Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RITRobotoX

Need Help for Assistance in Getting Incident Info For My Aunt's Serious MVA

12 posts in this topic

Yesterday morning, on her morning commute, my aunt, ***********, was involved in a head-on MVA, somewhere between her home in Carmel, NY and her job as a state pysch nurse*****************. She was unconscious when she was transported to Westchester Medical Center and hasn't been conscious since. No one contacted the family until many hours later, after several surgeries and she's still in the Trauma ICU on a ventilator.

My uncle and cousin are obviously pre-occupied, at her bedside.

I however am stuck at work.

I'm trying to help them out by finding out which agency has the incident report.

I just want to find out which agency HAS the report, to save my very pre-occupied uncle some leg work.

No one at the hospital has been able to tell them the details of the accident and my family doesn't even know exactly where it happened.

They haven't even been able to tell anyone which EMS agency brought her in. Apparently, that's not on any form or computer database that ANYONE at Westchester Medical Center that either I, my uncle or my cousin has been able to ask. Trust me, I spent an hour on the phone following her paperwork through the system.

Here's where I could really use your help:

I just need to know of any serious MVAs w/ transport to Westchester Medical Center, yesterday, Wednesday, May 8th between 6 and 10AM, somewhere between Carmel, NY and Peekskill, NY. She usually takes Route 301 to Peekskill Hollow Road to Oregon Road to Route 6. She works in an office right on Route 6 in Peekskill.

So far, I've talked to:

*Nearly everyone at Westchester Medical Center

*Putnam County Sherriffs Office (can't help further without name of EMS Agency)

*NY State Police - Troop K Zone 3 - Mohegan Lake

*Peekskill Police Department

*Her car insurance company

None of them has any record of an MVA as I described.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

--Josh Karpoff

RES18CUE

Member of Croton Fire Patrol Co, No. 1

Croton Fire Department

Well it usually takes 5 to 7 business days for accident reports to get entered (possibly longer if a reconstruction was done).

Have you tried calling 60-control or TMC, if the accident happened in Westchester County, or if they got the original 911 call.

I'm assuming one of you three is next of kin, so legally releasing information to that person shouldn't be a problem. Also, have you looked for newspaper articles? usually serious MVA's get at least a small article that should have the name of the fire company, ambulance service and police department in it

Got to love electronic PCR's! And this is why EMS needs to make sure that PCR gets to the right place, and the facility knows to place it in the Pt's chart. Sorry about that.

Have you tried the editor of the Putnam-Brewster Patch? She may have some information or connections on where to get it? Here is her email: ashley.tarr@patch.com

Or Peekskill Patch:
Editor Rasheed Oluwa rasheed.oluwa@patch.com

I'm really hoping one of our many members were monitoring the scanner or radios at work and heard something and can help.

These are the agencies for the route she traveled:

Carmel VAC: (845) 490-4146

Mohegan VAC: (914) 526-0823

Peekskill VAC EMS: (914) 737-5310

Peeksill-Cortlandt Paramedics: SSheridan@cityofpeekskill.com

Cortlandt VAC EMS: (914) 739-0881

Yorktown VAC: (914) 469-5197

Empress EMS (ALS Flycar): 1888-965-5040 x 0

Frank Becccera Jr, legendary Journal News Photographer and monitors the scanner 24/7: FBECERRA@lohud.com

I'm sorry you're having this problem, I've been a victim of this situation before. I'm calling some contacts to see if I can help you. If I can, I'll PM you.

A couple Putnam Valley guys I know didn't get a text about a call so you can prob rule out PV.

I heard a job yesterday, car vs telephone pole. Only picked up on part of the job but if memory serves me correctly it was in Yorktown with YFD, YVAC and 34 Medic. You might want to try that direction. Also not sure if 60 Control can help you (not sure about legalities involved) but if you have her admit time they may be able to do a CAD search for MVA's that occurred in that time period.

Edited by PEMO3

Everyone, thank you for your efforts, it is very much appreciated.

I found out that the responding police agency was Yorktown PD.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

--Josh Karpoff

peterose313 likes this

PS My aunt is doing much better, she's awake and alert. Her color has returned and most of her vitals are good. She's still on a ventilator in the Trauma ICU, but she's definitely doing a lot better than she was yesterday.

Glad to hear she is recovering, thoughts and prayers. I've worked and been a patient at WMC, so if you have a question about something like food in the area that's not Au Bon Pain let me know.

tunaFish likes this

Now that you have the answer, you or an admin should go back and delete her name. No reason that needs to be out there.

Now that you have the answer, you or an admin should go back and delete her name. No reason that needs to be out there.

Done.

provfd likes this