Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

NYSP Trooper Shift Schedules?

8 posts in this topic

The schedule rotates from days to nights, the NYSP does not have a designated or permanent shift policy and all members are required to work days and nights.

The schedule rotates from days to nights, the NYSP does not have a designated or permanent shift policy and all members are required to work days and nights.

Actually, there are countless Members who work steady shifts, whether it be days, nights, or flex shifts. These Members work steady tours and rarely have to switch for a special reason. Example, a straight night guy need to work a day shift twice annually for Firearms dates.

On an unrelated note, for those planning to work in Westchester, Rockland, Long Island & NYC, add on roughly 10K a year to the listed base salaries for "Location Pay".

x129K likes this

INIT915, maybe in your Troop or Zone thats the case, but where in mine we all get bounced around like ping pong balls due to manpower and other issues. I'd love a steady work schedule. Be safe!

INIT915, maybe in your Troop or Zone thats the case, but where in mine we all get bounced around like ping pong balls due to manpower and other issues. I'd love a steady work schedule. Be safe!

It is. We have countless people on set shifts. I'd dare to say it's more common than not. All depends on the relationship with your Station Commander.

How often does it rotate? 14 days?

How often does it rotate? 14 days?

There is no set answer to that. It varies widely by Troop and even by Station, meaning two stations in the same Troop will have two different approches. As I mentioned, there are Stations where there is little to no rotation, others that rotate every 28 days, others every 14 days, and yet others that rotate randomly.