prucha25

FDNY Paramedic and Distinguished EMTBravo Member NY10570 Condolences

102 posts in this topic

Rest in Peace NY10570!

RIP Lenny you were a great partner and even better person.. Till we meet again

Lenny was a former EMT with Westchester EMS before leaving to work for FDNY. Everyone at Westchester EMS is deeply saddened by this news. Our thoughts go out to his family, friends and co-workers.

May he rest in peace.

RIP Lenny, I only new you as a great poster here but as I read on I now know that you were a great Paramedic and person too. This site took a shot in the gut with your loss. Angelo

This is quite shocking, the whole situation. I'm asking myself "is this really happening?" It's surreal. ny10570 who we now know his name is Lenny Joyner, see his photo on the Denver news story, has been a regular productive member of this board for years. We know his political leanings, his compassion for others, his decency....yet most of us didn't know him personally.

I wish I had.

To those members here who had the honor of knowing him, condolences to you all. We all share in your grief.

For all of us here who care, who feel, please take care of yourselves now. Don't be tempted to grab the beers or anything else to drown the pain away.

Talk about it. Write about it. Share your feelings with those of us here who care for you and want you to be okay. That's what this site is about. A Fraternity of sorts. Times like these are the most testing for everybody. Talk about it at the firehouse, the precinct, the ambulance quarters.

Lenny got called home to God way too early, yet he obviously died doing what he wanted to be doing. Living his life the way he wanted it to be. Quite an adventurist it seems. I imagine he was quite ecstatic to reach that peak, to see that view, to be closer to his God.

Our board has another hero now. And his name is Lenny Joyner. God Rest In Peace.

Edit: Last name proper spelling.

I Couldnt have worded it any better and felt the same way, so I salute this post and agree whole heartedly. Rest In Peace to the brother I never had the honor of meeting.

Had an idea Brothers and Sisters. How about we revisit Lenny's last post and rep it as high as we can. I'm out of rep points for the day but I promise you tomorrow I'll be on it.......

http://www.emtbravo....043#entry268043

I did just that and will hope to see everyone else do the same.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, I hope they find peace and comfort in their time of need.

x4093k likes this

I know that I never met you Lenny, but from what everyone has said about you seemed like a truly great guy. I'm sure that the FDNY EMS Station 7 world will not be the same with out you. I know just like everyone else here, that you are going to be missed by not only the people that knew you, but also the people that you have inspired and saved over the years. We all know that you are not with us anymore, but you will forever be in our hearts. May god be with you always, and may you rest in eternal life. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life". Rest In Peace fallen brother 5-5-5-5 has be rang out for you. To all your friend's and family my sincere condolences. Corinthians 5:1 "For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens".

Rest in Peace.

My condolences to his Friends and Family.

Rest in Peace, Brother.... May you fly with the Angels.... God bless your family and friends....

Rest in peace and safe travels brother. The nypost article said his dream was to be a firefighter. I hope FDNY makes him a firefighter in his honor.

Edited by conman
PFDRes47cue likes this

A real tragedy..................

Rest in Peace Lenny!

Rest In Peace

While I never got to know him in person, after years of interacting with him here I feel like I really got to know him. I will certain long for his well informed, reasoned and educated posts in the months and years that come. He gave a dose of sanity to at times what is certainly an insame board.

efdcapt115 likes this

The original post has been updated with funeral details.

FD service will be at 6 pm on Wednesday August 1,with viewing from 3 to 7 at Beecher Funeral Home

Thursday August 2, procession will leave Beecher Funeral Home at 930 hours for the 11am funeral at St Micheal's Church in NYC

Rip brother. Thoughts and prayers with his friends, family and co-workers at FDNY EMS

I never had the Honor of meeting Lenny. I never even had the chance to talk to him. But I would always read all of his post here on EMT Bravo. Through that I felt that I did know him. A young man with huge potential to offer. He dedicated his short life to treating the very sick and injuried. I wish I got to meet you Lenny. you were certainly a Credit to your generation.

We will ALL miss you my friend. My Condolunces to your family and friends, and to your co workers of the FDNY EMS.

Thank you for your services to the City of New York and all you have done to help others.

Rest in Peace Lenny.

grumpyff and efdcapt115 like this

Unfortunatley, like many of us, i never got to know Lenny personally. However, i always enjoyed reading his posts because it was obvious that he was an intelligent person, who was truly passionate about what he did.

Watching the tribute video really shows what kind of person he was. It was obvious that he loved being a Paramedic, loved the FDNY and loved life in general. You could see his passion of the outdoors and even get an idea of his sense of humor.

Another life taken to soon, but one that wont be forgotten.

May you rest in peace Lenny.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and his extended FDNY family.

grumpyff, helicopper and efdcapt115 like this

Unfortunatley, like many of us, i never got to know Lenny personally. However, i always enjoyed reading his posts because it was obvious that he was an intelligent person, who was truly passionate about what he did.

Watching the tribute video really shows what kind of person he was. It was obvious that he loved being a Paramedic, loved the FDNY and loved life in general. You could see his passion of the outdoors and even get an idea of his sense of humor.

Another life taken to soon, but one that wont be forgotten.

May you rest in peace Lenny.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and his extended FDNY family.

Very well said Mike.