Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hartsdale Still Borrowing Mount Vernon TL-3?

31 posts in this topic

Saw Mount Vernon Spare Ladder 3, the 1988 E-One 95' RM on Central Ave the other day....Hartsdale has been borrowing it from them since 2011...are they still?

Seth - I believe that Hartsdale still is borrowing MVFD's Old Ladder 3 (formally spare Ladder 4)

I saw TL-15 up in Patterson, at Zotollas Repair back in December? I can swing by tomorrow and see if it is still there

post-917-0-10547900-1366644435.jpg

Hartsdale was using the former New Fairfield Truck 4 for a while, weren't they? I had heard it finally kicked the bucket but I didn't know where/when/why.

Smashed into a box truck [ no brakes] a few years ago taking out the ladder overhang, It is now lajunk!

Smashed into a box truck [ no brakes] a few years ago taking out the ladder overhang, It is now lajunk!

Damned shame, I loved that rig. Pierce did a good job refurbishing it when we picked it up from Newtown.

I think HFD bought FDMV's old spare E One Ladder formely FDMV L3 I believe. Love to know how much they got for it.

Didn't Hartsdale at one time have plans on refurbishing the former TL 15?

PCFD ENG58, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:47, said:

Actually one of the Commissioner’s sons that is a career firefighter there backed it into a wall at the station, aside from the fact it was faulty from the start and never repaired correctly.

And why would it be in Patterson? Isn't that where the department's (HFD) firefighter who also gets paid as the department mechanic lives? And it's his buddies shop there in Patterson? And this same FF (and his brother) transferred to Hartsdale FD from Mount Vernon FD. Wonder who actually owns it now? Weird coincidences.

Getting $5,000 for MVFD L-3 which is most likely worth much,much more then that even in scrap, and also aqquring the old TL-15....someone is making some very good money twice off this deal!!

x129K likes this

Actually one of the Commissioner’s sons that is a career firefighter there backed it into a wall at the station, aside from the fact it was faulty from the start and never repaired correctly.

And why would it be in Patterson? Isn't that where the department's (HFD) firefighter who also gets paid as the department mechanic lives? And it's his buddies shop there in Patterson? And this same FF (and his brother) transferred to Hartsdale FD from Mount Vernon FD. Wonder who actually owns it now? Weird coincidences.

Getting $5,000 for MVFD L-3 which is most likely worth much,much more then that even in scrap, and also aqquring the old TL-15....someone is making some very good money twice off this deal!!

$5,000? That's it? Probably worth at least $20,000 in metal. Whose running that $uck shop in MT.Vernon! No wonder why they're broke!

Edited by FirNaTine
x129K likes this

So, IF Hartsdale really did buy the truck for $5,000 dollars...I assume it's only for an interim until there can buy a newer one-from what I understand they like it and it works well from them. But being that it is 30+ years old serving in Mount Vernon for most of it's life, it must be in great condition for them to keep it that long, and wouldn't it be better then the West Harrison Aerialscope they still keep in the back of Station 3?

BUT, when Hartsdale replaces it, and let's say they scrap it at the high prices on aluminum nowdays.....especially the ladder...whoever does that is going to make a fortune. Is there a clause in the contract with MVFD on that?

Doe anyone from Hartsdale know when they will be able to afford a new ladder? It seems to be a mum subject.

Here's another thread from 2011 on the subject for more context and insight:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/38302-the-status-of-hartsdales-truck-company-aka-tl-15/page-2?hl=%2Bhartsdale+%2B15#entry236726

FirNaTine likes this

Seth... Thought you only allowed true statements on this website... this entire thread is incorrect, none of the information is accurate. I think discontinuing would be wise..

thank you...

KG-

Seth... Thought you only allowed true statements on this website... this entire thread is incorrect, none of the information is accurate. I think discontinuing would be wise..

thank you...

KG-

So, by saying none of this is true, you are stating against obvious fact that Hartsdale has not bought, rented/leased and is in no way still borrowing, or borrowed, MVFD's TL? Is it not 30 years old? Did Hartsdale borrow it in 2011? Again, you are denying all this which is proven fact?

If you're so concerned about people getting the facts right, then why not just give us the facts and put this to rest? What is the big secret?

SETH,

well im glad you pointed out 3 things that are truth... thus proving that you are aware that the other info that you posted or allowed to be posted is false.... awsome.. to gain further information I think you should call over there. Im sure they would love to hear from an ex-employee.

stay safe..test your alarm systems and smoke detectors.....

kg-

Not in Patterson any longer. Where is TL15, the world wonders

Sorry folks, but I have to make this statement. As being a long time member of EMTBravo. The somewhat "Cult Like" Inner-Sectums, Local Politicis, and what appears to be by many in the public as the "Good Old Boys' Club, among many many Paid, Combo and All Volunteer Fire Departments, not only in Westchester County, but throughout the county, makes many people sick to their stomachs.

One set of rules for one, another set of rules for others and god forbid if the two should cross. Then you get the "VERY UNPROFESSIONAL" jabs, pokes, barbs, and in some cases downright cruel bullying by many, some of which are either current long time Firefighting Professionals/Officers or retired Firefighting Professionals/Officers.

People would much rather read about and see a harmonious collaboroation between "Brothers" and others outside of the rank n' file, who love and respect the profession, rather than read about people accusing others of making false statements and/or assuming things that may be true or may not be true. These back n' forth cross jabbing on various posts here on EMTBravo.net, is starting to turn many many long time members away from this site.

We all, as members of EMTBravo, have a responsibility to everyone on this site to make it Educational, Informatiive and most importantly FUN !!! AND, "Check Your Egos At The Door"

Finally, as the late Jack Webb once said "Just the Facts, Just the Facts"

Edited by 61MACKBR1
RescueKujo and peterose313 like this

this entire thread is incorrect, none of the information is accurate.

well im glad you pointed out 3 things that are truth

Which is it? The entire thread is incorrect, or only three things are true? And which three things?

And the initial question was simple, is Hartsdale still borrowing MVFD's Ladder or not? I stand by my questions, they are valid.

Well, you can always call and ask. Why speculate when you can get the information straight from the horse's mouth?

peterose313 likes this

Well, you can always call and ask. Why speculate when you can get the information straight from the horse's mouth?

You can always call anyone about anything. That would make this website, as well as thousands of others, obsolete. I initially asked if Hartsdale was still borrowing MVFD TL-3.....it's a yes or no question.

My secondary question is that, if Hartsdale ever trades it in for a new Ladder, who gets the funds, Hartsdale or Mount Vernon?

I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

billy98988, M' Ave and FirNaTine like this

Hey at least they know whose got it Seth, not like the questionable disappearance of the old Ford Rescue that mysteriously ended up in a scrap yard. Lotta shady things go on in the Vern!

x129K likes this

. Not 100% sure... You might want to validate the claim yourself... From the horses mouth

Stay safe-

Hope this helps everyone and is able to close this case once and for all on Hartsdale fire dept's site in the apparatus section they have added a post repair photo that would lead me to think that TL 15 is back using the FWD

The answer is YES. Saw it respongding this weekend on central ave. In regards to TLS 15 heard it was going to seagrave for extensive work.

I saw Tower Ladder 15 this morning responding in Fairview's Fire District to an inside odor of smoke on Juniper Hill , due to Fairviews Ladder being at kme for a new paint job. The FWD is back , I asked and apparently they got it back last week , and they bought Mount Vernons TL and will be keeping it as a reserve , I'm going to try and get up there soon and try to get a photo shoot of Hartsdale's Apparatus , If I do I will post the pic on here.

Well, Hartsdale now has officially two tower ladders. (FOIL documents I was able to examine)

post-11-0-73861000-1375731446.jpg

post-11-0-39692100-1375731588.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Hartsdales tower ladder is back in service, and has been for a few months....

Hartsdales tower ladder is back in service, and has been for a few months....

I'm aware. Now they have a second tower ladder as well, which they purchased from Mount Vernon for $5000 and is now officially theirs.

Are they going to keep it as is or are they going to re-paint it to their colors and put their decals on the truck?

61MACKBR1 likes this