Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

EmStar in NY

44 posts in this topic

Is it true the former owner of HVP / Care 1 arik Erik aron not sure his name just that he's an accountant owns Em star in PA so he bought out his own company? I know he owns emergency ambulance in LI is it also true he owns senior care and Richmond county ambulance

From what I understand EMStar is located out of Philly. Don't have much information just that.

Its sort of like a family tree.. Only this is a D.B.A tree.

is it also true he owns senior care and Richmond county ambulance

I couldn't see that, as they are competitors, and one person owning two competing companies starts running into price-fixing and monopoly territory...

I couldn't see that, as they are competitors, and one person owning two competing companies starts running into price-fixing and monopoly territory...

They may not be competitors. It may be fine if the areas of operatoin on the CON's don't overlap. There have been subsidaries of other EMS providers operating in different territories before and I'm sure there will continue to be in the future. If EMStar took over HVP's operating certificate, they have the hudson valley territory. If they're owned by the same people who own senior care (Manhattan/Bronx) and Richmond (Staten Island), there is no monopoly and no price fixing. No different than Transcare having a certificate for all those areas under a single company.

All the price fixing happens at Medicare and Medicaid anyway.

here is a statement from an emplyees linkedjn acount:

Supervisor/Paramedic

EMStar Ambulance

July 2013 – Present (3 months) Fishkill, NY

I am continuing my position as a paramedic field supervisor responsible to oversee daily operations at EMStar Ambulance in the Hudson Valley and Westchester Regions. EMStar Ambulance aquired Care 1 EMS in July of 2013. This division employs 170 employees including both paramedics and emergency medical technicians. EMStar Ambulance is a private, for profit ambulance service that originated in the Philadelphia, PA area and provides emergency medical care and inter-facility transports including ventilators, IV infusion pumps, and cardiac monitoring. EMStar Ambulance now operates in a large area in New York State including Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Westchester, and Putnum counties as well as Pike County in Pennsylvania.

Could find much else to support this. no NY Emstar web site that came up for me, Care 1's still up. Now that I think about it I think I saw an Emstar amb. a few weeks ago.

There was an EmStar ambulance parked at an office bldg. in Rockland Co several weeks ago. Spring Valley/Monsey area on Rt 59.

From what I understand EMStar is located out of Philly. Don't have much information just that.

Mo,

You're absolutely correct. "EmStar" is headquarter in Philadelphia. Here is the link to their website. http://www.emstarambulance.com/

And the problem with EMstar is????

EXDC, I don't think there is any problem with EmStar. I checked out their website, researched the company some. By the looks of it seems this company may soon become a larger

Commercial Ambulance Company than that of Transcare. Advantages of EmStar, obviously newer buses, while Transcare desperately needs to upgrade their clunkers.

x4093k likes this

EXDC, I don't think there is any problem with EmStar. I checked out their website, researched the company some. By the looks of it seems this company may soon become a larger

Commercial Ambulance Company than that of Transcare. Advantages of EmStar, obviously newer buses, while Transcare desperately needs to upgrade their clunkers.

Stop the madness......... We forget TransCare is already all ove the East Coast. As long as they send the proper resources to calls the I could care less.

Sending a BLS units to a semi or unresponsive patient is NOT acceptable! So far I have seen no change in service with the exception of the same trucks with a different wrap.

ndpemt519 likes this

Stop the madness......... We forget TransCare is already all ove the East Coast. As long as they send the proper resources to calls the I could care less.

Sending a BLS units to a semi or unresponsive patient is NOT acceptable! So far I have seen no change in service with the exception of the same trucks with a different wrap.

First off, what is "stop the madness" all about? Long story short, i used to work for Transcare, yes I had issues with the company due to their lack of structure and consistency of training.

Their method of training was instead of being with a Field Training Officer, was thrown with different crews each day. How is one to learn the business by someone other than someone

whom is dedicated to training and evaluating new-hires. Secondly, I did not bash or bad mouth the company. Yes indeed, many of their ambulances are in disrepair as was some of their

equipment.

Thirdly, Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have

taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much

territory as Transcare does.

On a closing note, I found this reply of yours very interrogating. Why reply the way you did in open forum? If you had an issue, we could had sorted things out back-channel.?

Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much territory as Transcare does.

Transcare is a lot bigger than you know.

They also cover parts of So. NJ, Long Island, the state of Delaware, No. Virginia, Baltimore-Washington DC corridor and Eastern & Western Pennsylvania.

x1243 and markmets415 like this

Maybe everyone just needs to stop bashing all companies. We all do the same job no matter who we work for. EMStar is a company from pennsylvania who took over care 1 who took over hudson valley paramedics who took over empire state ambulance. All it is a name change for them. Transcare is the 3rd largest comapny out there. AMR being number 1 but again who cares. We still do the same job and that is take care of our communities. And I think that everyone forgets that.

Bnechis, boca1day, 67R93 and 3 others like this

I will

First off, what is "stop the madness" all about? Long story short, i used to work for Transcare, yes I had issues with the company due to their lack of structure and consistency of training.

Their method of training was instead of being with a Field Training Officer, was thrown with different crews each day. How is one to learn the business by someone other than someone

whom is dedicated to training and evaluating new-hires. Secondly, I did not bash or bad mouth the company. Yes indeed, many of their ambulances are in disrepair as was some of their

equipment.

Thirdly, Obviously Transcare covers most parts of the Hudson Valley and New York City. EmStar is from Pennsylvania, and is just starting to move further east, obviously if they have

taken Care1 EMS under their wings. I don't know much else about the company. Other than what I looked at on their website. It would be fair to say however, they cover just as much

territory as Transcare does.

On a closing note, I found this reply of yours very interrogating. Why reply the way you did in open forum? If you had an issue, we could had sorted things out back-channel.?

I will not get into a pissing contest with you on such a forum. Just please research the facts before you put up "factpinions", everyone has issues with vehicles, and TransCare is in fact much larger than you know.

I state facts! No Factpinions, if you would like any information or to clear the air you can contact me at anytime.

effd3918 likes this

they are also certified in PA and at one point NJ as Tri- State EMS

I think the point of x1243 response was that they changed the name but still send bls trucks to priority calls then requesting als from another agency that should have been dispatched in the first place that's all different paint same old ways . I hope for the people that I know that work there everything turns out great for them and wish them the best

About the whole ALS/BLS thing

If you have a priority call and a BLS truck is 5 minutes away, and an ALS truck is 30 minutes away, isn't it better for the patient to send the closer unit, then intercept en route, then have a patient wait 25 extra minutes with no EMS at all attending to them.

Now if you are saying that they should be intercepting with their own company, yes that is true.

Without working at the company and "researching" them what supports your opinion?

If you have a priority call and a BLS truck is 5 minutes away, and an ALS truck is 30 minutes away, isn't it better for the patient to send the closer unit, then intercept en route, then have a patient wait 25 extra minutes with no EMS at all attending to them.

Now if you are saying that they should be intercepting with their own company, yes that is true.

Maybe everyone just needs to stop bashing all companies. We all do the same job no matter who we work for. EMStar is a company from pennsylvania who took over care 1 who took over hudson valley paramedics who took over empire state ambulance. All it is a name change for them. Transcare is the 3rd largest comapny out there. AMR being number 1 but again who cares. We still do the same job and that is take care of our communities. And I think that everyone forgets that.

Laurie, I don't see or believe there is any "bashing" so to speak going on here. If somebody interpreted my post as such, that was certainly not the motive or intention.

Without working at the company and "researching" them what supports your opinion?

PVFD, Prefer not comment here. I'm not an employee of EmStar nor any Hudson Valley Ambulance, only in points south of Westchester County nearer to the City of New York.

they are also certified in PA and at one point NJ as Tri- State EMS

Not anymore bud, Erik finally got out and sold to EMstar. Went back to Israel.

Looking for a little help. . . . What other Professional Ambulance Companies operate in and around Westchester County ?

Actually that is not what I am talking about. To send a unit across town and or county when there are other muncipalities or agencies that are contracted or not even contracted but have the proper level of care for the call is absurd. This is negligent, not to mention extremely bad for a agency to send a unit blazing saddles so they can what? Please a contract or facility.

This extends back to when they had their Narcotic issue and they could not operate on a ALS level. How many other agencies had to do ALS intercepts with them? Plenty...........

If it was simply sending a BLS unit to start patient care I would 100% agree with you.

so back to my original question.....the original owner of hvp and emergency ambulance was also the owner of care 1 and now emstar?

Can someone list for me the "for profit" companies that cover 911 calls and the response areas they cover?

Westchester County

• TransCare
  • Empress
  • WEMS
  • EMStar

Putnam County

• TransCare
  • EMStar

Dutchess County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • NDP
  • EMStar

Ulster County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • EMStar

Orange County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • EMStar

All in all there is more than enough business to go around. Every company has hiccups and every company manages their system status how they desire.

huzzie59 and pjm1733 like this

Westchester County

• TransCare
  • Empress
  • WEMS
  • EMStar

Putnam County

• TransCare
  • EMStar

Dutchess County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • NDP
  • EMStar

Ulster County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • EMStar

Orange County

• TransCare
  • Mobile Life
  • EMStar

All in all there is more than enough business to go around. Every company has hiccups and every company manages their system status how they desire.

WEMS is not for profit.

87D124 likes this

911 wise. ----

Empress handles Yonkers.

Teams are - white plains

Who covers where else?