v85

Anti-Police Headline by Times Herald Record?

9 posts in this topic

What do you think?

www.recordonline.com

Is it "tragic" that a gun wielding EDP was subdued by State Police before he had the chance to hurt a trooper or an innocent person?

Does being despondent about a life changing event, such as a divorce, really make one an EDP?

Or was there a HISTORY of mental illness?

Edited by x129K
velcroMedic1987 likes this

What do you think?

www.recordonline.com

Is it "tragic" that a gun wielding EDP was subdued by State Police before he had the chance to hurt a trooper or an innocent person?

Subdued might be slightly understating it? Some EDP dies, and it is likely tragic as not every EDP is a POS or common criminal, so I'd say the headline is probably true. The trooper will likely second guess himself as taking a life isn't as easy as it seems on TV. Someone's child is dead. None of this means the trooped had any other option or that his actions weren't exactly right, it may be that sometimes we look to hard for controversy? Clearly the outcome is far better when the person causing the issue is the only one hurt or killer, but certainly still may be tragic. now if the guy was a true POS, then I'd say not so tragic.

velcroMedic1987 and BFD1054 like this

I don't really see how it's anti-police. The written article was very factual, and the only time they used the word tragic was on the record newswatch. They also went on to say that the troopers tried to use non-lethal methods to bring him into custody and only fired once he became an imminent threat to them. If they were trying to make it anti-police, they wouldn't have included any of that.

peterose313 likes this

I think the New York State Police did everything they could to avoid taking a life.

No Police Officer ever wants to do that.

Things went from bad to very bad in a second. That second is all a Police Officer has

to make a decision.

Perhaps "CHiPs" or "T.J. Hooker" would have only thrown a batton at him but this real life.

What happened is very sad. God bless Mr. Terzani.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/videonetwork/2618913686001?odyssey=mod|tvideo2|article

antiquefirelt likes this

As always there will be second guessing towards the troopers. I believe they did everything humanly possible to take this person into custody without incident. Once he pointed a gun at a trooper that changed the incident and the police did what they had to do.

Monday morning quarterbacking a job becomes second nature but this is one of those times that one needs to look at the big picture. This "EDP" was armed and dangerous. If they decided to wait it out and in turn a trooper, civilian or other responder was injured or killed both the Record and this site would be asking the question "should the troopers have used deadly force and terminated the scenario sooner". These people are classified as EDP sometimes based on history and other times based on current actions but either was they are unpredictable and difficult by nature. People forget that the term EDP mean "emotional disturbed person" not crazy or insane person so the term EDP fits here.

x129K, fireguy30 and jmv3085 like this

one will never know all the facts that took place in EastFiskill we all know the news sometimes only puts out bits and pieces and leave stuff out and or screw it up themselves i will say this when the guy was tazed 3 times by 3 diff tazers and turned and pointed a gun at the cop wrong thing to do its called suicide by cop if you dont go down ater 3 times your on something and if i was the cop i would have shot him myself ill take your life before you take mine 1 thing you learn when you carry a gun and are put on the spot you either use it or you don't and if you don't wanna use it don't carry 1 im not saying what happen was right or wrong but we are no one to judge what happen unless we were there