PC_420

Westchester Dispatcher Test June 1st - Have The Results Been Mailed Yet

42 posts in this topic

I applied for the Westchester Dispatcher test but haven't received the usual letter for where and what times. Is anyone else taking the test and did you receive anything yet?

I think I read that the test was in November...maybe that was just the filing period. I think I remember the test always being held in June though.

Test is June 1st. you should have recieved the admission form by now.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for the test scores to come out?

Although it can range anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, I wouldn't count on seeing anything for at least a month. In my experience the key to the civil service process is patience.

Anyone know how many they could hire from this test?

The old list expires Jan 2014

I wouldn't expect the final results until the performance test (typing) is completed.

Has anyone gotten their typing admission notice, or disqualification notice yet?

Anyone know anything about any of the other counties? I took mine in Orange on the same date

effd3918 likes this

I got my letters for the typing test for Westchester, but my score was not on the letters. Obviously I passed the exam if I got these letters for the typing test.

I also took Orange & Dutchess County exams, have not heard anything yet.

effd3918 likes this

Good luck everyone.

A few of my buddies got the typing notice for the test. Not sure what the qualifying word per minute score is. Somebody told them to also keep an eye out for the food consumption evaluation test notice. I think the minimum qualifications are 4 meals and/or snacks before lunch time.

Bottom of Da Hill, jps385 and effd3918 like this

20 wpm at 97% accuracy...its a verryyy minimal requirment

Anyone know how many they are looking to hire?

i was told by a friend who works for w/c 911 they will be hireing at least 3 as soon as test results are out from this test that was just given

and they are done and have been sent out

I wouldn't expect the eligible list to be established until September.

60 Control hiring 3 or County PD?

List is out.. Good luck to everyone

Did Westchester give the typing test yet? Orange is saying it could be six months from June (December) before we even get our scores and told when the typing test is

Westchester gave the typing test 3 weeks ago. Orange has yet to send out our scores or hold the typing test. Dutchess County sent out the scores already. The typing test for Dutchess is coming up in the beginning of October.

19th on the list for Comm Operator

30th on the list for PD

I hope they hire more than 3. Funny how the same test diiferent time frames amongst areas. Did they start interviewing the first 3 yet?

Anyone have any details with this test? Do they have a start date etc in mind?

Canvass letters need to be distributed to the reachable candidates. Prepare to wait...................

Orange county dispatcher exam results were mailed along with the info to take the typing test, PSD results have not however. Good luck to any and all who are typing and interviewing.

So far, I have only received by grade for the "DISPATCHER" exam for Orange County. I have yet to receive my grade for the " PUBLIC SAFETY" exam that I took at the same time.

Since I took the typing exam for Westchester, I sent a copy of proof to OC that I passed the typing test from Westchester and they waived the typing test for me.