EFD1883

New Rochelle FD New Apparatus

69 posts in this topic

NRFD Engine 23 Delivered and Placed into Service last week.

First ..nice engine, love the low hose bed. Question,... what is that on the top rear of the engine, looks like a step or some kind of hook ???

First ..nice engine, love the low hose bed. Question,... what is that on the top rear of the engine, looks like a step or some kind of hook ???

Its called an I-Zone Hook.. Very popular on the west cost (I have seen about 6 different versions).

They use it when confronted with a wildfire that threatens multiple homes, when they need to hose down an exposure, then move 1,000 feet up the road to cover another one. They just loop the hose over it like it was a garden hose, then move up the road. Much faster than repacking or rolling it.

We do not have that issue here, but we go out on the highways, and instead of repacking it while out on the road, much safer to get off the highway sooner, and repack it somewhere safe (or warm or dry, etc.).

Also if the last 50 or 100 feet is dirty, its easy to hose it (and the rig off) before packing it back in the bed.

Here is another style:

post-4072-0-45853900-1400068839.jpg

post-4072-0-02280600-1400068851.jpg

E106MKFD and boca1day like this

Thanks Capt., they say you learn something everyday.......??

New Engine 23 Rig in action. Pics from New Ro 10-75 last night at 29 Chester Place. Engine 23 responded as the 4th due engine to the scene as the FAST Team. Not my photos. Photos are from a friend.

post-2562-0-43242200-1400088253.jpg

post-2562-0-11073100-1400088227.jpg

Will there be a wet down for it?

That was the 1st time it rained. Sorry if you missed it.

Note: nothing leaked, so we are starting on a good note.

velcroMedic1987 and x4093k like this

Will there be a wet down for it?

I'm sure there won't be a wet down but I'm sure the guys on north ave. wouldn't mind if any enthusiast stopped by to take a look. Great bunch of guys!

Edited by ltrob
Bottom of Da Hill likes this

Here's a close-up of the hook (different style) that's on Engine 21.

post-11-0-02087100-1400114695.jpg

That was the 1st time it rained. Sorry if you missed it.

Note: nothing leaked, so we are starting on a good note.

What no wetdown? You mean no bringing half million/million dollar apparatus from all around the county away from their jurisdiction just to spray each other with hoses and the siren pedals pegged for 10 mins? shucks..... :rolleyes:

x4093k and FirNaTine like this

Is engine 22 going to be a little different from engine 21 and 23 because engine 22 is a squad isn't ? it has a squad body.

Edited by stixx

Any new additional info and spy shots New Rochelle Fire Depatment New Engine Company 22 and Chief Car 2302?

Is engine 22 going to be a little different from engine 21 and 23 because engine 22 is a squad isn't ? it has a squad body.

E22 is not a squad,it is an engine and acts as such. It has extra compartment space and equipment (primarily hazmat) to be used as needed. Station 2 is considered part of Squad 2 in the WCSOTF.

sfrd18 and x635 like this

E22 is not a squad,it is an engine and acts as such. It has extra compartment space and equipment (primarily hazmat) to be used as needed. Station 2 is considered part of Squad 2 in the WCSOTF.

ok thank you the info

When will the bid's come back for tower ladder 11 ?

Edited by stixx

Of course, all municipalities go out to "Bid" (and we all know how that process works :ph34r: ) and the bid normally is awarded to the Lowest Bidder (provided that more than 1 manufacturer bids on a specific bid request). With New Rochelle, I would suspect that heavy emphasis would be placed on a manufacturer who has had recent success of providing the city with Fire Apparatus, whose "In Service Up-Time" is well above the average (which would make obtaining Parts and keeping the rigs in service much easier). Thus, I would "suspect" (and I certainly might be wrong) that the same manufacturer that has recently supplied New Rochelle with Engine Company 21, 22, 23, and 25 (Spartan/Smeal) would be the vendor of choice (lowest bid dependent, of course)

Of course, all municipalities go out to "Bid" (and we all know how that process works :ph34r: ) and the bid normally is awarded to the Lowest Bidder (provided that more than 1 manufacturer bids on a specific bid request). With New Rochelle, I would suspect that heavy emphasis would be placed on a manufacturer who has had recent success of providing the city with Fire Apparatus, whose "In Service Up-Time" is well above the average (which would make obtaining Parts and keeping the rigs in service much easier). Thus, I would "suspect" (and I certainly might be wrong) that the same manufacturer that has recently supplied New Rochelle with Engine Company 21, 22, 23, and 25 (Spartan/Smeal) would be the vendor of choice (lowest bid dependent, of course)

E25 is a 2008 Pierce Arrow.

Bnechis likes this

When will the bid's come back for tower ladder 11 ?

30 to 60 days after the bid goes out

stixx likes this