helicopper

Justice in Texas

16 posts in this topic

Gotta love Texas!

No charges for Texas father who killed daughter's alleged molester

SHINER, Texas -- Hearing his 5-year-old daughter crying from behind a barn, a father ran and discovered the unthinkable: A man molesting her. The father pulled the man off his daughter, authorities say, and started pummeling him to death with his fists.

With his daughter finally safe, the father frantically called 911, begging a dispatcher to find his rural ranch and send an ambulance. "Come on! This guy is going to die on me!" the man is heard screaming on the 911 call. "I don't know what to do!"

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12313459-no-charges-for-texas-father-who-killed-daughters-alleged-molester

Sailr322, JetPhoto, 210 and 4 others like this

I personally agree with no charges against the father. It's his own kid. He shouldn't of beat him up so bad, he probably wasnt trying to, but it is what it is. If he had just beat him up and left him there to die, maybe a few charges against him, but it sounds like he was worried about the guy and didnt really mean it. so..

Westfield12 likes this

His intention not to kill was very apparent after the 911 call was made public when you hear the father asking the dispatcher when help is going to arrive because the perp stopped breathing.

This isn't justice. This was a man who lost control over himself and has to live with killing someone. No matter how vile the perp was and how much you love your child you still have to reconcile with yourself taking a life. I feel for the father. No one should be put in that position. I've seen what it does to someone and it's ugly.

This isn't justice. This was a man who lost control over himself and has to live with killing someone. No matter how vile the perp was and how much you love your child you still have to reconcile with yourself taking a life. I feel for the father. No one should be put in that position. I've seen what it does to someone and it's ugly.

What is your idea of justice, if any?

I would have to agree with you about the guy living with killing someone though. He obviously didn't want to kill the man, but ended up doing so.

sfrd18 and Westfield12 like this

My choice of words for the title was referring to the fact that the father isn't being charged.

Yes, he has to live with the fact that he took another life but that life was in the process of destroying his family's life, especially his daughter's. I certainly hope he's able to reconcile that and move on with his life.

BFD1054 and x129K like this

He saved his daughter and tried to save the piece of garbage who was molesting her and could of possibly killed her. His actions were justified and hopefully won't see any furthur legal implications. And I agree if this was NY...

Westfield12 and sfrd18 like this

I. Love. Texas.

If this happened in New England (New Hampshire probably notwithstanding) the father would have been charged with Capital Felony Murder, Ben and Jerry's would have come out with a new flavor of ice cream to benefit the family of the scumbag rapist and Al Sharpton would be claiming it was a racist atrocity perpetrated against an innocent, defenseless minority.

In Texas, the dirtbag gets dead, the father gets to continue taking care of his family and trying to piece together the lost innocence of his child with the support of a caring community that takes care of its own.

Edited by SageVigiles
sfrd18, chris, bigrig77 and 5 others like this

Just to clarify, these actions would have been clearly permissible under New York State law which has a provision for just this type of crime.

See PL 35.15 ( 2 )( b )

Edited by INIT915
JetPhoto, efdcapt115, x129K and 3 others like this

Just to Expand on Init915's post, This is from the New York State Penal Law,

35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.

2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person

under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:

( He or she reasonably believes that such other person is committing

or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible criminal

sexual act or robbery; or

Edited by crime cop
efdcapt115, BFD1054 and PEMO3 like this

Let's take a step back and look at what science has to say...The father's actions are justifably correct. Primal instinct (don't forget that we humans are still animals) is to protect your home and family no matter the circumstance. A close relative of ours, the gorilla, is even deadlier than we are. Then again, the gorilla has no laws to abide by.

I'm not saying this particular father was right, but I'm not going to say he was wrong. So now I'm going to ask what your instinct would be (DO NOT answer this question publicly. Please keep this in your own head.) What would you do with the molestor? Let him go? Beat him up a little? Kick the living snot out of him? Shove a double barrel shotgun down his throat and pull the trigger? Just because the human mind is much more advanced and capable of several dimentions of thought doesn't mean that someone will pause long enough to choose the action that society has deemed acceptable. Again, we are animals, and what ever you decide to do is the right thing to do at the moment. This case isn't pre-meditated murder, nor is it really any type of murder case. The father simply secured his role as the alpha male and protected his home and family. If you can't grasp this concept, highly I suggest watching the History Channel and Discovery Channel.

Westfield12, JM15 and PEMO3 like this

I am not a father, but I have plenty of nieces and nephews and I know the rage that I would feel if this was happening to one of them. So, if I was a father, those feelings would be multiplied by a a thousand. I would have done the same thing that this father did. Rapists are one of the lowest forms of life to begin with, but a child molester/rapist is even worse in my book. This guy did society a BIG FAVOR by ending this guys life.

chris likes this

All states should be like texas, that guy deserved to die touching a child. That is what a father is supposed to do. He should sleep fine knowing he protected his daughter.

sfrd18 likes this