Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Paralyzed Detroit firefighter will lose benefits under bankruptcy plan

5 posts in this topic

Saw this guy profiled in the documentary movie "Burn: One Year On The Front Lines In Detroit" in Stamford last week. For those that saw the film makes this story even more disgusting knowing the background. This is a young guy who had an entire career and life ahead of him.

Brendan Milewski, the firefighter, told the reporter that he was hit by a chunk of limestone when a building collapsed in the summer of 2010. The injury left him a T6 paraplegic, he said.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23824525/a-face-to-detroits-bankruptcy-paralyzed-firefighter-to-lose-health-benefits#ixzz2jDIFHePr

It made me sick when I saw this. it just shows it's money over people out there now.

CFI609D likes this

The city owes him this.

Somebody needs to get that entire mess in that city straightened out. The place is a disaster. Tonight as I write this the place is on fire. More guys face the posibility of getting hurt for the people they protect. The City doesn't care about its citizens, the firefighters, police officers or anybody else who is trying to do good for the innocent people that are stuck there.

This is the 21st century. Forty or Fifty years ago we landed on the moon. Yet, nobody knows how to straighten out a city that was once a leader in our economy.

Detroit owes that firefighter, or any other firefighter injuried there, what they rightfully fought for and earned.

Edited by nfd2004

What a crime. What kind of lowlifes are these politicians that they can abandon a guy like this?

Low-lifes that are both financially and morally bankrupt!