x129K

2 Kingston City FF's Injured in 2nd Floor Jump

21 posts in this topic

I wish them a speedy recovery. I don’t mean to be insensitive but didn’t they have a bailout system? If they did the fire spread so fast that they couldn’t use it.

ndpemt519 and effd3918 like this

They jumped out of the second floor window onto the porch roof. But since there was snow and ice on it they slid off. If no snow and ice they would of been fine on the porch roof. There injuries are from sliding off of the porch roof not jumping directly out if the window. Speedy recovery to the brothers

BFD1054 likes this

where were the ladders?? I Hope all is well with the brothers but how about placement of ladders? Is it the fact that Kingston FD is understaffed? Once again just asking a few questions. Gladd Everyone is ok

where were the ladders?? I Hope all is well with the brothers but how about placement of ladders? Is it the fact that Kingston FD is understaffed? Once again just asking a few questions. Gladd Everyone is ok

Placing ground ladders for egress takes manpower. Something they don't have up there.

210 and x129K like this

Word is 1 FF having his elbow reconstructed & 1 had a collapsed lung - Keep praying

Edited by JetPhoto

I wish them a speedy recovery. I don’t mean to be insensitive but didn’t they have a bailout system? If they did the fire spread so fast that they couldn’t use it.

No. They will be purchased in 2013. Why not sooner you might ask? It's a long story that is being resolved. I will not divulge into the matter.

JetPhoto, BFD1054 and x129K like this

Yes, we are understaffed. Our minimum manning is 10, which puts 2 on each rig, and that includes the truck.

BFD1054 and x129K like this

Units are back at the scene of a "rekindle", now a 3rd alarm.

Now that sounds suspicious

KINGSTON, N.Y. - City firefighters battled the second blaze in three days at the apartment building at 78 Franklin St. on Monday morning.

Fire Chief John Reinhardt had said investigators were leaning toward classifying the Monday fire as suspicious.

http://dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/12/31/blotter/doc50e1b49c2d021612549615.txt

x129K and JetPhoto like this

I wish the brothers a speedy recovery. I myself was sidelined by a major illness and am only now getting back up to speed so I can appreciate the long road ahead of them. Stay safe!

From Facebook -

Kingston will soon purchase a variety of safety equipment for firefighters using a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, officials said. Mayor Shayne Gallo said that the city has received a $99,396 grant from the federal agency to be used for sorely needed equipment in the fire department. Gallo said the equipment should have been purchased long ago but was not. See more details in Freeman on New Year’s Day and on website.

post-3712-0-12428800-1356999421.jpg

JunebugKFD257 likes this

It was NOT a rekindle. I know these aren't your words but there were members there after midnight into Sunday morning on fire watch. Extensive overhaul was done and all burned contents get thrown out. The word "Rekindle" is not part of this department's way of doing business.

x129K, x4093k, eric12401 and 1 other like this