AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

Bedford Hills will purchase a tandem walk-in heavy rescue, most likely Seagrave.

Same exact rumor since 2008...

Westfield12 likes this

Yes, that's it. Same deal as a few years ago. The plan was to replace two then, and two in a few years. Only reason 320 got the nod in the first round was because of the refurb to 322. That was what a member said at the time, if I am remembering correctly.

Saw some interesting comments on Ellenville FD's Facebook page. A vote just passed to purchase a new pumper-tanker. Somebody who hadn't seen the original post asked if it was for a ladder. They said there is a ladder on order (vote had twice previously failed for that). No info on what or when for either piece as of yet.

Ladder is a Pierce Rear Mount. Pumper-Tanker is going out to bid I believe.

Westfield12 likes this

Any updates on when the Yonkers Fire Department is expected to take delivery of their 3 New Ferrara Fire Apparatus rigs (2 - Ferrara Ultra Pumpers and 1 - Ferrara Inferno Tower Ladder) that will for Engines 303 and 313 as well as for Tower Ladder 71)?

Will all 3 rigs be delivered to the City of Yonkers for inspection, review, driver training, and ultimately to be placed into service, all at the same time, or will they be delivered in phases by Ferrara?

Westfield12 likes this

Ladder is a Pierce Rear Mount. Pumper-Tanker is going out to bid I believe.

If the vote for the ladder failed 2x, how are they purchasing it?

Westfield12 likes this

The Ellenville vote actually failed 3 times. Every year the department puts money in a separate account towards a vehicle purchase or when they would purchase a truck they had a decent down payment towards it. The last vote failed over a year ago mainly because former members giving bad information and stirring the pot. The current truck is 27 years old. The department finally had enough to purchase the truck without having to go to vote or bid hence why they went right with Pierce. The pumper tanker did decent at vote. The current pumper tanker is 25 years old. All in all I think it's a great thing that they are finally able to make much needed purchases as the ladder was becoming quite costly every year to keep up with repairs

Morningside VFD, Company 27, Prince George's County, Maryland

2001 Spartan/Luverne Pumper (Formerly from Allentown Road VFD, Company 32) undergoing refurb in Pennsylvania, should be back in service the next month or so.

Before:

post-5878-0-20338400-1435800804.jpg

Now:

post-5878-0-14828700-1435800666.jpg

post-5878-0-48741900-1435800675.jpg

post-5878-0-37683800-1435800682.jpg

Westfield12 likes this

Delivered 7/3/2015 Verplanck new U 29

all photos taken by John Nohai on 7/4/2015 in the Peekskill FD 4th of July Parade

Nice. What is it going to be used for?

According to a very reliable source, the new mamaroneck village engine 42 , a pierce quantum rescue engine will be black and orange. TIGERS......

According to a very reliable source, the new mamaroneck village engine 42 , a pierce quantum rescue engine will be black and orange. TIGERS......

Westfield12 likes this

Nice. What is it going to be used for?

Not sure i can only assume towing their boat and other various uses like pump outs, baby sitting downed wires, and ECT...

Westfield12 likes this

Deliverd 7/3/2015 Verplanck new U 29

all photos taken by John Nohai on 7/4/2015 in the Peekskill FD 4th of July Parade

who manufactured the vehicle and what's is used for? looks nice.

Westfield12 likes this

Greenville Fire District in Orange County,NY has taken delivery of a 2006 Pierce to operate as Engine 703. I believe this will take over Rescue 702's duties and replace the 2008 KME Heavy Rescue, known as Rescue 702.

Westfield12 likes this

Greenville Fire District in Orange County,NY has taken delivery of a 2006 Pierce to operate as Engine 703. I believe this will take over Rescue 702's duties and replace the 2008 KME Heavy Rescue, known as Rescue 702.

They had another Pierce engine lined up to do that, not sure what became of it. The rescue is still around (it was in Port's parade yesterday) and one source has said that they are working on ways to correct the weight "issues" and keep it going. 703 may be an addition, not confirmed. Or, it may replace 704 which has been out of service for a while. Have not heard why as of yet.

A little outside our "normal" coverage area here on the site, but Dingmans Township, PA (Pike Co., near Milford) has received a new Smeal Sirius rescue pumper, which was also displayed in Port Jervis's parade yesterday.

boca1day and Westfield12 like this

Carmel,NY(Putnam): New Tower 12-5-1 is in production. It is a 2015 Ferrara Inferno 100' RM Tower Ladder 1250-2000/400. Color is Black over Yellow. Job number is H-5733.

Westfield12 likes this

Carmel,NY(Putnam): New Tower 12-5-1 is in production. It is a 2015 Ferrara Inferno 100' RM Tower Ladder 1250-2000/400. Color is Black over Yellow. Job number is H-5733.

Black over Lime Greem

Westfield12 likes this

That should look pretty sharp when it's finished.

Spoke with a Pine Bush member last week, was told their new engine will be delivered in a few weeks. Currently having tools mounted, etc.

Westfield12 likes this

This vehicle is still not in service......

I heard that this was going to be U-182 and not Car 2441 Edited by KJ8806
Westfield12 likes this

That should look pretty sharp when it's finished.

Spoke with a Pine Bush member last week, was told their new engine will be delivered in a few weeks. Currently having tools mounted, etc.

what are they getting
Westfield12 likes this

who manufactured the vehicle and what's is used for? looks nice.

cant remember the manufacturer but please refer to my explanation above

Westfield12 likes this

Picture quality isn't the best, but here's the latest apparatus update from Morningside VFD down here in Prince George's County, MD.

The refurb of the new-to-us Engine 827 is almost complete. Lettering was completed a few days ago. Still needs the Roto-Ray and the 27 on the grille, but so far she's looking pretty good.

post-5878-0-13490600-1438262205.jpg

Also, the new-to-us Ambulance 827 has arrived at a shop in Maryland. Its going to need a few months of TLC before its ready for the streets, but we're looking forward to placing this unit in service. Once it's completed, it will be the first time in many years that all of the apparatus in the station are owned by the company.

post-5878-0-04562500-1438262222.jpg

Edited by SageVigiles

Pine Bush Fire Department - NEW 2014/2015 Rosenbauer Commander 4000 Engine 228 1500/1000/0/Rescue. Replaces their 1995 Boise/Mobile Engine. This is a real beauty! Gold leafing is fantastic......

post-4255-0-43945200-1438358571.jpg

AndyC3J, Westfield12 and boca1day like this

Pine Bush Fire Department - NEW 2014/2015 Rosenbauer Commander 4000 Engine 228 1500/1000/0/Rescue. Replaces their 1995 Boise/Mobile Engine. This is a real beauty! Gold leafing is fantastic......

attachicon.gif018-crop.jpg

I can't seem to find a website with the url, fireapparatus.net. Any help?

Westfield12 likes this

FIREAPPARATUS.NET is the "genaric" title. try greenefireapparatus.net , or ccnyfireapparatus.net , or schohariefireapparatus.net

Westfield12 and idlewildvfd like this

Spy shot of the COMPLETED Engine 827 from our Facebook page, it will be back at the station by Friday. I believe it still needs radios, etc.

I am planning on taking some shots this weekend during the dedication ceremony for our Rescue Engine.

post-5878-0-01804600-1438687570.jpg

x4093k, Westfield12 and lad45der like this