Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Croton FAST Ladder Ops At Ossining Fire

8 posts in this topic

As x129k would say, "Strong Work"!

From the Bedford Hills FD Facebook Page:

Hats off to the Ossining Fire Department and the Croton On Hudson FD, FAS Team for excellent ground ladder placement at this mornings 10-75. Ensuring safe egress for all of the members on the Fireground!!!!

Photo credit: Firefighter Chris Rinaldi. Squad Company 119

post-11-0-46731600-1377184287.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bedford-Hills-Fire-Department/204784256216315

billy98988, x129K, xchief2x and 4 others like this

Nice job.

Had this conversation on Monday. What if was leaving station for FAST and there was an open seat, would I leave a probationary guy back? I said no because as long as they are not brandy new because every member should be able to put up a 24' ladder so there are even exterior FAST jobs. They could have 2 years in and still be probationary.

x635 likes this

Just another reason why we the residents of Ossining are blessed with such a great fire and ems departments. Well trained and very responsive at any hour.

x635 and peterose313 like this

Thats the C side of the structure. Colliers mansion conditions made it very hard to gain entry. I was operating a hoseline from the first ladder because i could not get in. We did make entry in the third window to do primary search and search came up negative.

x635 likes this

Ossining FD deserves credit for throwing the ladders as well. They're among a small percentile around the county that has strong Truck Company presence at a fire scene - whether it's throwing portable ladders or getting the Truck into position. I actually missed this fire, but can tell you I am proud of the guys for always doing the right thing.

Ironically, Monday night's FAST drill was a review of throwing ladders...

peterose313, x635, PEMO3 and 7 others like this

This does not come as a surprise to me what-so-ever. I've said it on here plenty of times before and ill say it again; Crotons FAST is one of the most pro-active that i've had the pleasure of working with. They have been strong from their inception and continue their great work today.

I've been out of Westchester for about 3 years now, so i'm somewhat out of the loop. So i'm always glad to see posts like this to keep me in touch with my roots.

I was always glad to see Crotons FAST at any job as i knew they were competent and very able to perform the tasks at hand. They have ALWAYS been strong in their ground ladder placement and keeping egress a top priority.

As always, job well done fellas! Of course, hats off to the OFD guys and gals as well, as they are one of the strongest vol forces in the County (IMO).

xchief2x and x635 like this