Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Kisco FD IFCO Donates Former Engine To Broome, NY FD

12 posts in this topic

Town of Broome, NY Volunteer FD in Schoharie County had a lot of equipment damaged in the floods of 2011. Kudos MKFD IFCO.

Donated fire truck to Town Of Broome VFD (Upstate NY)
Today, Bob Mohlenbrok, Amy Wilber Wayman and Jason Wayman headed to Mt. Kisco New York to retrieve a fire truck that was sold to the Town of Broome VFD for $1. The members there were sad to see it go, but happy it was going to a new home. We are excited to have it and cannot thank the Independent Fire Co. #13 of Mt. Kisco enough for their generous donation.

Seth, there is no Town of Broome Fire Dept . The Town of Broome in Schoharie county is covered by the Livingstonville vol fire dept on route 145. Maybe the town of Broome from Broome County futher west in the state ?

I'm not sure actually. All I know is New York. I really know nothing about the separate states of Upstate New York and Long Island, lol. I Googled it so I probably screwed it up and you are right.

WCFCX613 likes this

It's the Town Of Broome Volunteer Fire Department in Middleburgh, NY that was devastated by Hurricane Irene a couple years ago from what I understand. It was donated for $1.

Edited by peterose313

It's the Town Of Broome Volunteer Fire Department in Middleburgh, NY that was devastated by Hurricane Irene a couple years ago from what I understand. It was donated for $1.

There is no town of Broome Fire Dept and Middleburgh is The Middleburgh fire dept , I Have had a home/hunting camp there from1957 they have good new front line rigs !

ok up date , as I was telling this to wife she told me that she passed a Mount Kisco rig on 145 northbound on saturday late afternoon. Will be going up on Friday and will look in the windows of Livingstonville and see if is there.

Edited by PCFD ENG58

How about going to Independent's site to read about the news of it donating the truck then?

http://ifco13.com/apps/public/news/newsView.cfm?News_ID=193

And here it the Town of Broom Fire Department's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-of-Broome-Fire-Department/251933044929452

Edited by IzzyEng4

How about going to Independent's site to read about the news of it donating the truck then?

http://ifco13.com/apps/public/news/newsView.cfm?News_ID=193

And here it the Town of Broom Fire Department's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-of-Broome-Fire-Department/251933044929452

That's actually where I got my info from, combined with IFCO's facebook page.

Very generous offer, although it probably would have ended up as scrap if sold to the highest bidder. Here is the last photo I got of it during the 2013 Mt Kisco FD parade. May it give its new owners many years of safe operation

post-917-0-97606400-1376628606.jpg

peterose313 likes this

Sorry I could not get a better shot of the old 105 as it was packed in like a sardine. All the bays are full so it was parked in the middle of a wall. Chances of getting a better shot will be hard as they don't get many run's in Livingstonville New York.

post-289-0-81274500-1376866106.jpg

peterose313 likes this

Glad to see it stay in New York state. As I said many times here the upstate boy's really need our help.

post-289-0-20953700-1376866675.jpg

peterose313 likes this