batt. 12

Empress SOD

18 posts in this topic

What Exactly they do I have seen them around but I don't know what they do

Edited by batt. 12

Just another way to get funds......Really? A private ambulance company that has city contracts needs SOD? If they lose the next contract, where do the funds go? To the next ems provider?

Just another way to get funds......Really? A private ambulance company that has city contracts needs SOD? If they lose the next contract, where do the funds go? To the next ems provider?

Empress does not get a dime from the city for the EMS contract. Some of the decon equipment was grant funded, but most of the initiative and equipment came from Empress funds. Empress also pays for the training and administration of the program completely on their own.

Yonkers has numerous potential incidents where the SOD division could be deployed, in many different fashions.

Do you have an answer BUD!!!!!!

Why should he use his time find the answer you so sarcastically remarked at.

Clown...

x129K and x4093k like this

Do you have an answer BUD!!!!!!

I didnt pass the bar, but I know a little bit............ ;)

SOD came to fruition long after my retirement.....but from what I have seen, it's a great thing. Other than the wannabe ESU cop uniforms..LOL

Curious....how many Empress SOD members are TEMS Medics? Any attend CONTOMS? Any certified in Advanced Hazmat Life support? How many are trained to operate in tech rescue situations such as trench or collapse? Any hazmat technicians? Have any gone to the federal bio or chemical courses?

I will KNOCK Empress all I want to!!! Been there done that!!!! Before the Minerva family forced out Wes Hyde.....by the way was the 2nd owner of Empress. Wes bought the company after Jerry passed away! He ran it until he merged with American Ambulette & the Minerva family. When Dan Minerva senior passed.....they ran Wes Hyde out! Reserch........I lived it!!!

I started at Empress nearly 20 years ago...put in 7 OF THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE THERE..I loved every aspect of it..L O V E D IT!

Yonkers.

YPD

YFD (effing big time!)

The J O B S

The TRAUMA

The POTENTIAL FOR DIASTERS

The people.

I had so much fun it should have been illegal. (Some of it MAY have been....)

I survived the Guy Amendola scandal.......Popestock......Operation Snowflake.....Sugrue as an Admin......unionizing....the Wolkowitz/Minerva Smackdown....the inception of the TAC bus ......I buried my friend, partner, and Lieutenant Tommy Sal....I had my car broken into numerous times.....I met and worked with some of the finest people to ever wear an EMS uniform.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Edited by x129K

Then we probably know each other x129.....Do you remember when Dan Jr came home from college & hung out with "US"....When Dan Sr passed & we had all our available units parked sideways on S'Bway for his funeral procession to pass?

To clarify.... it was Empress units......NOT American Ambulette!

Negative...that was indeed before my time....I started 9/12/94...on my 20th Birthday :)

Do some research Bud.... :)

If I did what would I have buffs like you for who seem to know everything

If I did what would I have buffs like you for who seem to know everything

G :) F :) Y