Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

Yonkers 1990 Mack Aerialscope for sale

13 posts in this topic

holy cow.....I rode this rig for a long time...(till it came off the line and became a spare) Open back jumpseat..Had a green tarp for a while, but that went missing.,..

Remember riding the Charlie side in a heavy snow storm and looking over to the Bravo side and we both looked at each other and laughed like hell...we had about 6" of snow on our helmets..

Hey Redtruck75.....I know you loved this rig..."The Convertabile" remember? Good times....good times...

x129K, efdcapt115, Union241 and 3 others like this

Last of the YFD Macks (unless you count Engine 298 [The Old Engine 306] that I believe is being stored "downstairs" at Station 8 [Alongside "Truck 5"] as a YFD Antique/Parade Unit).

sfrd18 likes this

Went to many a jobs in that rig,lots of good memories from back then. Easy to set up in a hurry, no bells or whistles to stop you from doing what you were doing. In picture #3 on ebay is the Mack Dog. You guys need to get before it is sold and put it on the fire place mantle.

sfrd18 and efdcapt115 like this

Well...its got one bid....$5,500. Hey Redtruck75..was that you that bid?...LOL Remember it had those solid brass "door knobs" on the rear FF jump seat doors..? It looked great after they did the first body re-hab and added the "Z" paintjob...

interesting to see what it goes for...

Is this the rig that melting the moulding that holds the front windshield in place on Mulberry Street, mid 90's?

I have a pic - just can not find it on here using the search function.

I was driving this rig one sunny day, when a "sudden flash flood" on Palmer rd. blew both windshields in on us...Funny how these things can happen.....

x129K and redtruck75 like this

Is this the rig that melting the moulding that holds the front windshield in place on Mulberry Street, mid 90's?

I have a pic - just can not find it on here using the search function.

Dan, No- that was TL-71's old 1985 Mack "855"

x129K and sfrd18 like this

Courtesy of "The Man" Joe Pinto, here is the YFD TL "855" as it looked as originally delivered as assigned as Tower Ladder 71 (As R1Smokeater referenced above), as well as (Courtesy of Ron C) the Repainted Look of YFD TL "855" as TL71

I really like this original paint job and the "Original Light Bar" on top of the cab (All Red with White Pin Striping), rather than the White on Red repaint job as referenced in the 2nd photo)

post-80-0-17327600-1343392921.jpg

post-80-0-43005800-1343393247.jpg

Edited by 61MACKBR1
1911 and sfrd18 like this

61MackBR1, just an FYI, it does not appear that the rig in post #12 is the same one as in post #10. The first differnece is in post #12 you reference "855", in YFD terminology (if I recall correctly) indicates a rig purchased in 1985, whereas the one in post #10, and the one offered for auction is listed as a 1990. Other differences are the lightbars on the cab are different, and the 1990 rig has diamond plate over the tandem rear wheels, while "885" does not.