Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geppetto

Greenwich FD Hiring

17 posts in this topic

Does anybody know how many Greenwich is looking to hire?

Does anybody know how many Greenwich is looking to hire?

I believe it is unknown as of right now. Greenwich FD currently runs 6 Engines(E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E8) and 1 Truck(T1) out of 6 Firehouses shared with volunteer fire companies, and do around 4,000 calls annually(no EMS). Three of those Engine Co.'s run with a crew of four, while the other three run with a crew of two. The Truck Co. runs with a crew of three. There have been talks of opening a new firehouse in the northwestern section of town, thus adding another Engine Co.(E9). There have been talks of adding two additional members per shift to each of the Engines running with only two, so that each GFD paid Engine Co. runs with a crew of four. Also, if Engine 9 is opened, that will likely add another four man crew per shift.

Town of Greenwich Employment Opportunity Website:

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/greenwichct/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=683302&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%2D1%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND%5FKEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E

Greenwich Firefighters IAFF Local 1042:

http://greenwichfire.org/

Irons likes this

Doesn't say anything about residency requirement. So I'm assuming that there is none

Doesn't say anything about residency requirement. So I'm assuming that there is none

I'm pretty sure they don't, but do not quote me on that.

Residency is not a requirement. However I do believe you have to have a valid CT drivers license by the time you are hired, which should be listed on the job description.

Also those on Engine 5 do cross staff Rescue 5 as needed.

According to the link, written exam is scheduled for Saturday September 14th. Oral is scheduled for the week of November 11th.

Does anyone have any guide recommendations for the written test? Thanks

Maybe I overlooked I'm not sure, but what's the format for the written test?

Can anyone who just recently filed for the cpat and greenwich test tell me how they proved they were registered for the cpat? Thank you in advance

Irons likes this

Today is the last day for applications to be turned in, no later than 4 p.m.(from a GFD member).

Today is the last day for applications to be turned in, no later than 4 p.m.(from a GFD member).

will they take mine anyway next week? which english is used for the test If I speak bawstun englsh will they give me a translater? how about Aussie English mate? seriously fellas... :rolleyes:

Anybody know whats going to be on the written test???

Questions, lots of Questions, all on some sort of paper with ink lots of ink ! What kind of answers to you think you were going to get here ?

Danger likes this