EFD1883

New Rochelle FD New Apparatus

69 posts in this topic

With New Rochelle, I would suspect that heavy emphasis would be placed on a manufacturer who has had recent success of providing the city with Fire Apparatus, whose "In Service Up-Time" is well above the average (which would make obtaining Parts and keeping the rigs in service much easier). Thus, I would "suspect" (and I certainly might be wrong) that the same manufacturer that has recently supplied New Rochelle with Engine Company 21, 22, 23, and 25 (Spartan/Smeal) would be the vendor of choice (lowest bid dependent, of course)

in the past 7 years we have purchased 6 rigs from Pierce (E25), SVI (R-4), Smeal(E21-23), & Crimson(L12). Their were 4 bids involved.

We put out a performance spec that quality manufacturers can all meet. We purchase what is determined to be the best value and closest to the specifications. This has not always been the lowest bidder.

30 to 60 days after the bid goes out

ok thanks

in the past 7 years we have purchased 6 rigs from Pierce (E25), SVI (R-4), Smeal(E21-23), & Crimson(L12). Their were 4 bids involved.

We put out a performance spec that quality manufacturers can all meet. We purchase what is determined to be the best value and closest to the specifications. This has not always been the lowest bidder.

Thanks Barry - I knew that you would make everything much clearer. NRFD has for sure, set the pace recently, in ordering and putting into service, fire apparatus that both meet the stringent NRFD specifications as well as getting the "Most Bang For Your Buck" (of course, the American LaFrance rigs being put to the side :) ).

Bnechis and boca1day like this

How does everyone like the Spartans?

Hey Barry when is the new engine 22 going in to servic.hey Barry I got an idea take the soon to be out service engine 22 and give it to the engine 24 crew that would be the engine 24 until the day you replace 24.

How does everyone like the Spartans?

We have Spartan chassis on E21, 22, 23, 17, 18, R4, L-12, TL-11 from Smeal, Crimson, RD Murry, SVI & LTI. We also have other chassis.

The mechanics and members are happy.

boca1day likes this

Barry - Will NRFD be using the former Engine 22 (2004 American LaFrance/RD Murray 1500/500) as the replacement for the current Spare Engine 17 (1998 Spartan/RD Murray 1500/500). And, if so, would NRFD just simply sell the 1998 Spartan/RD Murray off at auction?

PHIL78 likes this

Barry - Will NRFD be using the former Engine 22 (2004 American LaFrance/RD Murray 1500/500) as the replacement for the current Spare Engine 17 (1998 Spartan/RD Murray 1500/500). And, if so, would NRFD just simply sell the 1998 Spartan/RD Murray off at auction?

Yes and Yes