

Was just down there checking out Ladder 55.. You've had a busy photo taking day, huh? :P

PFDRes47cue likes this

Nice pics! I like the supply line over the Crown Vic. Who was covering Elmsford by the way?

Nice pics! I like the supply line over the Crown Vic. Who was covering Elmsford by the way?

The owner of the car aint' gonna be happy! :P good thing it's not a cadilac or a ferrari or something :P

The Crown Vic has a whelen dual talon in it so maybe a better parking spot should have been found. also the exhaust from Fairviews engine was so hot that it melted a hole in the pavement and covered the entire side of the crown vic...check out the drivers tire.

7376653310_8b81c333c7_z.jpg

7376653082_1bddfb2395_z.jpg

7376652902_1aa7c935cd_z.jpg

7376652774_162586cc1e_z.jpg

7376635654_292dd097be_z.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them. All the photos I took from today's fire can be viewed on my flickr page (Link below). I'll post a short video latter.

Edited by firedude
NOZ45ZLE, grumpyff, RJB896 and 4 others like this

From what I heard over scanner traffic Tarrytown and Pontico Hills. Still going back to look.

FireDude, I love the silhouette of Elmsford Ladder, great photo!!

All the photos are great to see, oh and would somebody tell the chiefs from Irvington that is PD's job to mark the hydrant with a marked car, LOL. (Inside joke as a city cop)

ny10570 and firedude like this

Was surprised to hear Ossining get toned out for that. That came in like 10 minutes after Engine 99 and Tower Ladder 42 went back into service after getting a call in town about an hour earlier.

Great images and video both of you. That iphone takes some fantastic quality images for a cell phone. It's amazing what you can get these days with a cell phone.

was there really a need to over the Crown Vic ? or were we try to say something ?

Edited by Tanker 10eng
x4093k likes this

was there really a need to over the Crown Vic ? or were we try to say something ?

Exactly. Thats what I was trying to say. They could of easily put it around the back or underneath(not as much) if that was an expensive new BMW or a high class car, that'd be a problem to the owner. Madison said there were PD/FD lights in it, so maybe it was a buff or a FF or police officer who didn't mind. Who knows..

I work in Elmsford and saw the smoke column when I was leaving work a "tad" early :) Friday afternoon. I was a little confused at first on the location. That address is actually outside the Elmsford village limits but within the Elmsford FD protection district.

The Elmsford FD website says unfortunately the fire did extend into one of the exposures. They were confronted with a huge amount of fire upon arrival, the house was fully involved. Must've been cooking inside for quite a while before it became visible to neighbors. Judging by what I saw they actually knocked it down fairly quickly. So a great job by the guys.

Sounds like the occupants were away, probably at work? What a devastating blow that is to come home from work and find your home has been destroyed by fire. I had it happen to me. Trust me, it is.....there's not enough words in the English language to describe the feeling.

I work in Elmsford and saw the smoke column when I was leaving work a "tad" early :) Friday afternoon. I was a little confused at first on the location. That address is actually outside the Elmsford village limits but within the Elmsford FD protection district.

The Elmsford FD website says unfortunately the fire did extend into one of the exposures. They were confronted with a huge amount of fire upon arrival, the house was fully involved. Must've been cooking inside for quite a while before it became visible to neighbors. Judging by what I saw they actually knocked it down fairly quickly. So a great job by the guys.

Sounds like the occupants were away, probably at work? What a devastating blow that is to come home from work and find your home has been destroyed by fire. I had it happen to me. Trust me, it is.....there's not enough words in the English language to describe the feeling.

The owners of both homes were actually home at the time and outside talking to each other when 1 said "Your house is on fire!". Both structures were a total loss and 2 others suffered heat and water damage.

The owners of both homes were actually home at the time and outside talking to each other when 1 said "Your house is on fire!"

Wow!

Do they know how it started?

Wow!

Do they know how it started?

Not sure, there's reports of it starting under the porch of the first structure or in the living room. It was fully engulfed upon arrival and sounds like it spread from the point of origin to the remainder of the house pretty quick.

Sebastian Din, 8, was riding his scooter near his home Friday when he smelled smoke and saw flames coming from under the porch of Stemberg’s home. The boy ran down the street where his mother, Milena, was standing outside talking to Stemberg.

“He ran up and said ‘your house is on fire,” Stemberg, a creative writer, said.

Elmsford Fire Chief Pete DeLuca said the blaze likely started just after 4 p.m. in the front of the home at 22 Woodside Ave., possibly in the living room. From there, it spread to the Caralyus’ home, causing severe damage to the second and third floors as well as the roof.

http://greenburgh.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/elmsford-boy-hero-after-fire-warnings

Edited by peterose313

" I was a little confused at first on the location. That address is actually outside the Elmsford village limits but within the Elmsford FD protection district".

This house is actually located in the Village of Elmsford, and not in the Elmsford fire protection district.

Who was first due then? Fairview?

Where I work on Warehouse Lane, which has an Elmsford mailing address and the Elmsford zip code (10523), we're in the Town of Greenburgh but in the Elmsford FD district.

The house is in the Village lines as 2115 stated and yes units were met with heavy fire condidtions upon arrival. Great Job by all to knock the fire down on the main fire building quickly and for making an agressive intierior attack on exposure B and stoppping the fire there which had extenion in the walls 3rd floor and attic. Exposure B was very labor intensive due to balloon frame construction. All involved did a hell of a job. Sorry for the pain that both familys have to go through.

nice shots

Edited by 27east

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!! is that a fire hose on a car ....................LOL........seen that before. :blink:

x129K and Danger like this