39 posts in this topic

County: Westchester

City/Town/Municipality/Dept: Independent Fire Company, Mt. Kisco, NY

Unit designation/identifier: Engine 105

Chassis & Body (or Aerial) Manufacturer and model: Seagrave Marauder II/ Pumper

Pump size, tank size (water/foam), aerial type & length: 2000gpm/750gallon

Estimated delivery date: Summer 2013

Notes: Will replace current E105, a 1989 Pierce Lance Pumper

Truck Committee had the Pre-Construction trip last week. Final drawing should follow in a few weeks.

post-16114-0-76682800-1352915799.jpg

post-16114-0-92619200-1352915818.jpg

x4093k, firedude, jack10562 and 3 others like this

Looking forward to seeing the new rig. Congrats!

Question...

What is the reasoning behind the 750 gallon tank on a first due apparatus? Seems the norm (whatever normal is) is 1000 gallons.

Best of luck, keep us posted!

Question...

What is the reasoning behind the 750 gallon tank on a first due apparatus? Seems the norm (whatever normal is) is 1000 gallons.

truck it is replacing has 750 gallon tank and trying to keep it small.

Question...

Thanks, looking forward to the delivery also. Just like was said, we wanted to keep the truck as small as possible. We have a 1000 gal. pumper already, tried to mirror the engine it is replacing. Will have a ton more space on this one with high side compartments on both sides and a 8 man cab.

Medic411 likes this

The 1000 gallon tank made the truck far too large for our back roads, this truck should fit the profile we need it for. Like already said, the other engine we have is much larger. Tight driveway rig...

Hey John, we actually got Brett to smile once... Couldn't get him to go out though... Lol

Question...

500 many places

Some updated photos on the I.F. Co. website, www.ifco13.com

Look under New Engine 105. Change order and paint samples signed off, waiting on final drawings. Check website for updates during the build.

Some updated photos on the I.F. Co. website, www.ifco13.com

Look under New Engine 105. Change order and paint samples signed off, waiting on final drawings. Check website for updates during the build.

Looks just like Bedford Hills new E199. Looks great, Look forward to hearing more updates!

Looks just like Bedford Hills new E199. Looks great, Look forward to hearing more updates!

It is 199 from Bedford Hills, just a pic to show what cab model we are using. Not our truck.

Expected delivery is next summer, anywhere from July to August hopefully. We will explore all the options when it comes time to take the 1989 Pierce out of service, donation is one of them.

JetPhoto, EmsFirePolice and x4093k like this

Nice when is it due on the road???

Nice when is it due on the road???

Hopefully late summer, I will keep this updated.

Thought I would post a few pics along with the latest update. More pics are also on the links posted previously. Moving right along!

post-16114-0-72315900-1370606180.jpg

post-16114-0-27365200-1370606192.jpg

post-16114-0-93836900-1370606213.jpg

post-16114-0-35845000-1370606255.jpg

EmsFirePolice and x4093k like this

The apparatus committee made the trip to Seagrave out in Wisconsin for the final inspection of the new pumper for the Independent Fire Co. in Mt. Kisco, NY. After two days of going over the truck, driving and pumping the truck, only a few minor details needed correcting. We also added a few things to the rig, The new engine should be leaving Wisconsin towards the end of this week and should arrive at Hudson Vally Fire Equipment the beginning of next week.

It will be up at Hudsan Valley Fire Equipment for about 3 weeks getting tools and equipment mounted, also the lettering and striping will be done at the same time. It should arrive in Mt. Kisco at the Independent Fire Co. in late August. After getting the rest of the equipment and hose on and some nights of training, we hope to have it in service in early September.

Here are a few pics of the trip!

post-16114-0-81285900-1374592677.jpg

post-16114-0-70498400-1374592730.jpg

post-16114-0-23713700-1374592801.jpg

post-16114-0-12808600-1374592854.jpg

x635 and EmsFirePolice like this

It has arrived! Will follow up with more soon.

Ahh, I get it!

Run lights and sirens and make everyone move, just so we can get a good video!

All those people in the car's behind the rig must be thrilled... Not to mention scaring the piss out of Grandma and her dog at the end.

Edited by newsbuff

Ahh, I get it!

All those people in the car's behind the rig must be thrilled... Not to mention scaring the piss out of Grandma and her dog at the end.

Exactly what we were going for, glad you picked up on that! Thank you for your input...

E106MKFD, Stiles, FF398 and 5 others like this

Mount Kisco, what a wonderful new engine. Glad you went with a Fed Q siren on this one. As for Grandma she never missed a step. Nice tradition when approching the station for the first time in a new rig.

x4093k, EmsFirePolice and E106MKFD like this

Ahh, I get it!

UUmmmm looks like those cars were not staying 500 feet behind the rig.

As for the dog he wasn't even barking. My 2 (choco lab and Catahoula leopard dog) would have been going bananas!

Good luck with the new rig!!!!

Edited by spin_the_wheel
x4093k likes this

I want to wish you the very best with your new toy Mt. Kisco. I hope you the best espeacially the members of eng 105.

very nice looking rig, thanks for sharing and many years of service to Mt. Kisco