Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterose313

EMS Station 13 Opened In Manhattan

5 posts in this topic

The FDNY officially opened EMS Station 13 on Jan. 7, which will serve Washington Heights and the surrounding communities.

“Now I know at first it may seem like a simple ribbon cutting ceremony to open a new facility, but this is really the culmination of years of effort by so many in this Department,” Fire Commissioner Salvatore Cassano said. “And today, I’m proud to say this community is safer and better off because of this new station behind me, and because of the caliber of the people who call it home.”

The new station is 3,136 square feet and contains a supply area for advanced and basic life support, a vehicle supply room, a decontamination bay and parking for spare ambulances. It staffs 17 ambulance tours and three EMS officer tours each day. “This is a thriving, dynamic area that deserves the best EMS station,” Chief of Department Edward Kilduff said.

EMS Station 13 Opened In Manhattan

Yeah I have a bunch of friends in this station. When I first started out I was in station 16 which at the time had units from 13 and 16. I started out in Washington Heights and definitely miss working there. Will be exploring transferring to 13 after my surgery. Even if it is another " trailer" station.

Where is this new station located at?

I believe it as 172/Amsterdam ave. If you look at google maps there was an abandoned lot they took.