Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best And Most Unique Pizza Toppings?

41 posts in this topic

I had quite possibly one of the most unique and greatest slices of Pizza ever last night.

It was from Gerardos, at 444 E. Main St. in Mount Kisco, opposite Friendlys. It was their "Special Of The Day", which is a rotating fest of pizza toppings.

The slice yesterday was a regular, thin pizza crust, topped plentifully with mashed potatoes with a hint of sour cream,interlaced with melted cheddar cheese and large chewy pieces of bacon.

This slice was really, really GOOD! I hope it becomes a regular on the menu! If you have the chance, try it!

Most unique I've seen tho has become populart everywhere is the old Hawaiian Pizza - Ham, Pineapple, sometimes bacon. Never could get myself to tray that - even when in hawaii.

Barbeque chicken pizza, as long as it's not drowned in sauce, makes for a good slice. Lasagna pizza, with mozzarella, ricotta, sauce, and ground beef-I'm getting a happy case of agita thinking about it. The most unusual topping I ever had was pastrami on pizza at this place in the Village-with Monterey Jack cheese and sauce.

I like the Chicken Scarapiello (sp?) they have downstairs. Tasty.

i love bacon pizza

My favorite is Garlic, Bacon and Onion Pizza. (shut up Nick).

I dropped my 12 yrd son off at a birthday party this weekend and while I was talking to the mother the kids were eating pizza with POPCORN on it. Five 12 yrd's eating pizza with Popcorn on it. aaaahhggg! damn kids today!!!!

What??? I didnt say a word.. Actually the garlic, bacon and onion sounds pretty good. My actual favorite though is sausage, peppers and onion.... I am getting hungry just typing it...

Best I've had was at the Kona Brewing Company in HI. Take a Bobili style crust, pesto sauce and add artichokes, sundried tomatos, chicken chunks (if you want a real meal) and cover w/ mozz and parm cheese.

Put that together w/ a Kona Brew Longboard Lager and looking out over the Pacific - can't think of anything better!

The Ranch Pizza at Gerardo's is really good too, albeit a little messy. It's pizza crust, topped with Mozzerella, tomatoes, bacon, and ranch dressing.

I like a good slice of Buffalo chicken pizza too. Ardsley Pizza (Center St.) has a decent slice, but still have yet to find a really good slice of this.

I once had a slice of Philly Cheesteak pizza at some place in New Rochelle. It was pizza crust, topped with tomato sauce, sliced steak, and cheddar cheee....it was really good too. Have yet to find this anywhere else exept Minas, which I do not like.

Hawaiian Pizza in Hawaii?? Isn't that like French Fries in France? Hawaiian Pizza is pretty good too though.

And despite all this, I really appreciate a decent slice of true plain cheese pizza.

Gosh darn it. Who mentioned Sausage and Pepper pizza. Now I gotta look up the phone number to Nappoli's a make an order. =D>

Nappoli's is GREAT!

I like cheese steak pizza too, Capriccio II has a good one.

I had a pizza in Seaside , NJ once with chicken, ham, smoked mozzarella, mushrooms on it. I believe they called it a Cordon Bleu slice. Instead of tomato sauce there was a brown wine/ mushroom sauce - pretty good.

I once had pizza with hot dogs and beans on it. I made it myself. And, for the record, don't try this at home. :chew:

Gotta try sauerkraut pizza--gotta have it cold though. Interasting for sure.

How about shrimp scampi pizza--ya might need some speedy dry to sop up the grease but if properly prepared--outstanding

Cheeseburger pizza....awesome...its like 2 meals in 1

My favorite is Garlic, Bacon and Onion Pizza. (shut up Nick).  

I dropped my 12 yrd son off at a birthday party this weekend and while I was talking to the mother the kids were eating pizza with POPCORN on it. Five 12 yrd's eating pizza with Popcorn on it. aaaahhggg! damn kids today!!!!

Redendos, or Segrettis??

Redendos, or Segrettis??

Segrettis??? Never heard of it. Gappy's on North Horsepound and Rt 52 by Hess. They have good Pizza they moved there two or three years ago.

gappy's buffalo chicken best pizza anyware

How could I forget Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Gappy's with Blue Cheese on the side. Damn! Now I am hungry.

You better eat up, your going to need your strength tommorow and be on top of your game..........FOURRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pino's on Bath Ave in Brooklyn makes the best seafood pizza ever, it has shrimps, clams, mussels, scallops, and lobster. with a little garlic and oil its great.

I like french fries on my slice. Its good!!!

Segretis is, or was in Putnam Plaza over by the Rite Aid, or whatever it is now. Please forgive my lapse in memory or not knowing where the other place was/is. I haven't lived up that way in a number of years.

First time i had Bacon pizza was one night standing by in peekskill TL45 on standby and order pizza all different kinds

Bacon pizza

Bacon and chicken

you name it we probly had it and it was gooood =P~

I had this in California a few year ago....

Soy-Mozzarella, avocado, portabella and shiitake mushrooms, and vegetarian pepperoni.

And strangely enough (my Italian grandparents are probably rolling in their grave) IT WAS PRETTY DAMN GOOD! And healthy too. Which is good cause most of us vollies have a keg instead of a six-pack...

Vodka chicken pizza....ummm pizza.....

tuna fish, tomato and onions

Pizza is good with a good soda and a extra cheeze

What??? I didnt say a word.. Actually the garlic, bacon and onion sounds pretty good. My actual favorite though is sausage, peppers and onion.... I am getting hungry just typing it...

Yeah Nick, I'm with you! Sausage peppers and onions is GREAT! But so is Pepperoni with extra cheese. Oh yum!!!

Pizza is good with a good soda and a extra cheeze

Normally I am a religious Coca-Cola fan but for some reason, a cooold Pepsi is the bomb with pizza.

Edited by skubasam

Don't remember the name of the place but its in the A&P shopping center in Goldens' Bridge has huge slices like one is equal to at least 2 regular slices. Some probably know where I'm talking about. Most Unique slice I've ever had was a Chili Cheese Fries Slice from some place in Seaside Heights Jersey about 2 0r 3 years ago.