Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

Benefit for Wassaic (Dutchess, NY) FF Jason Whaley

17 posts in this topic

https://www.facebook...events/43488159

Held at:

https://www.facebook...137704099622420

A letter from Wassaic Fire Company Chief Scott Boardman:

Our company recently received some devastating news about one of our members, Jason Whaley. He has been in and out of the hospital for months with no clear diagnosis, has had multiple surgeries, and has missed a lot of work. This weekend, he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Jason has been a volunteer fireman for 18 years, first with JH Ketcham Hose Company in Dover Plains, NY and most recently with the Wassaic Fire Company. He is currently the Captain of the Wassaic Fire Company. He has served on various committees and makes most every call.

On July 27th, the Lantern Inn in Wassaic, NY and the Wassaic Project are co-hosting a benefit night for Jason. The events begin with A Cake Walk at 6:00pm at Maxon Mills. The band, Shadow Creek, will begin at 8:00pm at the Lantern Inn. There is a $5 cover charge. The Wassaic Fire Company will be selling food. We invite you to join us that evening to help us help one of our own. If you cannot join us, but would like to make a donation, donations can be made to the Wassaic Fire Company. Please indicate that your donation is for Jason Whaley.

We thank you, in advance, for your support.

Sincerely,

Chief Scott Boardman,

Assistant Chief Kenny Elliott,

and the members of the Wassaic Fire Company

JetPhoto likes this

NIce pictures of Captain (then JHK Lt) Whaley and myself on the turntable of 36 Truck 2 years ago at a J O B in Millbrook.

We are all pulling for you J!

(photo by Bill Johnson - fdphotounit - one awesome photog!)

post-2837-0-66683700-1342220203.jpg

post-2837-0-67529400-1342220206.jpg

Edited by x129K

Nate thanks for posting!!!

Captain Whaley and Assistant Chief Elliott taking a break at C.A.F.S recently

post-16297-0-19809300-1342279113.jpg

x129K likes this

I have talked to the people that started the Facebook event hopeful it will be opened up by later today.

JetPhoto likes this

The event is now open to everyone on Facebook so pass it on to everyone you can. Jason is a great guy and this is going to be a great event for a great cause. Check back to the event page for updates on items that will be auctioned off such as Yankees tickets in a box behind home plate and other items.

Bumping this up - the event is this week, and there are many, many awesome donations for the raffle. I hope to see some Bravo Buffs there!

efdcapt115 likes this

I thought there would be more interest on this subject a fellow fire fighter in need of at least support and this just went down quickly thanks to the guys who have posted. And thanks to those showing support by going or some other way

x129K likes this

I thought there would be more interest on this subject a fellow fire fighter in need of at least support and this just went down quickly thanks to the guys who have posted. And thanks to those showing support by going or some other way.

I will be there Cap. :)

And to add to the raffle prizes, the bow compaby that sponsors myself and 31-L1 has donated a bow. :)

Edited by x129K
Atv300 likes this

I thought there would be more interest on this subject a fellow fire fighter in need of at least support and this just went down quickly thanks to the guys who have posted. And thanks to those showing support by going or some other way.

It's cool man, we hear you and I'll bet you'll get some great support for your Brother.

One person claims over 1000 people turned out. I would be amazed if the entire hamlet of Wassaic could handle that much lol, but regardless, looks like an overwhelmingly amazing turnout!!

292900_10151122986301197_14760800_n.jpg

JetPhoto and efdcapt115 like this

From the Facebook Group wall post from one of the organizers of the event:

Scott Boardman:

Will I have to say last night was a great success we made "BIG" money !!! Sorry I can't share the exact numbers but we past the mark I was hoping for by $20,000.00!!! Thank you all once again!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/473678525978620/480121735334299/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

efdcapt115, RICHEB126 and JetPhoto like this

Those 1200 plus wrist bands were only for the 21 and over crowd it was definitely amazing the turnout.

xfirefighter484x likes this