spin_the_wheel

Vintage Westchester apparatus

131 posts in this topic

Not Westchester but close....Greenwich CT 77 Seagrave 100 ft. photo by Glen Vincent

fd-west-seagravegreewich_zps00ced9c6.jpg

Add on order from FDNY contract It's a 1976 Seagrave. My uncle was a Chief in Central when this was orderd. Edited by PCFD ENG58
sfrd18 likes this

On the slide it says 1965 Mack C/1982 E-One....did Golden's Bridge refurb this truck at some point? photo Glenn Vincent

fd-west-goldensc_zps081ed2c7.jpg

Add on order from FDNY contract It's a 1976 Seagrave. My uncle was a Chief in Central when this was orderd.

Thanks for the info, and it does look like a city rig!

Not Westchester but close....Greenwich CT 77 Seagrave 100 ft. photo by Glen Vincent

fd-west-seagravegreewich_zps00ced9c6.jpg

Thanks for the info and it does look like a city rig at that!

fire2141, RJB896 and BFD1054 like this

Any Vintage Mount Vernon or Yonkers FD Rigs from the 1960's and 1970's on the horizon?

For the Greenwich photo, Ladder 10 was one of two Ladders at the Central Firehouse. "Central" was and still is GFD HQ. It houses the paid GFD and three volunteer fire companies: Amogerone Vol. Fire Co. 1, Vol. Hose & Chemical Co. 2, and the Fire Patrol. At the time, the GFD ran an Engine and Ladder, Vol. Hose & Chemical ran an Engine or two, and Amogerone ran a Ladder(and a Seagrave tiller at one time). I believe Ladder 10 was Amogerone's volunteer piece.

Today, Central(prior to it's rehab. that is still ongoing), housed the paid GFD Engine 1, Tower 1, Special Ops. 1(Command Center), and the Deputy as well as Amogerone FD Squad 1, an air and light unit. Recently, Vol. Hose & Chemical purchased a small utility truck that they're using.

Any Vintage Mount Vernon or Yonkers FD Rigs from the 1960's and 1970's on the horizon?

No Yonkers, maybe the vern.

No Yonkers, maybe the vern.

Any photos of Rye apparatus in that box?

That is definately the Classic 1958 Ward LaFrance Engine 6 (The one with the Eagle Embalems that were gold leafed on both the side doors of the rig). Can't tell if the other Engine Company photographed with Engine 6 was a Ward LaFrance or one of the ALF's (Can tell from the Circle Embalem on the rear what Engine Company that one was from).

Does anyone have any ideas what Engine Company that was?

Wow! Do you know what company this is? Washington Engine??

why would you leave john kelly.s name cropt out of photo and sticker?what a disrespectfull thing to do.

How are they making out with that restore, any progress or still going backward ?

85% done and its back in there station looks and runs great will try to get some new photo.s posted.

That is definately the Classic 1958 Ward LaFrance Engine 6 (The one with the Eagle Embalems that were gold leafed on both the side doors of the rig). Can't tell if the other Engine Company photographed with Engine 6 was a Ward LaFrance or one of the ALF's (Can tell from the Circle Embalem on the rear what Engine Company that one was from).

Does anyone have any ideas what Engine Company that was? That other engine is a 800 Amercan LaFrance 1957 till1958 , full body compartments with older cab [1948 till 1958]

I know this has been mentioned before but it's odd the older engine is the one with the enclosed cab. And they're both Seagraves to boot!

GetAttachmentCAGZ4TPR.jpg

1939 Seagrave Engine 138

scan00013.jpg

1946 Seagrave Engine 139

16fire5 yes that was a major failure, it was dec 4th 1971 the rig got delivered earlier that year, was operating at a 3 story apt building when it failed. There was 1 firefighter on the stick who rode the ladder down, luckily it twisted away from the fire instead of just falling straight into the fire otherwise we would have had an LODD. Of course being that Croton is suck a thriving metropolis rumors abounded that the FF died. For several months we had the only 25' stick. Cause went back and forth between the mfr and the village with no blame found on either parties part.

any idea if that rig from croton is still around

KJ8806 When we replaced with our current TL in 2002 the village donated it to the Upper Jay FD, I have no idea if it is still in service.

I hope you were talking about the ladder truck KJ

nice photo of verplanck's rescue...not sure where it ended up but if someone from the point is around maybe then can he you out. I'll even ask around to see if anyone knows where it went.

Not Westchester but close enough....plus a neat rig. Mahopac LTI Oshkosh Ladder East Meadow and Lynbrook in my neck of the woods had one of these.

fd-west-mahopacLTI_zps89d311f6.jpg

BFD1054, sfrd18 and FF398 like this

Thank For The Walk Down Memory Lane. I Remember A Long Of This Old Rigs Especially Rescue 18 From Croton A Friend Of Mine Owned It In VA. Before Selling To Someone In CT. Rode In It When It Was In Service & In VA. Keep The Pics Come

Edited by HeavyRescueMan80