Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMS92

Spring 2014 EMT-B Classes

9 posts in this topic

Orange County will be giving their basic class starting on January 29th, 2014 and ending on June 19th, 2014

New Rochelle Fire Department

EMT-B Original

January 21, 2014

Tuesdays and Thursday 6:30pm - 10:30pm

ptlb.png

The Educational Opportunity Center of Westchester will be offering a EMT course begining in Feb. Daytime program, two days a week 9-5 per day.

Course and textbooks are free, no need to belong to an emergency agency only need to show a financial need, HS diploma or GED, valid Drivers Lic. with a clean record,take a screening exam (reading comprehention, basic math skills etc). For more info contact EOC admissions at (914) 606-7620, email at

EOC-Admissions@sunywcc.edu or visit the EOC at 26 South B'way Yonkers, NY

Edited by Ga-Lin

Hey everyone! Just thought I would start a list of EMT-B here and around the Hudson Vally for anyone who is looking to refresh or looking for an EMT-B class.

I need to refresh in the spring come to think about it.

Monte North has a challenge and full course starting in January. Classes are on 233 off Bronx River. I have done it 4 times there. Only catch is that since they increased the hours of the overall program they are using a book that is kind of pricey at 200 but it has online material that removes 10 classes you need to attend. Excellent teachers and the facility is not half bad.

I need to refresh in the spring come to think about it.

you can always refresh with IVAC they have a good program and you only have to go to the classes and labs you need to refresh on...also some of the classes are also on online as well. There is a good group of instructors and a very friendly atmosphere also there is no need to part of an agency or if not with any of the agencies here in westchester you can still join the class. I believe the class in New Ro also has a refresher program and they are pretty good to at least that is what I have heard.