Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wm6ff

EMS Pants

13 posts in this topic

Hey y'all my son is starting an emt job requiring bdu type pants any recomendations 5.11, elbeco, etc? personally for class b fire uniforms i like 5.11.

I alwys wore Dickies...especially once they came out with the "cell phone pocket" pant...but they arent BDU style.

I am more of a tradional style uniform, straight leg navy blue pants, light blue button down shirt with epaluts..not a fan of all the fancy ESU cop lookalike stuff they got going on now...

FFBlaser likes this

Dickies like x129 said. I like them for commercial EMS because they are CHEAP! Doesnt matter if they get trashed. For volly tours I use elbeco.

5-11 for comfort but I can't understand why EMS staff want to blouse their pants. Must don't even know why its done or do it correctly.

I was a big Blauer fan. Then I had to get 2 pair of Spiewak pants when Blauer was sold out in my size (tent!). I beat the living crap outta those pants for several years and they are just now showing some seam and pocket wear.

5.11 are nice, as long as you can get your size; they don't make 'em in tall sizes. From what I've seen on their web site, a 34" waist maxes out at 36" inseam. That works for normal sized people but leaves me looking like I'm wearing long shorts, or short pants. Finding tall sized EMS pants is a bit of a challenge.

I've been using ProTuff for a long time because, with a little care, my wife can hem their unhemmed pants to about a 40" inseam. Plus, I like the extra pocket model.

5.11 works fine for my wife - she is short.

5.11 EMS pants come in regular and tall for women.

The 5.11 are horrid. Their sizing is garbage and the pockets are far too low on your legs (and whats the deal with those dumb ankle pockets?). Personally, i prefer Blauer street gear (the ones with the side cargo pockets not the ESU style) - keep their color, fit right and look sharp.

Don't bother with 5.11's EMS pant, like Goose said the pockets suck and they are way too baggy. However, 5.11's Taclite Pro's are awesome.