Steve

Spano picks new Fire Commissioner

10 posts in this topic

News 12 is reporting that Mayor Spano has chosen Robert Sweeney, Chief of Operations for the FDNY as the next Yonkers Fire Commissioner.

its about time what a great choice,congrats to commissioner sweeney an mayor spano,chief sweeney is a well respected man in the fire service and will bring yonkers fd the best leadership they can get,

Great for yonkers terrible for us.....sucks to lose someone like chief sweeney especially now with.all thats going on with everything

SageVigiles likes this

I'm Glad it looks like Yonkers is going to get a very qualified commissioner. However with a job as deep and professional as Yonkers didn't they have a deep stable of talent internally to pick from?

tglass59 likes this

Good luck to the new Commissioner. I hope he comes in and sees how completely understaffed we are. I hope he does his due diligence before he takes the job and will be allowed to get the proper resources he will need. Comm. Kielb stepped down rather then put firefighter and civilian safety second to politics. Good luck in the position.

He's certainly our loss. I hope that he has success in Yonkers and that the brothers in Yonkers find success in him.