Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryguy12fd

Chucky Mellilo - Online Condolence Card

78 posts in this topic

Rest in Peace Charlie. You were a solid partner and always had everyone's back. You'll be missed.

you were my partner, you were my friend, I'm not saying goodbye, I'm saying I'll see you later. You will be missed more than you know....rest easy

It was good times driving that Hawthorne Ambulance with you on those menacing Mondays. I will always remember you. Rest in Peace, brother.

x4093k likes this

i should have said this in my first post, but losing Chucky is striking me pretty hard. I had the privilege of being Chucky's partner for a few years on Tuesday overnight working Medic 37 prior to my deployment to Afghanistan. He was schedule to be my partner on Tuesday Medic 31 when he came back from his injury, but they were having a tough time nailing down what was actually hurting him. This is a devastating blow to not only Empress but to all of Westchester County emergency services. He was extremely involved in both EMS as well as the volunteer fire dept. I think being Chucky's partner made me a better paramedic and I sorely miss him. He always had our backs and was the best of the best. I can always remember trading story's of his PortChester jobs vs my Pearl River Jobs, nothing was ever too small for him to give his expert opinion, and he always did have the better way to do it. I wish I told him more how much I truly valued his partnership on the ambulance, as well as his friendship. While I was deployed he always made sure to check in on my wife, and include her in the Perry Ave party's he had, or just going out to the bars. I could go on forever, about him, and i could make a list a hundred miles long of things i would give up, or change just to have him back for one more second. Please keep him and his family in your prayers and hearts cause right now he's up there teaching God how to buff the big ones.

we lost one of the good ones today.

RIP my partner, my friend, and most of all my brother. Love you guy

post-19730-0-65698700-1350889945.jpg

Edited by ryguy12fd

I didn't know him, sounds like my loss, as everyone here says what a great guy he was. I guess it is always the way the good lord takes the good ones first. Rest in Peace my thoughts and prayer go out to his family and brother firefighters and emt's.

Rest in piece Chuckie. It was nice working along side you. You will be missed.

Charlie,

Was a true pleasure to know such a good guy! Was a honor to know you as well as work with you on a few fires over the years! Rest in Peace my brother!

RIP Chucky.

thoughts and prayers go out to charlie and his family as well as Empress EMS....i know he is up heaven looking down on you guys.

Westfield12 likes this

Rest in Peace, and may the Lord shine down on you and your family.

His football team just posted on their fb with details regarding services.

Wake will be at the Craft Memorial Home on Wednesday from 4-9 pm with the funeral on Thursday at 10 am at Holy Rosary. The address is 40 Leicester Street Port Chester, NY 10573

Edited by peterose313

Rest In Peace Charlie, I only met you a few times in person but felt like I knew you well through talking with your family. All my thoughts and prayers to your family, and friends, especially to your family at Empress and Port Chester, may they find peace and comfort in their time of need. God bless.

PCFD R-40 likes this

Words cannot describe what I just read. Shocked is an understatement. I still have pics from when I first met him at HHH&L wet down for the stick. Always had a pleasure hanging with him when I stopped by on a Thursday night. I'll miss Charlie!! :(

Excuse the hand jesters.

(*)

post-2893-4467.jpg

31TruckiePCFD likes this

I'm still in disbelief about this. Charlie would give the shirt off his back for anyone. He was the most active emergency service worker that I knew. Those of you that know him well will vouch for that. All that we can say now is rest in peace, my friend. We'll all see you in that firehouse in the sky. Love you, good buddy.

JM15, peterose313, x4093k and 1 other like this

RIP Charlie.. Just from the short time I knew you and the comments that are posted here I know you will be missed greatly!! Truly a heavy loss for the emergency services community

x4093k likes this