Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenville Fire Capt. Finds Raccoon Carcass On Car Hood

15 posts in this topic

GREENBURGH — A Greenville fire captain says the pressure on him to leave the department took a morbid turn last month when he found a maggot-infested raccoon in a box on the hood of his car.

Capt. Richard Bruno, 53, and his wife discovered the box inscribed with the message “retire or else old man” while they were putting their child on a school bus, according to the family and police

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.lohud.com/article/20131010/NEWS02/310100060/Dead-reckoning-Greenville-fire-capt-finds-raccoon-carcass-car-hood?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

markmets415 likes this

Is this the way a 27 year career should end? I hope they find the person (firefighter) responsible, charge him and dismiss him. I hope his son finds another paid job with another department that appreciates the family tradition inherent in the fire service.

PCFD ENG58, markmets415 and sfrd18 like this

I'm surprised that anyone would have any issues when it comes to safety and health, especially in the firehouse where people might spend a majority of their time. There might be more to this story then what we know.

That may be the case but to stoop to this level is very very sad indeed and in any case there always more to the story then anyone else but the players involved know, would be interesting to see those in house safety issue as you referred to are addressed, interesting that the Chief nor the Chairman of the Fire District failed to respond for comment and that the Captain is out on sick leave, as you said there is most likely a lot more to this story.

Edited by markmets415

I don't even know this guy, but from the sounds of it, if you are against him you are a moron. Any man who is willing to risk his reputation for the safety of the men is what I consider an allstar. All these guys who think he is the problem should go take a walk outside of Sloan Kettering on York Ave. Look at all the people who are sick from cancer, then see why this guy is so adamant about your welfare. Or you could just be in the clique and suck up to the next Chief and get stretch marks on your mouth.

W.T.F.

Keep it in-house, don't involve the families!!!

What are we, The Mafia? How about, "Don't leave dead animals in boxes on peoples cars"?

I gotta say.....this is a fishy story and clearly a lot is not being told to the paper (which is the way is should be). Senior guys, guys with a lot of experience are usually encouraged to stay, especially with a younger force on a lot of jobs. His son was fired? For what? That's gotta be some story too.

I can't imagine a situation that would warrant dead animals and threatening messages, but there is more to this story than a Capt. who was pushing for safety enhancements with many years experience.

Id say, that's all we'll ever know for sure.

pepa63, markmets415, sfrd18 and 3 others like this

What are we, The Mafia? How about, "Don't leave dead animals in boxes on peoples cars"?

I gotta say.....this is a fishy story and clearly a lot is not being told to the paper (which is the way is should be). Senior guys, guys with a lot of experience are usually encouraged to stay, especially with a younger force on a lot of jobs. His son was fired? For what? That's gotta be some story too.

I can't imagine a situation that would warrant dead animals and threatening messages, but there is more to this story than a Capt. who was pushing for safety enhancements with many years experience.

Id say, that's all we'll ever know for sure.

You know what I mean bro, if you have an issue sort it out at work, not bring it home. And yes, no leaving dead animals anywhere - that's just nasty.

sad story here the man is out sick and they fire his son to?look at the poor brother over in eastchester what he.s going thru and now this!.come on brothers band together and lets stop this BS we lost alot of guys on and after 911 do to cancers and other illnesses.were,s the brotherhood? i hope they catch the poeple who did this.karma will,

markmets415 likes this

Where's the "Brotherhood"? Gone!. It all comes down to "personalities" now and to some extent rightly so. If a guy has been a POS from Day 1, who couldn't give a rats ass about the Job or his fellow so called "Brothers" why should they in turn give a s*** about him now in his time of need. I see it all to often even at wakes and funerals for retired members. Nobody comes out anymore either because they didn't work with or know the individual(no excuse) or they were a scumbag while on the Job(justified)! Not saying this is the case here cause I don't know either of the individuals but Im sure many of us don't and shouldn't rush to Judgement. No excuse for the dead animal though that's definitely not warranted especially for the guys family.

x635 likes this

Call the Police and report it as harassment. The man has the right to work in a harassment free workplace. If the person(s) that did this is caught, he should be fired.

I had a similar experience with the Golden's Bridge Fire Department. People who wanted to protect their 'interests' forced me out via threats, gear tampering, vandalism to my personal property. We filed Article 78 papers with Westchester County but I suspect someone most likely made sure the review never occurred.

If you are interested: http://gbfdx2144.blogspot.com

Greenville fire capt. says son was sexually harassed, fired from dept.

GREENBURGH — Members of a local fire department subjected a probationary firefighter to sexual harassment in an effort to force his father, a fire captain, from his job, according to a complaint filed with the state.

Capt. Richard Bruno alleges the Greenville Fire District condoned this behavior toward his son as part of a campaign to push out the 53-year-old firefighter and protect the interests of certain members of the department.

Bruno, a 27-year veteran who is still working for the district, makes the accusation in a complaint filed this month with the state Division of Human Rights, which investigates reports of discrimination

http://www.lohud.com/article/20131021/NEWS02/310210039/Greenville-fire-capt-says-son-sexually-harassed-fired-from-dept-

something very ODD going on here