AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

Elmsford Fire Department(Westchester) has received a 2014 GMC G4500 ambulance 58B1.

New Hampton FD, Orange County new Spartan Glad/Rosenbauer-Metz will be put in service this week. Purchased from Garrison Fire in Palenville, the 2010/2013 Demo , Rosenbauer pn=MN3096, has a 1500 Hale pump / 180/25A/ 105' rear mounted ladder.

attachicon.gifDSC_0180-crop.jpg

so this is a staight stick?

Who is doing refurb ?

I saw it at Hudson Valley Fire Equipment.

What is the difference between a said "squad ' and an engine co.

If I recall correctly, a "Squad Company" in Westchester has specific requirements regarding special operations training (HAZMAT, Rescue, etc.) Capt. Nechis can probably provide more details.

BFD1054 likes this

Mahopac Falls (Putnam):

Took delivery to a 2015 F-350 Extended Cab, 6ft bed Chiefs Vehicle- done by NYCOMCO & in the beginning phases to replace our 2001 PL Custom Ambulance & 1992 Mack Tanker

x635 and suffernH&Lbuff like this

Maybrook Engine 218

Final inspection was conducted this week. Photo courtesy of Chief Charles D. Woznick

Is that an addition or replacing a current truck?

Is that an addition or replacing a current truck?

It is replacing Engine 215,a 1997 Spartan Central States pumper. Maybrook did the same thing a couple of years ago with E-218, which they designated Engine 210.

idlewildvfd likes this

It is replacing Engine 215,a 1997 Spartan Central States pumper. Maybrook did the same thing a couple of years ago with E-218, which they designated Engine 210.

Thanks.

Not with that dumpster hanging off the end

Hahahaha 👍😂

If I recall correctly, a "Squad Company" in Westchester has specific requirements regarding special operations training (HAZMAT, Rescue, etc.) Capt. Nechis can probably provide more details.

Wait Alex, I thought you could be a Squad simply because it sounds cool, silly me lol.

This topic came up not to long ago. You can call a piece of equipment whatever you'd like. But it better damn well carry the necessary equipment and more importantly carry members who are trained to the required level.

I know that you know this, I was just being my sarcastic self.

Edited by BFD1054
E106MKFD and SageVigiles like this

SQUAD COMPANY (TEAMS)

Valid Prefixes (SQ = Squad)

A vehicle(s) consisting of at least an Engine with or without other support vehicles (i.e.:Rescue, Ladder, or Utility Type), equipped with additional and specific equipment to handle

hazardous materials / WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) and/or technical rescue, that will respond with a minimum of six (6) trained and certified members, included a company officer.

For hazmat and WMD the minimum training level shall be Haz-Mat Technician (as identified under OSHA1910.120) and the squad shall have the equipment necessary to perform air monitoring, level “A” suit and decontamination.

For technical rescue the minimum training level shall be based on NFPA 1670. All members shall be at the technician level for structural collapse, trench rescue and confined space rescue and at the operations level for rope rescue. The squad shall have the equipment necessary to initiate a response, safely size up and identify additional resources required to safely mitigate these incidents.

Pelham Manor FD Engine 1 in action shot @ a recent 10-75 earlier this evening/tonight on 1084 Washington Avenue. Photo credit/copyright to me.

post-2562-0-34018200-1422486943.jpg

Edited by EFD1883
Viper and x635 like this

Verplank is getting a new rescue truck. Does anyone have anymore details?

20effd37 likes this

Freehold(Greene County,NY) is expecting delivery of a used Rescue Pumper at the end of February. Athens(Greene County,NY) is taking delivery tomorrow of a 2014 Rosenbauer Viper 78' Smart Aerial with 1500 GPM pump and 400 Gallon poly tank.

New Hamburg Fire District, Town of Poughkeepsie. Seagrave engine on order end of summer time frame for delivery.

Danger and x635 like this

Maybrook took delivery of the new Engine 218 yesterday. Bullville's twin KME pumpers are well underway and are expected in a few weeks, according to one source.

No further updates yet on Pine Bush or anyone else "local".

idlewildvfd likes this

Saugerties(Ulster County,NY) has a 2015 Pierce Saber engine on order that will be assigned to E-53-30:CA Lynch Hose Company #2.

West Harrison just purchased a new 2015 Tahoe (SSV) to replace 2501. The 2011 Tahoe (2501) is becoming 2502. Lighting and vinyl is being done by Hudson Valley Fire Equipment.

x635 likes this

Pictures of Bullville Engine 251 can be found on the department Facebook page. Engine 252 will be a twin to 251.

Verplank is getting a new rescue truck. Does anyone have anymore details?

highly doubt that they currently have a rescue pumper that serves the purpose

Monroe has taken delivery of a Smeel 75' Quint and placed an order for smeal 100' platform to be delivered within 360 days

x635 likes this

Here is a picture of Bullville NY Orange County Town Of Crawford new rig, its twin is still in production

post-21691-0-38620200-1425013740.jpg

Edited by MaybrookLt1
trauma74, idlewildvfd and BFD1054 like this