AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

I too have seen the rumor that Chapp. was getting a tanker. I saw it on either massfiretrucks.com or 10-75.net.

Either way, CFD retired and sold E145 in 2013 without a replacement as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure that they needed to replace E145... Truck 27 is a quint where as Truck 3 wasn't. E146 carries a ton of LDH as I recall and the new E144 although I've never seen it in person looks like it probably does too. If they're going to replace R23 with a rescue wagon then I think they'll be in good shape without a replacement for E145. And again a tanker for their district is not a good expenditure of the tax payers money.

Lake Mohegan FD is expecting delivery of (2) 2014 Ford Expedition Chief/Command Vehicles any day from Speciality Warnings. They will be designated 2262 and 2263

Edited by CG206
x635 likes this

Lake Mohegan FD is expecting delivery of (2) 2014 Ford Expedition Chief/Command Vehicles any day from Speciality Warnings. They will be designated 2262 and 2263

Any new apparatus on the horizon?

Livingston Manor (Sullivan) recently took delivery of a Freightliner/Pierce tanker.

Wurtsboro (Sullivan) will soon take delivery of a Pierce Quantum pumper (will be on display at FDIC).

suffernH&Lbuff likes this

Kenny, will these be BLS, ALS or staff vehicles?

Mike my understanding new officer fly cars. 8804 and 8805 will be for MCI and Rehab response

BFD1054 likes this

City Of West Haven Fire Department Allingtown is looking at replacing their 95' MMT with a 75' RMA Quint like West Shore's Quint 33.

Ridgefield NJ 2014 Tahoe for RF 8 (Deputy Chief)

The U.S. Military Academy at West Point (Orange) has received - or soon will receive - a new Pierce Saber pumper, one of several headed to Army bases around the country. Link to pic on Pierce's Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/piercemfg/13473416575/

Washington Heights (Orange) has placed an order for a medium duty Ferrara rescue to be built on a 4-door Freightliner chassis. Expected delivery in October.

Mechanicstown's (Orange) new Seagrave engine has started production.

idlewildvfd, FDNY 10-75 and BFD1054 like this

Philipstown North Highlands Fire District has ordered a Sutphen 3500 gallon 1250 GPM tanker on a Kenthworth T-800 chassis

FDNY 10-75 likes this

Does anyone know what East Fishkill is replacing their Tower Ladder 39-46 with? I see the old one is up for sale.

The apparatus news page on Eli's site (10-75.net) suggests a 100' rear mount Ferrara platform for East Fishkill. No such beast is shown on Ferrara's "In Production" page as of yet, however.

Updates for Orange Co.: Washington Heights' rescue due in August since switching to Ferrara, and Mechanicstown's Seagrave engine (which I am now told will replace 125, rather than 118) is due in late May.

Still no word on Pine Bush or Sparrowbush's bids.

idlewildvfd likes this

Wallingford, CT

Sutphen Engine for new Engine 2 assigned to Central Fire HQ (Currently in progress)

Derby, CT

Storm Engine Company - Pierce Engine for Engine 11 (Not yet in progress)

Storm Ambulance Corps - Remounted ambulance (FD-10) on new Freightliner cab/chassis done by Twin Lights in Milford. (Currently in progress)

New Fairfield, CT

New ambulance to replace 91-2 (Formerly called Squantz Ambulance) - I don't believe a manufacturer has been chosen yet.

New Haven, CT

3 Engines (all Pierce Arrow XTs) - Replacing Engines 5, 9, 11

http://firematic.com/cgi-bin/truckpdf1.cgi?path=New%20Haven%2027401#page=2

-9's and 11's will be the same as the truck pictured, Engine 5 will be larger as it will be a foam pumper. No aerial device on the new E5.

-Engine 5 is assigned to the Woodward Avenue station with Emergency Unit #1

-Engine 9 is assigned to the West Battalion HQ (Ellsworth Avenue) with Squad Company 2 and Car 34 (West Battalion Chief.)

-Engine 11 is assigned to the Howard Avenue Station with Truck 4 and Emergency Unit #2

Edited by SageVigiles
FDNY 10-75 likes this

Bethel CT -

*Hopefully will be bidding to replace 1994 Spartan Smeal pumer ( Engine 5): ( town wide budget vote in 3 weeks)

2000 GPM / 1000 GWT / 50GFT

*Purchase new pick up - Most likely a Ford F450 to replace the :

-1964 Dodge Power Wagon brush truck (brush 2)

-1968 Jeep pick up brush truck / dewatering unit (brush 1)

-1999 Ford pick up ( extended cab) Utility 1

to act as brush truck/fire police vehicle and pull the OREV trailer.

FDNY 10-75 likes this

Hastings On Hudson Just took delivery of Two 2014 Chevy Suburbans to serve as Car 2181 and 2182. They replaced a 1992 Suburban and a 1996 Expedition

US Tanker: Just delivered to Quaker Street FD Schenectady County just off of I-88.

This is an answer to the request from a commanding officer for a tanker & manpower or an engine & manpower. Quaker Street wanted to make this unit truly a multipurpose unit and fill the requests of other departments while utilizing only one unit. They also needed a second piece of apparatus for a back-up.

This unit is built on a Freightliner chassis with a Hale 1250 gpm Hale pump with an APR 2000 gwt.

http://www.ustanker.com/Deliveries/Delivery/Default.aspx?OrderId=1198

Edited by MyFyrtrks
FDNY 10-75 and x635 like this

This is an answer to the request from a commanding officer for a tanker & manpower or an engine & manpower. Quaker Street wanted to make this unit truly a multipurpose unit and fill the requests of other departments while utilizing only one unit. They also needed a second piece of apparatus for a back-up.

If it meets the needs of the department, great. But you should never buy apparatus to fill the needs of other departments. You get what you need and you make it work as best you can for them.

Years ago I worked on an engine replacement project for a dept. in another county. The chief wanted a 3,000 gpm engine (replacing a 1,000 gpm unit). The commissioners were concerned that it was not needed. I was interviewing the chief and asked what the best hydrant in the district was (1,200 gpm), did they have a multi looped hydrant system and if they had any drafting locations (no). I asked how was he going to get 3,000 gpm to put into the pump in his town? He said they wanted it because if they had the biggest pump in the county, everyone would call them mutual aid and his ff's would get more experience. I asked if he understood he was asking to spend enough for 2 standard engines and then was going to strip the community of it and personnel on a regular basis? He said he never thought of it that way and dropped the idea.

The apparatus news page on Eli's site (10-75.net) suggests a 100' rear mount Ferrara platform for East Fishkill. No such beast is shown on Ferrara's "In Production" page as of yet, however.

Updates for Orange Co.: Washington Heights' rescue due in August since switching to Ferrara, and Mechanicstown's Seagrave engine (which I am now told will replace 125, rather than 118) is due in late May.

Still no word on Pine Bush or Sparrowbush's bids.

Mechanicstown's new engine (unlettered), photos courtesy of Hudson Valley Fire Equipment, LLC

post-18609-0-65952800-1398890128.jpg

post-18609-0-00361400-1398890136.jpg

One of Tuxedo's (Orange) two new KME engines (E-569 for Sterling Forest Co. 2) is on both KME's website and Facebook page. It will be on display at the fire expo in Harrisburg, PA next weekend.

One of Tuxedo's (Orange) two new KME engines (E-569 for Sterling Forest Co. 2) is on both KME's website and Facebook page. It will be on display at the fire expo in Harrisburg, PA next weekend.

New Sterling Forest Fire Company No. 2 (Tuxedo Joint Fire District) Engine 569 (referred to internally as Engine 2) [Orange County, New York], 2014 KME Predator Panther, 1500 GPM pump, 1000 gallon tank, photo courtesy of KME

post-18609-0-63011700-1399838944.jpg

Edited by idlewildvfd
BFD1054 likes this

Hastings On Hudson Just took delivery of Two 2014 Chevy Suburbans to serve as Car 2181 and 2182. They replaced a 1992 Suburban and a 1996 Expedition

I Have Photo Of 2181 & 82

Mechanicstown's new engine (unlettered), photos courtesy of Hudson Valley Fire Equipment, LLC

Here is Mechanicstown's new engine (complete), photos courtesy of Brian Schaffner

post-18609-0-12685700-1400596158.jpg

post-18609-0-33153300-1400596166.jpg

x635 and BFD1054 like this

Tuxedo's engines have been delivered.

Park Ridge, NJ (Bergen Co.) has taken delivery of a new Pierce Arrow XT pumper, designated as Engine 4.

Maybrook will also be adding another chief's vehicle to their fleet. From what I have heard it will be a pick-up (unsure of make/model) and go to Car 2. Car 1 will retain his currently assigned Tahoe and Car 3 will be given Car 2's current Suburban. They expect to take delivery in late summer/early fall.

Newly delivered Vails Gate Fire District (Orange County, NY) Rescue 480, Pierce Arrow XT. Photo courtesy of Firematic.

post-18609-0-19703100-1403753018.jpg

Edited by idlewildvfd
suffernH&Lbuff, x635 and the cat like this

Campbell Hall (Orange Co.) took delivery of their new rescue earlier this week. It's built by UST Fire Apparatus (formerly US Tanker) on a four-door International TerraStar chassis.

Production has started on the following: Kenworth/Pierce tanker for Goshen (Orange) and Seagrave engines for Bedford Hills (Westchester) and Tallman (Rockland).

Delivery for Maybrook's new engine has been pushed back to November, and Washington Heights' Freightliner/Ferrara medium rescue is due in mid-October.

Sparrowbush (Orange) seeking bids again for a new pumper-tanker.

That's about all I have. Anyone else have any further updates? Have not heard who Pine Bush went with for an engine, or if an order has even been placed yet.

FDNY 10-75 and x635 like this

Campbell Hall (Orange Co.) took delivery of their new rescue earlier this week. It's built by UST Fire Apparatus (formerly US Tanker) on a four-door International TerraStar chassis.

Production has started on the following: Kenworth/Pierce tanker for Goshen (Orange) and Seagrave engines for Bedford Hills (Westchester) and Tallman (Rockland).

Delivery for Maybrook's new engine has been pushed back to November, and Washington Heights' Freightliner/Ferrara medium rescue is due in mid-October.

Sparrowbush (Orange) seeking bids again for a new pumper-tanker.

That's about all I have. Anyone else have any further updates? Have not heard who Pine Bush went with for an engine, or if an order has even been placed yet.

Campbell Hall M902