mpgfire93

POV Cameras

12 posts in this topic

Anyone using point of view cameras mounted to the helmet? What kind and how are they?

Anyone using point of view cameras mounted to the helmet? What kind and how are they?

Yes, I have friends who use all different types. A good friend of mine just recieved the newest one(link below) they said it works even better.

Also, not sure if your familiar with it, but Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort uses something similar to it (or even the same) and they had hundreds of them, so that proves they are top notch.

Heres the link to the ones we have: http://pointofviewca...o2-outdoor.html

Hope that helps..

Edited by x4093k

Hope you don't mind me piping in here, because I know very little about these cameras. I think they can be an excellent tool for training purposes though. The videos I've seen made from a POV camera are quite amazing; of course they're great until visibility goes to zero.

A POV camera that incorporates TIC technology would be a great advancement.

How much do POV cameras generally cost?

Yes, I have friends who use all different types. A good friend of mine just recieved the newest one(link below) they said it works even better.

Also, not sure if your familiar with it, but Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort uses something similar to it (or even the same) and they had hundreds of them, so that proves they are top notch.

Heres the link to the ones we have: http://pointofviewca...o2-outdoor.html

Hope that helps..

How is the GoPro in a fire though? I am a little sceptical about that in a fire. alot of plastics involved. The firecam on the other hand seems to be build just for the high levels of heat we encounter.

How is the GoPro in a fire though? I am a little sceptical about that in a fire. alot of plastics involved. The firecam on the other hand seems to be build just for the high levels of heat we encounter.

He didn't say "fire" in his post.. Thats why I posted 2, not sure what he's looking for.

Edited by x4093k

He didn't say "fire" in his post.. Thats why I posted 2, not sure what he's looking for.

I guess I read it wrong. The GoPro is currently the standard for all extreme sports. They are water-proof, shock proof, and are in HD. if your looking for something to strap to your head when you hit the trails mountain biking then it is the way to go.

x4093k likes this

How do privacy concern play into this?

I know the fire service is not obliged to the same privacy standards as EMS, but how would your community feel if footage of their home is posted to youtube? I know I wouldn't be happy.

KelliPVAC likes this

How do privacy concern play into this?

I know the fire service is not obliged to the same privacy standards as EMS, but how would your community feel if footage of their home is posted to youtube? I know I wouldn't be happy.

I see no difference between footage inside and a news crew posted on the front lawn.

bigrig77 and FF398 like this

I disagree, whats on the street is public for everyone, what's inside your home is private. Everything inside of your home is not in public view and shouldn't become so just because you called the fire department.

KelliPVAC and PEMO3 like this

I disagree, whats on the street is public for everyone, what's inside your home is private. Everything inside of your home is not in public view and shouldn't become so just because you called the fire department.

I understand what you are saying, I just dont think that many private things can be seen by a fire fighter crawling on the floor. I think ultimately it would have to come down to a department policy.