prucha25

FDNY Paramedic and Distinguished EMTBravo Member NY10570 Condolences

102 posts in this topic

post-15126-0-99791600-1343180397.jpeg

Funeral details are as follows:

A wake will take place on Wed Aug 1st between 3pm and 7pm at Beechers Funeral Home which is located at 418 Bedford Rd, Pleasantville, NY. The funeral mass will be Thursday Aug 2nd at St Michael's Church which is located at W 100th st, and Amsterdam Ave, NY NY at 11am.

As we are all aware the body of FDNY Paramedic and Emtbravo contributor NY10570 Leonard Joyner has been found. The FDNY as well as the emergency services community has a whole has lost an excellent paramedic, friend, and overall great human being. RIP Brother.

http://www.lohud.com...|text|Frontpage

Edited by prucha25
EdAngiolillo and efdcapt115 like this

Fdny paramedic and board member ny10570 has been missing since 7/19/12 . He was last seen hiking in Coloarado. So far no luck with the ground search. The chopper is down due to weather. Please keep Lenny in your prayers.

http://www.thedenver...119/detail.html

Sending a prayer....

Hoping for a positive outcome...

This is so sad. I've known Lenny for years. I hope he returns home safe!!!!!

Terrible. Have known Lenny for a long time. Thoughts and Prayers.

wow sad news... Hope he is alright.. Thoughts and prayers for a safe return!

Thoughts and prays for a safe return home..

Thoughts and prayers with his family for a safe return..

2231* likes this

Thoughts and prayers are with Lenny's family for a safe return.

Stay safe all who assist with the search.

2231* likes this

Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected. God, please let Lenny return home safe.

I hope what ever situation he is in he uses his training to make it home. Saying a prayer for you.

THE ASPEN TIMES

UPDATE: July 24, 11:45 a.m.The body of a hiker missing in the Maroon Bells area reportedly has been found, officials said Tuesday morning.

Also, search and rescue personnel are attempting to rescue two stranded hikers in the Bells area.

Edited by ac316scu
2231* likes this

Terrible news. Rest in Peace Brother.

Obviously anytime I say that is too often, but it seems like its become more frequent than usual as of late.

Hopefully the admins can put together some kind of rememberance banner or something for the site.

x4093k likes this

Tragic news..

Rest in peace Lenny.

Terrible news... RIP Lenny

RIP

R.I.P. Lenny you will be very much missed and good memories will last forever.

Rest In Peace Lenny. You will be greatly missed by all who were fortunate enough to get to know you. Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

helicopper and KelliPVAC like this

This is quite shocking, the whole situation. I'm asking myself "is this really happening?" It's surreal. ny10570 who we now know his name is Lenny Joyner, see his photo on the Denver news story, has been a regular productive member of this board for years. We know his political leanings, his compassion for others, his decency....yet most of us didn't know him personally.

I wish I had.

To those members here who had the honor of knowing him, condolences to you all. We all share in your grief.

For all of us here who care, who feel, please take care of yourselves now. Don't be tempted to grab the beers or anything else to drown the pain away.

Talk about it. Write about it. Share your feelings with those of us here who care for you and want you to be okay. That's what this site is about. A Fraternity of sorts. Times like these are the most testing for everybody. Talk about it at the firehouse, the precinct, the ambulance quarters.

Lenny got called home to God way too early, yet he obviously died doing what he wanted to be doing. Living his life the way he wanted it to be. Quite an adventurist it seems. I imagine he was quite ecstatic to reach that peak, to see that view, to be closer to his God.

Our board has another hero now. And his name is Lenny Joyner. God Rest In Peace.

Edit: Last name proper spelling.

Edited by efdcapt115

RIP Lenny! This is such a sad situation. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone right now.

I am just hearing of his recovery (I was sleeping) from my brother. Not sure if Lenny's parents know yet, they were flying out to Colorado today. There is a post on his Facebook from a friend asking that everyone please do no post on it at this time. This one really hurts.