AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

Churchtown Fire Company, Columbia County NY upgraded 2 pieces in their fleet. Engine 901, 2014 Spartan Metro Star/Toyne 1500/1500/25 and Engine-Tanker 902, a 2014 IH 7600/Toyne, 1000/3000/0. They replaced a 1996 IH 4900/KME Engine (901) and a 1996 IH 4900/KME Eng.-Tanker (902).

Both units purchased from Shakerly Fire Truck Sales, Round Lake NY.

post-4255-0-86199900-1417980517.jpg

Edited by 2627

Have not seen any apparatus related legal notices recently, but have heard some sketchy info. Pine Bush (Orange Co.) may be getting a Rosenbauer pumper. Source I spoke with said he thinks that's who they went with. "Whatever it is that Garrison sells nowadays". No word on how far along it is.

Bullville (Orange) said to have two KME rescue pumpers on order which will replace both current engines and the rescue.

x635 likes this

No sooner do I mention the lack of legal notices than one turns up. Greenville (Orange) seeking to purchase a used Pierce Lance pumper with 1200 gallon tank. I believe this will replace the KME heavy rescue that was the source of some issues earlier.

Also, New Hampton (Orange) should take delivery before the end of the year of a Spartan/Rosenbauer quint with 102' rear mount platform. Called a Rosenbauer Raptor.....has a Metz look to it.

Edited by AndyC3J
x635 likes this

Also, New Hampton (Orange) should take delivery before the end of the year of a Spartan/Rosenbauer quint with 102' rear mount platform. Called a Rosenbauer Raptor.....has a Metz look to it.

Doesn't it have a Metz look because it is a Metz ariel?

Yeah. I wasn't sure if it was actual Metz equipment re-badged with Rosenbauer's name, or just a very similar design.

Yeah. I wasn't sure if it was actual Metz equipment re-badged with Rosenbauer's name, or just a very similar design.

Metz is owned by Rosenbauer

BFD1054 likes this

No sooner do I mention the lack of legal notices than one turns up. Greenville (Orange) seeking to purchase a used Pierce Lance pumper with 1200 gallon tank. I believe this will replace the KME heavy rescue that was the source of some issues earlier.

New Hampton's truck, courtesy of their Facebook page:

post-18609-0-65102300-1419186007.jpg

post-18609-0-80956100-1419186013.jpg

post-18609-0-52844700-1419186018.jpg

I passed by their HQ yesterday and it was in there. I couldn't tell what happened to it.

It was down at Detroit - Alison in Lodi,NJ having work done

Point Pleasant Beach NJ Ocean co #1 ordered a E One Quest 2000 GPM Mid mount boom aka squirt Their 2nd Quest in past few years

When is New Rochelle Engine 22 supposed be delivered?

When is New Rochelle Engine 22 supposed be delivered?

When they finish building it

He is asking when they are supposed to be done with the rig.

I know. The scheduled final inspection date was suppose to be 12/7. the prepaint inspection is normally 6 weeks earlier, but was 10 days later.

So you tell me when it will be done...your guess is as good as mine

Is the new Engine 22 going to have a rescue-style body?

Similar to E21 & 23 (rescue body) with squad modifications

I know. The scheduled final inspection date was suppose to be 12/7. the prepaint inspection is normally 6 weeks earlier, but was 10 days later.

So you tell me when it will be done...your guess is as good as mine

If you think that New Rochelle FD's delay in getting their New Engine 22 is bad, take a look at the delay that Yonkers FD is having getting their 2 New Engine 303 and 313 from Ferrara Fire Apparatus and Neville Apparatus !! (The YFD bid was awarded back in March and Ferrara hasn't even started production on the 2 new rigs yet)

If you think that New Rochelle FD's delay in getting their New Engine 22 is bad, take a look at the delay that Yonkers FD is having getting their 2 New Engine 303 and 313 from Ferrara Fire Apparatus and Neville Apparatus !! (The YFD bid was awarded back in March and Ferrara hasn't even started production on the 2 new rigs yet)

That may or may not be a delay. What was the build time on the contract? Not uncommon for it to be 6 - 9 months or more before they start

The ladder was awarded in March. The yonkers pumpers were awarded June of 2013. I have herd that Ferrara and Neville apparatus are difficult to deal with.

Ferrara fire apparatus is junk !!, poorly built, s*** paint, bad customer service.

I say in 10 years Ferrara will be out of business.

Never heard of a Ferrara going back to be re-painted. KME, however, is notorious for it.

Spartan ERV has had a number of delays, or long wait periods before construction starts, as well recently.

Somers(Westchester) is sending Engine 180 out for a COMPLETE Refurbishment over the next 4 months.

x635 likes this

The ladder was awarded in March. The yonkers pumpers were awarded June of 2013. I have herd that Ferrara and Neville apparatus are difficult to deal with.

Well if bid was awarded for the Engine 303/313 replacements in June of 2013, even if stretching it to 12 months after the bid was awarded to start production, that would bring it to June of 2014. It is now December 2014, 18 months after the bid was awarded and production hasn't even started (not even talking about the March 2014 bid be awarded to the same manufacturer in March of 2014 for the replacement of TL 71 (now going on 9 months). Maybe Yonkers will see all 3 in 2017?

Wonder if Yonkers has any production delay penalties written in their contract (they would be smart if they did)?

huzzie59 likes this

Let's keep in mind that production delays sometimes are beyond the manufacturers controls and are due to the "just in time" supply chain issues that most manufacturers go by.............they rely on the engine vendor, transmission vendor, pump vendor, aerial vendor, and other component vendors to get that product to the assembly (stations) right when it needs to be there. If there's a delay in getting the Allison transmission, for example, that's going to slow down the rig build since a lot of work can't start until that transmission is in place.

Also, although the bid has been awarded, sometimes funded can be a whole separate issue. Pre-construction meetings at the factory can go awry, when the manufacturer and customer start disagreeing on things and things have to go back to the drawing board.

Or maybe it's simply that Yonkers doesn't want to be showcased on Ferrara's "In Production" page and actually is in production....

If someone credible and in the know wants to feed me the correct information, I will post it here anonymously.

huzzie59 likes this

Somers(Westchester) is sending Engine 180 out for a COMPLETE Refurbishment over the next 4 months.

Once Engine 180 returns hopefully in 4 months, Engine 181 it's twin will be sent out for the same refurb.

suffernH&Lbuff and x635 like this

I see FDNY has 3 or 4 Hazmat units in production at Ferrera will these be station pieces or sent to each borough of the city?