Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

New Orange County orders?

78 posts in this topic

Very nice. Any ETA on delivery?

Port Jervis' referendum passed. They will be ordering a KME 109' rear mount ladder, with delivery expected in "approximately 300 days" according to the news story. KME was the winner out of six bids. Did not specify who the other five were, although based on a couple of details in the RFP, I suspect that a Pierce Arrow XT was a possibility.

Has anyone heard yet who Tuxedo went with?

Greenwood Lake out to bid on a pumper - Spartan/4Guys spec.

Campbell Hall out to bid on a light rescue on an International chassis.

Goshen has a 100' Pierce TL on order, due mid 2013 and is drafting specs to replace the tanker (with a Pierce possibly) rather than refurbish it.

Cornwall-on-Hudson (Storm King) will be taking delivery of a 2000, 75' mid mount platform LTI/ALF on July 15. This is sadly replacing our 1973 Aerialscope:-( however we couldn't afford the outrageous remount prices of $800 to $1mil.

Cornwall-on-Hudson (Storm King) will be taking delivery of a 2000, 75' mid mount platform LTI/ALF on July 15. This is sadly replacing our 1973 Aerialscope:-( however we couldn't afford the outrageous remount prices of $800 to $1mil.

Please don't take this the wrong way but any discussion about the fact a brand new truck is coming to the firehouse 1.5 miles and 4 minutes away?

Wow....if a remount is that expensive now, I wonder what the price point is nowadays for a brand new 'Scope built from scratch. I know many of the departments that went that route did so to save a ton of money and in many cases, that was approx. the cost they were trying to avoid to begin with. In any event, I am glad to hear the Mack will apparently remain intact. Hope it goes to a collector who will continue to preserve it for many years to come.

Wow....if a remount is that expensive now, I wonder what the price point is nowadays for a brand new 'Scope built from scratch. I know many of the departments that went that route did so to save a ton of money and in many cases, that was approx. the cost they were trying to avoid to begin with. In any event, I am glad to hear the Mack will apparently remain intact. Hope it goes to a collector who will continue to preserve it for many years to come.

We traded in the scope unfortunately and it is already sold to another department who wants to remount it. We purchased it in 1995 for $60K from Cocoa Beach Florida FD. Seagrave offered us a new 75' scope for $1.3, FDNY Spec. Our operating budget is about $80K and we are a Village so our funds are very tight compared to all the Fire Districts who are flush with cash.Cornwall will take delivery of their 100ft rearmount Pierce Quint this fall...our 1973 Aerialscope worked 28hours straight at the Mill Fire last year, a true workhorse! Here are photos of the new ride http://commandfireapparatus.com/used-fire-trucks-for-sale/?2000-ALF-LTI-75-Midmount-Aerial-Platform-288 Former Deer Park, Long Island.

I see Goshen's TL is complete, is it delivered yet?

I don't think so, although 937 is on the "out of service" listing. Not sure if it's actually out for repairs or retired and awaiting replacement. Ditto Fort Montgomery's tanker...wonder how far along that is?

Shame to hear about 413. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the reasoning behind doing the remount thing. It's just sad when it happens to a rig that otherwise appears to be in great shape and/or is well cared for, especially when there's plenty of other 'Scopes sitting in various scrapyards that could be used as donors instead. I still cringe when I think of the pic of the remnants of Bethpage's Mack "out back" at Seagrave. Oh well.... Best of luck with the new ALF. Deer Park, huh? How ironic....that was replaced with a new 95-foot Seagrave Aerialscope. Looking forward to seeing the new rig around sometime.

About 413: it still is a great truck and has served us well through the years. But it is 40 years old. It is starting to show its age on closer inspection. Parts are getting harder to find. It's the oldest first line rig in the county, other than maybe a few of the surplus brush trucks. It's just time to replace before it breaks down when needed.

SKE#2HAHN likes this

Florida seeking bids for a commercial 4x4 medium duty rescue.

Pocatello out to bid on a tanker.

Mechanicstown has a Seagrave pumper on order.

Stewart AFB has 2 Ford F550 RIV units on order.

Legal notices from the past week or so:

Maybrook seeking bids for another new engine.

Salisbury Mills seeking approval to spend $325K on a ladder (or tower) truck and related equipment.

Sailsbury is purchasing a 75ft Sutphen from Greensboro NC I beleive

Washingtonvilles Engines should be in any week now

Tuxedos twins went out to bid

Monroes quint is out to bid

John107 likes this

Saw the legal notice a couple of weeks back for Monroe. Is this a downsized replacement for 538, or a replacement - or addition - elsewhere in the district?

Also, Fort Montgomery's new tanker should be delivered in about a month.

Monroe 75 ft replacing the 2500 gal tanker at station 1(mombasha);Salisbury mills ladder is a 70 ft sutphen mid mount

Is there any specific reason that Silver Lake put the Ferrara engine as 158 since the pierce was 157, future plans to add something else in the future?

KME won the bid for Tuxedo Engine 566 i would assume there other engine will be KME as well but nothing was said

Is there any specific reason that Silver Lake put the Ferrara engine as 158 since the pierce was 157, future plans to add something else in the future?

Not sure why, but it's not the first time they've done that, nor are they they only department in the county that does. The practice does seem exclusive to engines, though.

When they got the Pierce, it was a replacement for 156. The current 156 was the replacement for 159. I am a bit puzzled as to why they chose 158, as that is/was the number assigned to their antique Mack pumper.

Maybrook and Washingtonville flip-flop numbers around as well. Maybrook's 218 was replaced by 210, and in about six months, if all goes well, they'll have another new engine which will replace 215 and be called (ironically enough) 218. Wash'ville replaced 580 with 583, and the soon to be delivered replacement for 582 is going to be called 584.

Regarding Tuxedo, both new rigs are supposed to be the same manufacturer, and it's whoever got the low bid. So, unless there has been a change of plans, both will apparently be KME.

Fort Montgomery's new tanker is featured on KME's Facebook page, and may be on the New Deliveries page of their website as well.

Updates: Washingtonville's Ferrara engine has been delivered and, if I'm not mistaken, is now in service. Cornwall's new Pierce quint has started production. Goshen is seeking bids for a 3000 gallon pumper-tanker.

Not that this is new, but did anybody know that West Point FD got a second ladder (T-466) about a year ago? It's a pierce 65' straight stick quint, former Fort Monmouth Engine 3.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152232624415537&set=pb.277336965536.-2207520000.1384066727.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152232622315537&set=pb.277336965536.-2207520000.1384066727.&type=3&theater

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstates/Monmouth%20County/Fort%20Monmouth.htm

Edited by EMT111

Dan Leghorn (Orange Lake) is supposed to take delivery of the new KME engine on Monday. Winona Lake's KME has been ordered. ETA end of February or early March.

Thanks for the info!

Couple others I forgot.... Source at Tuxedo told me "next June" for their two KMEs, but didn't specify if that was delivery or wetdown...or both. Also, Mechanicstown will take delivery of a new Seagrave engine in the second half of next year.

What is Winona Lake replacing? And I thought they liked Pierce as they had just "standardized" their fleet.

What is Winona Lake replacing? And I thought they liked Pierce as they had just "standardized" their fleet.

From what I heard Winona Lake is replacing E-320. Winona Lake is part of the Orange Lake fire district and both departments were fully pierce til 2010, when Winona Lake got their pierce heavy rescue and Dan Leghorn got a KME tanker. It maybe that the Orange Lake fire district has decided to go with a KME fleet now, as a number of departments seem to be heading towards KME fleets, i.e. Middletown, Pine Island, Walden, Warwick, etc.