Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack10562

Cell-Phone Belt Pouch

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a durable belt-clip pouch for my iPhone (4s), that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I had a universal case from Verizon that cost $20 at BJ's and until recently I thought was pretty decent, but it only lasted 7 months and now the clip gave out.

I don't need a case with a swivel clip, in fact I would prefer a fixed loop to pass the belt through. Either a velcro or magnetic case closure is OK.

And it doesn't have to be Military grade, but that might be something worth looking into.

What do you guys use/Like?

I have an Otter Box that I love. Its extremely durable as I have dropped it countless times with zero damage (I also have a 4S...anyone that has one has heard horror stories about how fragile that they can be and how much they cost to replace). The Otter Box used to cost about $50 from the cell phone carrier. However, amazon.com now carries them for somewhere between $16 and $23 depending on which color/design that you choose. I know it is not exactly what you are looking for as it has a belt clip with a swivel and does not allow you to pass your belt through a holster but I am extremely satisfied with mine. For the cost you can't go wrong trying one out.

jack10562 likes this

Funny your brought this up. I have been searching...and searching for a case for my HTC One X with Otterbox Defender. I found one really cheaply made one on Aamazon, but it fell apart.

I wish Nite-Eyze, Bucket Boss, Rugged, B&D or someone would offer a bigger pouch.

I have an Otterbox Defender case for my smart phone, but I didn't care for the belt clip...it didn't seem very secure. In addition, I wanted a pouch style case that I could put the phone with the Otterbox on it in. I found a case by RipOffs. They make multiple sizes for phones, cameras, radios,... They're very durable, and inexpensive.

jack10562 likes this

Desantis makes some velcro/belt clip phone pouches. The only issue is an Iphone 5 with an otterbox case is too big for their iphone case, but it fit my 3gs fine, and I guess a 4s shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/CELL-PHONE-HOLSTERS

Edited by islander
jack10562 likes this

I like the construction look of the desantis line, but I would prefer a landscape layout.

The LifeProof case for iPhone has served me well but it is pretty large/bulky. Being water, shock, and dust/dirt proof though does have its advantages. Comes with a belt clip that allows it to be worn at any angle.

jack10562 likes this

I'll have to give some thought about the LifeProof case.

It seems to have many advantages, with kayaking and responding to marine mammal strandings and whatnot in my spare time.

I would really like to see one of these in-person before buying it.

Lifeproof is great. The clip for my iphone 5 even locks to prevent it from falling out accidentally.