prucha25

FDNY Paramedic and Distinguished EMTBravo Member NY10570 Condolences

102 posts in this topic

So sad the outcome was not better but at least they found him. We must thank the responders and searchers that took the time to look and recover him. I only knew Lenny from here but he seemed to be a very nice guy. Rest in peace brother. For his family and friends stay strong I'm sure he would want you to be.

KelliPVAC, JM15 and efdcapt115 like this

So much sad news this month from all over.....Lenny Rest in Peace.

Rest In Peace. As all of us are, I'm sorry to hear this was the outcome.

Alltough he lived in the same town as me I never had the pleasure of meeting him but did enjoy reading his posts. May he rest in peace.

I've worked the same unit as Lenny for the last year. We were partners for a while, and then mutual partners after I changed tours. I only recently joined this board because of him. I've worked in EMS in various places for the past 7 years and I can say without a doubt that Lenny was one of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He was a consummate professional, an amazing person and one of my best friends. It hasn't yet sunk in that he is really gone forever. It pains me to think about the life that was cut short, and the amazing career that should have been.

Many a good times back in the day from Pville to Baltimore with Lenny...a straight up good guy with such potential and drive for life...Condolences to Pleasantville Fire and his Colleagues at FDNY EMS Sta.7

PFDRes47cue, 2231* and efdcapt115 like this

RIP. His candor and contributions to our community here will be greatly missed.

Condolences to his family, friends and coworkers.

helicopper likes this

Rest in Peace

Had an idea Brothers and Sisters. How about we revisit Lenny's last post and rep it as high as we can. I'm out of rep points for the day but I promise you tomorrow I'll be on it.......

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/46817-questioning-for-infectious-diseases-as-part-of-medical-history/page__p__268043#entry268043

RIP may his family be blessed during this most difficult time

Truly a sad day for NY10570's friends, coworkers, family, and his extended family here on EMTBravo. It didn't take a very long to realize NY10570 was a consummate professional who loved being a Paramedic. The knowledge he shared with the EMTBravo community, and the manner in which he articulated his responses and views was a testament to the provider and the person he IS.

It's a huge loss for the EMS and EMTBravo family... I'm not the sentimental type but the loss of NY10570 is a complete shock and is being felt by all the active members here... There will always be a void here on EMTBravo without him around.

Godspeed Brother.

SageVigiles, JM15, Bnechis and 4 others like this

Rest in Peace Lenny.

He was always great to be around. During our time in Pleasantville together, Lenny never fell for the politics, it was always about providing the best service to the public. Lenny was a great friend that will truly be missed.

One incident that comes to mind I mentioned recently in the thread about Thruway response and possible tolls.

We were returning from a parade in Bedford with the old R47. I was driving, when I got a long buzz to stop the truck. I stopped immediately and before I could get out of the cab Lenny had already hopped off and told me everything was OK. Unbeknownst to me Lennny grabbed a crosswalk sign and thrown it on top of the truck. We continued on our way. When I got back to Pleasantville's HQ, I let off the manpower to block traffic and spot me as I backed in. I swung the rig out into the street when one our chiefs drove up very quickly. It soon became apparent he was not in a good mood. He was pissed off that he had received a phone call from the Bedford PD, wanting the sign returned. I think the chief was more upset that his personal time with his wife had been interuppted!. When I asked the chief why they thought it had been us, the chief said "a police officer saw the big Rescue 47 we had recently stenciled on the back.", which is another story. Anyway after several denials about any idea of said sign taking, the chief left and I see Lenny and another member hiding behind the rescue laughing. They brought down the crosswalk sign and promptly returned it to its proper location. Lenny loved to have good time and would bring that incident up from time to time about the look on my face when I was confronted by the chief.

PFDR47 and ems-buff like this

Rest in Peace

NY10570 was one of the original wave of members here with EMTbravo, joining in 2004. The fact that he stood here and took the time to help us all become better emergency providers, proves that one person can make the world better. While I never had the pleasure of meeting him, I have had the pleasure of working with member of the EMS FAMILY, that he leaves behind, and take part of his many discussions here on EMTbravo. He was very pro EMS and tried to make EMS an equal provider, and not the bastard step child it is today. . It is a shame we have to say goodbye to a great man like him, but as long as this site is here, people can learn from him, for many years to come. RIP brother, and may you, your family, and friends find peace in god

JM15, SageVigiles and antiquefirelt like this

Rest in Peace...